Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Divers record footage of 'real-life Jaws'

UM-Bot

Footage has emerged showing what is thought to be the largest great white shark ever recorded on film.

In a scene reminiscent of something from Steven Spielberg's 1975 classic monster movie, scientists looking for sharks off the coast of Guadalupe Island in Mexico managed to film a gigantic 20ft great white known as 'Deep Blue' swimming around them.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-real-life-jaws

• Like 2

look at the size of its jaws

dana.. dana.. dana.. danadanadanadana

Edited by MissJatti
  • Like 3

look at the size of its jaws

dana.. dana.. dana.. danadanadanadana

BATMAN

• Like 5

WOW! He/she is beautiful :wub:

• Like 7

Glad to see some Giants left. To think at one time they were hunted to almost extinction.

• Like 4

Don't alert any dentists of this news...

Took me a while to get this one!

Is it just me or did the little fish seem happy to see it?

"YAY! Free food in exchange for our teeth-cleaning services!"

Can't say that "beautiful" would be the word I would use to describe this beast.

More of them out there too.

This Tiger Shark was landed in NSW, it was a bit shorter at 18 feet. Before people get upset, it is not known yet if it was killed intentionally, but being on that boat, it sure looks the case. Just glad I did not meet it.

LINK

ReCnMNX.jpg

2_d.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

The video didn't work for me....

I found this one on youtube though.

Seems to be the same one at the link, it works at the page.

Edited by psyche101

Can't say that "beautiful" would be the word I would use to describe this beast.

More of them out there too.

This Tiger Shark was landed in NSW, it was a bit shorter at 18 feet. Before people get upset, it is not known yet if it was killed intentionally, but being on that boat, it sure looks the case. Just glad I did not meet it.

LINK

And I'm sure you didn't put up those pics just to upset anyone ...... or spoil the shark-appreciation fest :whistle:

Oh please, give the guy a break :)

Did anyone give the shark a break? ;)

And I'm sure you didn't put up those pics just to upset anyone ...... or spoil the shark-appreciation fest :whistle:

Ohh get over yourself and go cry me an ocean. The GW was 20 foot, the Tiger 18, amazing coincidence that the two were seen so close together. If such huge beast's really are endangered, then it is astounding that two were seen so close to the same time frame isn't it.

Did anyone give the shark a break? ;)

I will bet the shark did not and killed indiscriminately. Both of them for that matter.

That is what they do. What the hell has that got to do with the fact that there are more big sharks out there?

Ohh get over yourself and go cry me an ocean. The GW was 20 foot, the Tiger 18, amazing coincidence that the two were seen so close together. If such huge beast's really are endangered, then it is astounding that two were seen so close to the same time frame isn't it.

I will bet the shark did not and killed indiscriminately. Both of them for that matter.

That is what they do. What the hell has that got to do with the fact that there are more big sharks out there?

You missed my point, I was simply saying that the photos were distressing ..... obscene in fact.

You missed my point, I was simply saying that the photos were distressing ..... obscene in fact.

No you did not, you said I was ruining your Shark Lovers fest.

They are what they are, obscene to some, not to others. I though the size was the common denominator here myself.

You can love sharks all you want do not force that onto others, some of us work with live and let live, we don't have to admire a species for that. And I do not see Sharks as "Beautiful" I see them as effective killing machines. They are needed to clean up the oceans and play a part in the ecology, they are important in that respect, that's all that matters. You would not think it was so beautiful if it was tearing your leg off.