Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Putting ghosts and spirits into an evil jar?

LostSouls7

Well I've been watching some films about voodoo how they take human souls and put them into jars to gain power

and immortality.

Well I was wondering is there a way to puts ghosts and demons into jars and use them for power

or to do my bidding?

I've love to just have them be my servants and me be their master.

If anyone has done this or knows how to do it please tell me how!

I've always wanted to tell a spirit, "" It's time to send you into my evil jar!"

• Like 3

The key word here is FILMS, no doubt works of fiction.

Have you tried some jam or maybe peanut butter?

• Like 2

Use a plastic squeeze bottle instead. That way, you can regulate how much ghost comes out at a time.

Plus, they hate that. That and pianos.

• Like 7

Did you happen to watch all of those films? Like when a teenager inevitably breaks the jar open and lets the bugger out?

The "genie in a bottle" motif is positively ancient. There are stories of Solomon sealing plague-demons in copper vessels with tin seals and hiding the jars in the Temple treasuries, should the Temple ever be robbed or plundered. Supposedly, some unfortunate Babylonian looters found them a few centuries later and subsequently died.

While that may be a rather interesting use of early germ warfare and a testament to the survivability of bacterial endospores, the story is itself a warning. A spirit's an nigh immortal critter that can only be contained in a mortal vessel that's been consecrated and endowed with divine mojo and enchantments, which are still almost always broken by mortals somewhere down the line. You lock a spirit in a bottle now, you're just making an insane spirit someone else's problem a couple hundred years from now.

In the whole of the Judeo-Christian corpus, I can only think of two demons every successfully "contained" by something fashioned from the physical world. And I put "contained" in quotes because even these angel-devised super-maxes have their flaws. Then again, the Gates of Hell seem to have permeability issues as well, so maybe there's also a lesson on relying too heavily on absolutes.

• Like 2

Putting a sentient being in a jar would be evil. You can't fight evil with evil.

• Like 1

Putting a sentient being in a jar would be evil. You can't fight evil with evil.

I don't know. Putting a sentient being in Hell is just as bad.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Not that I believe this, but there is a way!

You don't capture an evil entity in a jar, but in a mirror box or a Dybbuk Box..

A simple jar cannot contain an evil spirit!

In a mirror box, the evil entity becomes confused about 'which way is out' and remains trapped there...in a Dybbuk Box, a haunted object is placed inside, with prayers and invocations calling all the demons to come forth and 'associate' with it...once they do, you seal the box up with some protection spells to prevent the demon from escaping.

Not that you will ever get a demon to do your own bidding of course....they pretty much have a mind of their own.

Edited by The Necromancer
  • Like 2

Well I've been watching some films about voodoo how they take human souls and put them into jars to gain power

and immortality.

Well I was wondering is there a way to puts ghosts and demons into jars and use them for power

or to do my bidding?

I've love to just have them be my servants and me be their master.

If anyone has done this or knows how to do it please tell me how!

I've always wanted to tell a spirit, "" It's time to send you into my evil jar!"

I think, it is in Arabian fairy tales only. Higher creatures are more powerful than humans.

• Like 1

I still say a plastic squeeze bottle is best. Just be sure to label it properly, because I don't want to mistakenly spray evil entity all over my hamburger. That wouldn't do.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
On 8/25/2015 at 11:24 AM, Redefining Success said:
On 8/26/2015 at 10:47 PM, Magnanimus said:

Did you happen to watch all of those films? Like when a teenager inevitably breaks the jar open and lets the bugger out?

The "genie in a bottle" motif is positively ancient. There are stories of Solomon sealing plague-demons in copper vessels with tin seals and hiding the jars in the Temple treasuries, should the Temple ever be robbed or plundered. Supposedly, some unfortunate Babylonian looters found them a few centuries later and subsequently died.

While that may be a rather interesting use of early germ warfare and a testament to the survivability of bacterial endospores, the story is itself a warning. A spirit's an nigh immortal critter that can only be contained in a mortal vessel that's been consecrated and endowed with divine mojo and enchantments, which are still almost always broken by mortals somewhere down the line. You lock a spirit in a bottle now, you're just making an insane spirit someone else's problem a couple hundred years from now.

In the whole of the Judeo-Christian corpus, I can only think of two demons every successfully "contained" by something fashioned from the physical world. And I put "contained" in quotes because even these angel-devised super-maxes have their flaws. Then again, the Gates of Hell seem to have permeability issues as well, so maybe there's also a lesson on relying too heavily on absolutes.

Your words are very wise. After seeing evil magicians and wizards in movies and cartoons capture souls and demons in jars and then have them work for them, I thought how wonderful that might be indeed.

So only two demons were successfully captured in this way? When was this? Were they two of Solomons demons ?

On 10/24/2015 at 11:01 PM, The Necromancer said:

Not that I believe this, but there is a way!

You don't capture an evil entity in a jar, but in a mirror box or a Dybbuk Box..

A simple jar cannot contain an evil spirit!

In a mirror box, the evil entity becomes confused about 'which way is out' and remains trapped there...in a Dybbuk Box, a haunted object is placed inside, with prayers and invocations calling all the demons to come forth and 'associate' with it...once they do, you seal the box up with some protection spells to prevent the demon from escaping.

Not that you will ever get a demon to do your own bidding of course....they pretty much have a mind of their own.

Yesss thank you for this wisdom! I prefer a huge jar to put them all in. However a mirror or box would do just fine as well. I want to bend them to my will! If they get out of line.. back into the evil jar they go!

On 10/25/2015 at 5:48 AM, Lumpino said:

I think, it is in Arabian fairy tales only. Higher creatures are more powerful than humans.

I am a Wizard.. more than a mere mortal!

On 10/25/2015 at 10:07 PM, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

I still say a plastic squeeze bottle is best. Just be sure to label it properly, because I don't want to mistakenly spray evil entity all over my hamburger. That wouldn't do.

Like maybe Wasabi.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2016 at 10:37 PM, LostSouls7 said:

So only two demons were successfully captured in this way? When was this? Were they two of Solomons demons ?

There probably never was a Solomon, and certainly all of the grimoires are pseudepigraphical. That said, the supposed vessel was of iron and tossed into the sea. So demons supposedly have an aversion to both iron and salt. There are rings and seals, etc., for containment. Look into Goetia. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LostSouls7 said:

I like Wasabi

Oh I do too -- in very small amounts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

There probably never was a Solomon, and certainly all of the grimoires are pseudepigraphical. That said, the supposed vessel was of iron and tossed into the sea. So demons supposedly have an aversion to both iron and salt. There are rings and seals, etc., for containment. Look into Goetia. 

So then who wrote the grimoires and for what purpose ?

2 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Oh I do too -- in very small amounts.

to eat it in small amounts is indeed wise.

9 hours ago, LostSouls7 said:

So then who wrote the grimoires and for what purpose ?

Medieval Christians. The idea was that if you were righteous enough, you not only had the ability to control demons, but the obligation. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coolguy said:

amything is possable 

Good point! yes anything is possible!

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

Medieval Christians. The idea was that if you were righteous enough, you not only had the ability to control demons, but the obligation. 

Wow so they wrote those magic books? Makes sense now why they say write all holy names on the circle etc.

Just now, LostSouls7 said:

Wow so they wrote those magic books? Makes sense now why they say write all holy names on the circle etc.

Yep. The works may have derived from earlier works by kabbalists and alchemists, but there's no evidence for the actual keys being any older than 14th or 15th century. 

• Like 1