Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Submerged city in Pacific Ocean

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

• By Belenos and Toutatis!

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:36 AM

Searching the web I found some info and pics supposedly referring to a submerged city in the Pacific.
A mysterious building lies at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.
Its colossal plazas once sparkled with the pageantry of a vanished people.
Where now fish and scuba divers glide over its ramparts,
priests, astronomers, sailors and kings
from a forgotten epoch once walked.
Before cataclysms of fire and flood engulfed this structure,
it may have been a sacred center of mankind's original homeland.
It may have been the Temple of Mu.

Site is here
Take a look and tell me what you think.
Also, does anyone have any more info about this submerged city?

Posted Image
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
Paulo Coelho

#2    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:44 AM

Sounds like silliness to me.

BTW, where are the pics?

Edited by Mad Manfred, 04 December 2004 - 11:44 AM.

#3    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(Mad Manfred @ Dec 4 2004, 01:44 PM)
Sounds like silliness to me.

BTW, where are the pics?

View Post

Sounds kinda..fishy to me too.  grin2.gif
Pics are in the "tour" section of the site.
Here starts the first one, and by clicking next you get to see the rest. Some of them are not pics actully; they are designs. But there are pics too.

Posted Image
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
Paulo Coelho

#4    _hAiLO_

_hAiLO_

Government Agent

• 3,777 posts

• "Yay! I'm gonna be sick!" -GIR

Posted 04 December 2004 - 12:53 PM

Whao, those pics are cool. If they were a fraud, then who else could have built a city and submerged it? I'm sure no government in the world would want to spend money and hoax another Atlantis Phenomenon.

At what part of the Pacific were these buildings found?

Those buildings and that submerged city looks 100% authentic...I guess the only way to find out if it really is authentic of faked is to go down and see our selves?

You may believe i'm a gullible fool, but look whos gullible now.

#5    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:15 PM

I found another site.
It's here

It says there that the temple is located near the south-western point of Japan's Ryukyu Islands. Structure is believed to be about 12,000 years old

Posted Image
Paulo Coelho

#6    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:22 PM

"IMD Films", "Mu" and the "too detailed" photographs leads me to believe that this is for a movie?

Fishy  grin2.gif

#7    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:47 PM

this is for a movie?

Nah, I don't think so. I've found in the last half an hour quite many details in various sites.
Here's another

Posted Image
Paulo Coelho

#8    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 04 December 2004 - 02:34 PM

'The TEMPLE of MU' is MOST definitely REAL ... there has been an hour long documentary regarding this on both History & Discovery channels over the last year or so !!!!

To ME this formation is man made & this is IMHO only based only on what Ive seen from the doco .... the only trouble being that they got a highly esteemed archaological expert (cannot recall name) from the States to inspect it & he come to the conclusion that the structures were caused by entirely natural mechanisms ???

#9    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 04:25 PM

I think it's more than obvious that these formations are man-made.. Just notice the edges and the corners..
user posted image
user posted image

Posted Image
Paulo Coelho

#10    _hAiLO_

_hAiLO_

Government Agent

• 3,777 posts

• "Yay! I'm gonna be sick!" -GIR

Posted 04 December 2004 - 04:27 PM

I don't understand how they could be under teh ocean. Could it be that the land those temples are standing on once did not contain water? Or is it another Atlantis?

I agree with Asterix that they are man-made, but I also think that it could be another Atlantis. That city could have been above water before, or aliens dived down and created it themselves.

You may believe i'm a gullible fool, but look whos gullible now.

#11    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 04 December 2004 - 04:45 PM

One thing that nobody seems to have noticed is that while the close up photos and the ones with divers in them seem to be actual photographs; the distance shots are all computer created images..This makes it a bit hard to judge exactly how grand of a city this may have been. But I would certainly doubt it's on the scale of the legendary Mu or Lemuria.
..But..
Were an Empire to have vanished under the sea it's infinitely more likely to have happened in the geologically unstable Pacific instead of the Atlantic. Islands sink there in our own time; so it seems likely it could have happened in ancient times. So overall; I'd give a lot more creedence to the Mu legend than I ever would to Atlantis..

#12    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(Falco Rex @ Dec 4 2004, 06:45 PM)
Were an Empire to have vanished under the sea it's infinitely more likely to have happened in the geologically unstable Pacific instead of the Atlantic. Islands sink there in our own time;

View Post

It's true that the Pacific is more unstable than the Atlantic, but that does not mean the Atlantic Ocean is a stable environment. Especially considering the mid-ocean ridge, and the constant changing in elevations etc, I think we can safely say that Atlantic Ocean is, too, a changing environment.

Posted Image
Paulo Coelho

#13    TheQueenGalaxy

TheQueenGalaxy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:07 AM

I believe that this is the Lost city of Mu.  What was once above, is now below the ocean.  If the crust shifts so that it rises again, thern believe me, other things will go below the ocean. . . like California.

#14    The Russian Hare

The Russian Hare

Silent assassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• Boat Tailed & Hollow Pointed

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:52 AM

Has a geologist or oceanographer looked at these formations and ruled out a natural origin?

I plead the Fifth, but if you get pushy with me I'll plead the Second. Posted Image

#15    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(Redneck @ Dec 7 2004, 04:52 AM)
Has a geologist or oceanographer looked at these formations and ruled out a natural origin?

View Post

To be honest I didn't take the time to read the full articles, but like I said before, it does look from the photographs (or some of them anyway) that such sharp corners can't be a natural formation...

Posted Image
Paulo Coelho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users