Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obese Ghost in Kitchen Wearing a Hat..!?

JollyJoeBean

A photo I received in email. They say it's a ghost in their kitchen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signs suggesting it's not a ghost:

Signs of some motion blur.

The figure appears to be wearing a t-shirt.

His right arm and a sleeve.

He has an overlapping belly.

And he seems to be wearing a belt under his belly.

Can a ghost be obese?

Signs suggesting the possibly of it possibly being supernatural:

The body seems rather big for that kitchen.

The head seems particularly small.

He's wearing a hat that looks especially small for his head.

The hat seems to be floating on top of his head!

Some ghosts wear similar hats. Shadow ghosts particularly. Although this doesn't appear to be a shadow ghost.

I would normally discard this photo from any consideration. But the 4 points directly above suggest differently.

I would like to know what others thing about it? Can the above points give credence to supernatural consideration?

Thanks in advance for any input you might offer.

ztictacgoo754_zpsr4sw49rb.jpg

Edited by JollyJoeBean
  • Like 1

I don't think he can be discounted as a ghost just because he is 'big-boned' :lol: , surely ghosts are the shape they were in real life? And of course, some ghosts are sartorially-challenged. They don't all wear velvet knickerbockers, flouncy white collars and feathers in their caps.

Do you know details of how the photo was taken? What time it was? Seems odd to be taking a photo in the kitchen with the light off. Did the person who took the photo see the ghost or was it just there when they looked at the photo later?

All in all, I'm pretty sure this isn't a ghost.

• Like 3

Because of the low-light conditions I am going to presume this was a very long exposure photo, and so my first assumption is that the 'figure' we see is a person subject to motion-blur due to the exposure time. This would be supported by the small light trail in the lower-right of the picture which would seem to be coming from something the person is wearing on their arm/wrist/hand, which is swinging while they walk.

• Like 3

Well I suppose the best place to find a fat ghost would be the kitchen although I don't think that is what this is.

• Like 1

Obese ghost comes out in the kitchen, for a midnight munch

• Like 1

Thank you everyone!

Ouija Ouija... I'll have to go through about a thousand emails but I'll find it. I'll post it when it's found.

Lilly... "It slimmed me!" I love that 2 minute scene from GhostBusters! .........thank you for the entertainment. :)

Leonardo... Yes I agree, Motion blur is definitely a factor. And it's quite probable that it's a living person........thank you!

Tonopah & MissJatti... Love your comments! :D

Any thoughts on the tiny HAT that seems to be riding on the top of it's head?

Edited by JollyJoeBean
  • Like 2

I find it hard to accept that the tiny head(which I now notice has a face on it), and the hat, are anything to do with the blurry, bloated body.

Yes, the head and the hat are the principle reasons I am even considering the photo. Otherwise, I would have dismissed it from the beginning.

So does anyone have any thoughts on why the head is so small or why it's tiny hat seems to be floating on the very top of it's head? ............Or is it the head at all?

Yes, the head and the hat are the principle reasons I am even considering the photo. Otherwise, I would have dismissed it from the beginning.

So does anyone have any thoughts on why the head is so small or why it's tiny hat seems to be floating on the very top of it's head? ............Or is it the head at all?

Because the motion blur and long exposure time makes the outline and shape of the subject indistinct and even 'transparent'. For example, notice how we can see the electric socket on the rear wall 'through' the subject's outline?

It's just an artifact of how the photo was taken, rather than representative of the subject itself. I don't think the subject is wearing a hat at all, but what we are seeing is a blurry part-image of the hair.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

Some ghosts wear similar hats. Shadow ghosts particularly. Although this doesn't appear to be a shadow ghost.

No offense, but that's a pretty weak argument for considering this to be something supernatural.

1. The body does not seem particularly big compared with the kitchen to me.

2. The head isn't small. It's just that most of it is transparent or semi-transparent due to motion blue. The "small head" is just the bit that the background didn't become visible through due to the blur.

3. I'm not sure that is a hat. I think it's just an optical illusion caused by the motion blue distortion.

4. Some ghosts also don't wear hats. Some people also wear hats. The fact that a hat is similar to that on alleged ghosts is a very weak reason to consider a photo as being supernatural.

• Like 2

I don't think he can be discounted as a ghost just because he is 'big-boned' :lol: , surely ghosts are the shape they were in real life? And of course, some ghosts are sartorially-challenged. They don't all wear velvet knickerbockers, flouncy white collars and feathers in their caps.

Do you know details of how the photo was taken? What time it was? Seems odd to be taking a photo in the kitchen with the light off. Did the person who took the photo see the ghost or was it just there when they looked at the photo later?

All in all, I'm pretty sure this isn't a ghost.

The one and only ghost I ever saw full bodied apparition was a teenaged sandy haired green-eyed boy in a full black cape, a black tricorner hat and a bright pink egret feather plume sticking out the back of the hat. He walked down the full length of our bumpy road, his eyes fixed on me staring the whole time, not blinking, maybe 50 feet away. It's impossible to walk down that road and not watch your feet or you'd fall flat on your face. And there was no sound at all of footfall. But he was as clear to me as anyone I'd ever seen. He remained emotionless, his gaze fixed on me and I was about to challenge him for his boldness except I'd frozen, my voice and my hands. It was unusually early for me to feed around 6 AM. The flake of hay I'd grabbed just fell from my hands onto the ground because my fingers froze too and couldn't grip. Then I snapped out of it, bent down to pick up the hay and looked again. The boy was gone, just vanished and where he was there wasn't time for him to have run full speed to escape my view.

My son had seen him a few years before transparent from the waist down, wearing bib overalls and staring at him while he played on the haystack.

• Like 1

Leonardo & Jesse... Sounds like motion blur must be the culprit, as is the obvious conclusion. But since I and the publisher I work with have not seen motion blur presented quite that way before, I thought it would be helpful to reach out for additional input.

I am still open to other conclusions concerning the head and hat if anyone else cares to chime in... thanks

SSilhouette... That's quite an experience you had! I usually tell people, if you experience an apparition, don't run for a camera or a witness, etc... just enjoy the experience. But in your case it sounds like it definitely took you by surprise. It can be quite scary to say the least, especially if one is alone at the time! But you did have the chance to see something most will never see. So that part is exciting, right?

• Like 1

Leonardo & Jesse... Sounds like motion blur must be the culprit, as is the obvious conclusion. But since I and the publisher I work with have not seen motion blur presented quite that way before, I thought it would be helpful to reach out for additional input.

I am still open to other conclusions concerning the head and hat if anyone else cares to chime in... thanks

SSilhouette... That's quite an experience you had! I usually tell people, if you experience an apparition, don't run for a camera or a witness, etc... just enjoy the experience. But in your case it sounds like it definitely took you by surprise. It can be quite scary to say the least, especially if one is alone at the time! But you did have the chance to see something most will never see. So that part is exciting, right?

Yes, it is. I've had many more weird experiences if you follow some of my threads and posts. But never have I seen an actual ghost before or since, only forms out of the corner of my eye that I've written off to just being tired or whatever.

This time was just early in the morning. It was like a completely unremarkable day, a Tuesday or something at 6:00am. I was feeding early because I had a really big day that I had to travel away in order to work. Nobody up the road to the dead end, of the only three houses up there could vouch for this boy. And I must say I was stunned to see this lad in full 3-D, strolling down the drive in what looked like full theater costume at 6:00am. There was no bus going by at that hour. Not even a high school bus which wouldn't be going by there until 7:30am at least. And the walk to the nearest bus stop for the city bus was a full mile away. The things he was wearing were impeccably clean and new looking. So I thought "why would this kid who was obviously going to a theater performance be wearing his costume to trudge to town a mile away, from the backwoods where we are at, to get it all sweaty and dirty and wet?" (it was misting and grey that morning too). The Feather from damp weather would be flat and ruined by the time he got to town anyway. But there he was.

It was only when I noticed his fixed stare at me, without blinking at all, and without looking at his feet that my suspicious were raised. It bordered on insolence. He certainly was unknown to me and I to him. So to stare like that at a total stranger without any acknowledgment orally is definitely rude. And as I say, I was on the brink of telling him so when I found myself voiceless, frozen and watching in amazement as the flake of hay I was holding in my fingers simply dropped from them to the ground. It was like the signal in my brain to my fingers just stopped working for a moment and they went slack. Same with my voice. You could say I was paralyzed briefly. Then, when in the instant it took me to bend over and pick up the hay again, he just vanished. He had a good 50 feet or more to the end of the drive and another 50 feet after he rounded either corner to disappear behind brush out of view. He would've had to be the fastest sprinter ever to make it around either way to be out of my view. But he was just gone and without a sound the entire time, which is impossible on our graveled and potholled driveway.

My son and daughter used to see a lot more things. Like I said, my son said he saw a boy that "kind of looks like me mom" transparent from the waist down, with his upper half in old-style bib overalls just staring at him as he was playing on the haystack. His description fit the boy I saw perfectly, because he very much did resemble my son. Both my kids used to occasionally report seeing a small black hooded figure roaming around the grounds. Once my son said he saw this figure walking between my daughter and a friend of hers at they made their way to our pond. The black hooded figure seemed to be more out of focus or non-descript but the boy I saw was wearing a full black cape and a black tricorner hat, so a partial manifestation of him might appear to them as a more non-descript black hooded figure?

Anyway, yes, I'd heard about ghost sightings like these before. Interestingly enough, we have since bought a book about our local history and there is a tale of way back around the turn of the 18th to the 19th century, a ship passing from England or Portugal or Spain...I forget which one, will have to look it up again, had a man and his 13-ish year old son disembark to locate fresh water when they put in temporary port. After some time, the natives said the two men wanted to stay and wouldn't be getting back on the boat. It's not entirely clear whether the man and his son were with them or the natives just represented that they didn't want to get back on? My thoughts were that maybe they were killed and the natives to keep things from boiling over, simply said they didn't want to get back on? Anyway, the boy must have died at that age because that's the age of his ghost. And, freshwater springs that feed the creek that goes near that harbor are right on my property at the crest of it. They feed the pond I mentioned. So it's possible the boy and his father were killed right at my place, or somehow died here. My son and daughter and father, oddly, all have seen an anglo looking man ghost too, with tanned colored skin. Lighter features with tanned skin. My father saw the man staring in at him as he slept in my son's room, as if the man had come to inspect who was sleeping in my son's room instead of my son while my father was visiting. He described him as tall and lanky and germanic features. My daughter has seen just his arm waking her in the morning when she overslept. And she heard him breathing heavily outside her window, the same night my father reported he was staring in my son's room at him sleeping. And we've all heard heavy footfall on the rooftops of our two units here.

SSilhouette, thank you for sharing!

Your family has witnessed some incredible manifestations on that property. Doesn't sound like anything evil or scary... but maybe just letting you guys know they're around.

I would stay clear of the black hooded one though. :mellow:

It's 'Slimer' from Ghostbusters!

Beat me to it, but since it's still fun:

slimer-chows-down-o.gif

A photo I received in email. They say it's a ghost in their kitchen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signs suggesting it's not a ghost:

Signs of some motion blur.

The figure appears to be wearing a t-shirt.

His right arm and a sleeve.

He has an overlapping belly.

And he seems to be wearing a belt under his belly.

Can a ghost be obese?

I would normally discard this photo from any consideration. But the 4 points directly above suggest differently.

I would like to know what others thing about it? Can the above points give credence to supernatural consideration?

Thanks in advance for any input you might offer.

ztictacgoo754_zpsr4sw49rb.jpg

There is no such thing as an obese entity. I think this picture is made up by using adobe or similar photo editing software.

Consider that there's no proof that any entities exist, as of now. So, there's no real debate as to what the image is.

How's about you get back to the origin of this (and what IS the origin by the way? - if we can't verify it or ask questions of the provider, then I'd say you have 100% verification of it being an attempted hoax right there..)... Anyway, ask them to show us a DAYLIGHT image of the exact same scene, and also explain why they took this image, what they *saw* at the time, and what equipment and what settings were used...

If they won't spend any time on it, neither will I, neither should you..

• Like 2

How's about you get back to the origin of this (and what IS the origin by the way? - if we can't verify it or ask questions of the provider, then I'd say you have 100% verification of it being an attempted hoax right there..)... Anyway, ask them to show us a DAYLIGHT image of the exact same scene, and also explain why they took this image, what they *saw* at the time, and what equipment and what settings were used...

If they won't spend any time on it, neither will I, neither should you..

Me?

Me?

Sorry, should have made it clearer I was talking to JollyJoe, the OP.. not you, Thor!

• Like 1

Consider that there's no proof that any entities exist, as of now. So, there's no real debate as to what the image is.

Next up, "the website "unexplained-mysteries it no longer necessary"... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Next up, "the website "unexplained-mysteries it no longer necessary"... :rolleyes:

Well, most of the stuff posted pretty much debunks itself. Most of the remainder is just us arguing with each other just for the sake of arguing. Oh, and some funny jokes and pictures of pets. The rest, actual interaction and debate. Just not very much of it.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

Well, most of the stuff posted pretty much debunks itself. Most of the remainder is just us arguing with each other just for the sake of arguing. Oh, and some funny jokes and pictures of pets. The rest, actual interaction and debate. Just not very much of it.

It's the stuff that doesn't debunk itself that is interesting to think about and talk about though...

• Like 1

There is no such thing as an obese entity. I think this picture is made up by using adobe or similar photo editing software.

What reason is there to think the OP has been photoshopped when a long exposure photo of someone in a dark room with a poor camera explains it equally well? People have a tendency to jump to conclusions of "fake!" when confronted with these kind of photos when a much simpler answer explains it better.