Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ashley Madison CEO Resigns

Dark_Grey

Toronto, ON, August 28 – Effective today, Noel Biderman, in mutual agreement with the company, is stepping down as Chief Executive Officer of Avid Life Media Inc. (ALM) and is no longer with the company. Until the appointment of a new CEO, the company will be led by the existing senior management team.

This change is in the best interest of the company and allows us to continue to provide support to our members and dedicated employees. We are steadfast in our commitment to our customer base.

We are actively adjusting to the attack on our business and members’ privacy by criminals. We will continue to provide access to our unique platforms for our worldwide members.

We are actively cooperating with international law enforcement in an effort to bring those responsible for the theft of proprietary member and business information to justice.

https://archive.is/5fmp9

He flapped his cape and turned into bats, never to be seen again :yes:

• Like 1

I thought it was hilarious that the cheaters were outed. Can't believe some of their spouses bought their stories. Who knows maybe some of them were cheating too since their spouse was.

People are stupid if they think their information is safe on the internet. Any place is vulnerable to being hacked. Don't know why this CO had to step down we never made Obama step down over it.

• Like 3

People are stupid if they think their information is safe on the internet. Any place is vulnerable to being hacked.

Apple celebrity nudes hack? Bitcoin Mt. Gox hack? Unless you're keeping all of your personal data on a removeable drive at home, NEVER assume it's safe. If a tech giant like Apple can get hacked...

• Like 2

Why the heck are law enforcement agencies all over the world getting so intense about catching the hackers who exposed the cheaters?

Is it because quite a few people in high positions (both in those law enforcement agencies and other organisations and governments) are probably named and shamed in the leak?

Okay, there are people who used the cheater site while not in a relationship themselves, but were they worried if a person they hooked up with was in a relationship?

I have no problem with couples who have an open-type relationship, provided it is mutual and consensual. When one person decides to engage in sexual relationships with other people who are not their partner and without the knowledge or consent of that partner they have committed to, however, that amounts to betrayal and I have no sympathy for betrayers.

• Like 3

Is it because quite a few people in high positions (both in those law enforcement agencies and other organisations and governments) are probably named and shamed in the leak?

Bingo. Imagine the collective money that can be pooled by all the CEO's and investors who are terrified of being blackmailed...

Unfortunately for them, the databases have been copied and re-copied countless times - we've had 2 known suicides so far, one being a sheriff. The next few months will be quite interesting...

• Like 1

Bingo. Imagine the collective money that can be pooled by all the CEO's and investors who are terrified of being blackmailed...

Unfortunately for them, the databases have been copied and re-copied countless times - we've had 2 known suicides so far, one being a sheriff. The next few months will be quite interesting...

Personally, I don't give a damn if the people named in the database do get blackmailed. It won't be any less than they deserve.

• Like 3

Apple celebrity nudes hack? Bitcoin Mt. Gox hack? Unless you're keeping all of your personal data on a removeable drive at home, NEVER assume it's safe. If a tech giant like Apple can get hacked...

I'm thinking about getting me a computer that is not even hooked up to the internet for personal information like passwords, pictures and the like.
  • Like 1

Personally, I don't give a damn if the people named in the database do get blackmailed. It won't be any less than they deserve.

Ohhhhh I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Why the heck are law enforcement agencies all over the world getting so intense about catching the hackers who exposed the cheaters?

Okay, there are people who used the cheater site while not in a relationship themselves, but were they worried if a person they hooked up with was in a relationship?

I have no problem with couples who have an open-type relationship, provided it is mutual and consensual. When one person decides to engage in sexual relationships with other people who are not their partner and without the knowledge or consent of that partner they have committed to, however, that amounts to betrayal and I have no sympathy for betrayers.

Like Joe Bidens son but his wife believes he's innocent. Sticks head in sand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3210296/Wasn-t-VP-s-son-Hunter-Biden-says-Ashley-Madison-account-registered-email-address-NOT-work-trying-discredit-him.html

I don't feel sorry for any of them.

• Like 1

If there is a lot of blackmailing going on it will be the makings of fun on here. We can poke fun and discuss it to death.

• Like 1

Like Joe Bidens son but his wife believes he's innocent. Sticks head in sand.

http://www.dailymail...credit-him.html

I don't feel sorry for any of them.

I'm willing to bet what "Hunter" Biden's wife said in public does not remotely resemble what she said in private.

• Like 2

It's no secret that Ashley Madison has fake female profiles to engage users -- heck, it's even noted in the ToS that the website "is geared to provide you with amusement and entertainment." When its user data was leaked to the public, though, people got a chance to see just how many women there are on the website exactly, and how many of them are definitely fake. Gizmodo editor-in-chief Annalee Newitz took a closer look at the data dump in an effort to determine the site's female population and found that barely any of the 5.5 million profiles marked as "female" actually used the website.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/27/ashley-madison-barely-has-female-users/

• Like 1

It's no secret that Ashley Madison has fake female profiles to engage users -- heck, it's even noted in the ToS that the website "is geared to provide you with amusement and entertainment." When its user data was leaked to the public, though, people got a chance to see just how many women there are on the website exactly, and how many of them are definitely fake. Gizmodo editor-in-chief Annalee Newitz took a closer look at the data dump in an effort to determine the site's female population and found that barely any of the 5.5 million profiles marked as "female" actually used the website.

http://www.engadget....s-female-users/

Not sure if that matters, though. As long as spouses feel betrayed, the backlash will be just as real. Besides, it's all about the intention to cheat - none of the guys who signed up knew about the female bots but they did sign up believing they were going to meet real women. If you rob a bank but find the safe empty, aren't you still guilty of attempted robbery?

Also, how has this site gained so many members if none of these guys ever met a woman through it? Wouldn't the word get out the first week?

• Like 2

Also, how has this site gained so many members if none of these guys ever met a woman through it? Wouldn't the word get out the first week?

good question,

Newitz examined several factors to get to that conclusion. First, she checked email addresses and found around 10,000 accounts that use the ashleymadison.com domain, which is a sure sign that they're fake. Next, she discovered that 68,709 female profiles were created from a single IP: 127.0.0.1. That means they were created from a "home" computer located within the company's HQ. She also found out that the most common surname on the website for women is an unusual one identical to an ex-employee's.

What truly convinced Newitz, though, is a data field marked "mail_last_time." It shows a time stamp of the last time a member has checked his/her inbox, and she found that only 1,492 women ever checked theirs.

Here's the silver lining, if you're a user: 12,108 deleted accounts belonged to women, and since people have to pay to get themselves deleted, it indicates that real women (or those pretending to be one, anyway) used the site at one point.

not only guys got exposed as cheaters, they were also scammed. lol, poor sob's

and i especially like "egyptian buissnes model" pay $5 to get on the camel, pay $20 to get off, lol

Edited by aztek

Am I the only one that thinks the entire thing is disgusting? Not only have these hackers released personal information, after blackmailing a company, but the media becomes complicit with it and finds all kinds of joy publishing this illegally obtained information. Regardless of the intention of the clients, this is personal, private information that was illegally obtained.

I understand that these (mostly men) were cheating, but is that really any of our business? Maybe they had a deal struck with their partner. Regardless, it's no different than a thief stealing personal information from your home and then having everyone clamor to find it out.

Imagine if I went into your medicine cabinet and told everyone you knew your secrets. Why is there no outrage at the media and the hackers?

• Like 1

Meh, with Ashley Madison, it seems to be a case of A*hole Victim. Sure, it's probably morally wrong, but I'm not a saint. :devil:

However, considering that these hackers are likely the same deplorable 4channers who dox anyone they disagree with in an attempt to threaten those people into silence (see: Anita Sarkeesian, Rebecca Watson, etc.), I see your point.

On the other hand, we have an Anonymous hacker who illegally obtained information that was covered up by prosecutors and was later used to convict two rapists who would otherwise have walked (see: Steubenville).

I find it disappointing we have 10x more coverage on this nonesense than we do on NSA surveillance which is also illegally obtained personal information. You think there aren't 20 somethings in the Utah HQ going over ex gf nudes or saving anything that tickles their fancy? According to Snowden, that's exactly where your personal content ends up. Why are we so complacent about it? Selective outrage?

• Like 2

Am I the only one that thinks the entire thing is disgusting? Not only have these hackers released personal information, after blackmailing a company, but the media becomes complicit with it and finds all kinds of joy publishing this illegally obtained information. Regardless of the intention of the clients, this is personal, private information that was illegally obtained.

I understand that these (mostly men) were cheating, but is that really any of our business? Maybe they had a deal struck with their partner. Regardless, it's no different than a thief stealing personal information from your home and then having everyone clamor to find it out.

Imagine if I went into your medicine cabinet and told everyone you knew your secrets. Why is there no outrage at the media and the hackers?

I tend to agree with you here.
  • Like 1

http://www.engadget....s-female-users/

Isn't that true with some of the dating sites for singles too.
  • Like 1

Not sure if that matters, though. As long as spouses feel betrayed, the backlash will be just as real. Besides, it's all about the intention to cheat - none of the guys who signed up knew about the female bots but they did sign up believing they were going to meet real women. If you rob a bank but find the safe empty, aren't you still guilty of attempted robbery?

If your trying to cheat your not about to broadcast you failed around.

True all you have to feel is betrayed and see them as untrustworthy.

• Like 1