Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

European migrant crisis:

bubblykiss

(CNN)Europe is in the midst of an unprecedented human migration. Fleeing war, fearing for their life and dreaming of a better life far from the poverty and upheaval of their unstable nations, hundreds of thousands are flocking to Europe's shores. The migrants and refugees risk their lives in rickety boats and cramped lorry containers -- only to be greeted by governments that can't agree on how, or if, to welcome them.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/04/europe/migrant-crisis-country-by-country/index.html

Well now. This is happening.

Sadly the course they are taking is similar to the tract of the first crusade.

It p***es (displeases) me off that my country isn't doing more to settle them.

• Like 1

Hmmm the risk they take is phenomenal. It would have been even better if they stayed back in their country and fought their wars and made it better for their kids.

• Like 2

Hmmm the risk they take is phenomenal. It would have been even better if they stayed back in their country and fought their wars and made it better for their kids.

By saying this, of course your family has stayed in one location since time immemorial?

As much as i sympathise with the plight of the refugees, accepting this mass emigration is nothing more than rewarding Islamic State and their backers (notably Turkey and Saudi Arabia) with demographic victory in Syria and Iraq.

• Like 2

I read in an article a few weeks ago that the male-to-female ratio of illegal immigrants from Syria are roughly ~54%-46%, and the ratio from nearly every other country is ~88%-12%. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but if it is even roughly accurate that means only the Syrians could be called refugees since they're fleeing with entire famlies. Almost everyone else is just men seeking to take advantage of European policies.

• Like 5

It p***es (displeases) me off that my country isn't doing more to settle them.

It's an admirable sentiment you express, Likely. I'm not being facetious. I imagine that in the coming days more western governments will be increasing their immigration quotas to help with the mass migration of these poor souls from the hell they are experiencing. You can imagine the chaos that might ensue if the procedures were thrown to the wind and the gates were just opened. What would keep hundreds of ISIS sympathizers from settling in Canada? Such groups are going to become a real headache in the coming years. Meanwhile, why not sponsor a family yourself? If it's within your financial ability that is. Or get a group at work to commit to doing as much.
  • Like 2

By saying this, of course your family has stayed in one location since time immemorial?

Yup we have never ran away from our nation and our nation has gone through lot of **** wars , famine , political unrest , religious riots , general riots , period of economic turmoil etc etc .

• Like 3

I read in an article a few weeks ago that the male-to-female ratio of illegal immigrants from Syria are roughly ~54%-46%, and the ratio from nearly every other country is ~88%-12%. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but if it is even roughly accurate that means only the Syrians could be called refugees since they're fleeing with entire famlies. Almost everyone else is just men seeking to take advantage of European policies.

Not quite Syrians can be called refugees because they are fleeing from a conflict that potentially could inflict harm on them. We have to see that also people from safe but underdeveloped areas are jumping on the bandwagon, they are just making it harder for the real refugees and as soon as emigration has checked their cases they will be send back to their countries.

• Like 1

It's an admirable sentiment you express, Likely. I'm not being facetious. I imagine that in the coming days more western governments will be increasing their immigration quotas to help with the mass migration of these poor souls from the hell they are experiencing. You can imagine the chaos that might ensue if the procedures were thrown to the wind and the gates were just opened. What would keep hundreds of ISIS sympathizers from settling in Canada? Such groups are going to become a real headache in the coming years. Meanwhile, why not sponsor a family yourself? If it's within your financial ability that is. Or get a group at work to commit to doing as much.

Well, if they handle it like the Germans did the pre-reunification there is a considerable economic boom that could ensue from the tragedy... both for the countries taking them in as for the refugees.

• Like 1

just to point out, the Syrian figures. the ratio you posted is right, but those figures are from the UN refugee camps in neighbouring Syria. the figures for those crossing into Europe is yet again overwhelmingly young men.

The March to Austria/Germany. count the women and Children.

hungary_refugees_migration_crisis.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

5184.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Point them all towards Germany. If i was the Hungarian Premier i'd be laying on Trains. Buses any transport to get as many of the migrants to Austria/Germany as quickly as possible, Flood Germany. they are better off in Germany/Austria anyway. plus Merkel has spoken. that all who make it will be given Asylum. very kind. But once the Germans get fed up don't be fooled by the calls from within Germany that other European countries need to do more. No. Germany will not dictate foreign policy of others. IF Germany wants to accept unlimited numbers of migrants than that's up to Germany and her Tax payers. but please don't call for others to do the same when you get overwhelmed.

The British Government is now spending £1BILLION in Aid for Syria. We couldn't give our NHS nurse a 1% payrise (£700million) But we happily pay £1Billion to Syria or £11.7Billion in aid a year around the world. So when someone next says, Britain has a moral obligation. tell them how we sacrifice cuts here at home while maintaining our Aid Budget.

• Like 3

just to point out, the Syrian figures. the ratio you posted is right, but those figures are from the UN refugee camps in neighbouring Syria. the figures for those crossing into Europe is yet again overwhelmingly young men.

The March to Austria/Germany. count the women and Children.

hungary_refugees_migration_crisis.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

Yes - it looks like survival of the fittest in action - mainly fit, strong - alpha males - - - ?

• Like 1

Yes - it looks like survival of the fittest in action - mainly fit, strong - alpha males - - - ?

All people need to do is watch the News reports and put the sound on 'mute' While the reporter is carrying out their well scripted lines. The voice over is talking about Families, women and Children yet the pictures are showing Young men all pushing and fighting trying to get on the train. the small number of women and children are left by the wayside. Just look at the video of the "march to Germany" down the motorway. the majority of Young fit men wearing designer gear, when they stop for a break their smart phones come out. - but back to the walking, you see the fit men walking at speed past women who are struggling, exhausted carrying their baggage or pushing a pram.

A friend of a friend has just come back from Greece Island of Kos where the migrants are landing from Turkey, he reports back all the shops on the seafront in Turkey are selling life jackets. and inflatables - So the shop owners are making a good deal of money out of the crisis, but it didnt occur to me - but when you watch news clips, its true they all have life jackets on.

Something else which is receiving very little coverage is the fact the Eastern European Countries are not happy with accepting a quota system. Hungary is leading the pack who are against mass migration. - Poor Slovakia come under attack for suggesting if they are to take Refugees, they'll only take Christians. The BBC just about held itself back from calling them "racist" even though Religion isn't a race.

This is a parody of how the Media use images of Women and Children in the current crisis. represented by the Teddy bear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ2bvR3BT_g

Just watch what happens in Germany once they start feeling the deluge of people, people mark my words, they'll start handing out EU passports like Sweets, a "fast track" system. at this point all bets are off as these migrants now armed with a German passport will be able to travel wherever they please in the EU. no more hiding under a lorry or train. jumping fences. no they'll simply purchase a ticket. and once here our health service, benefit system will be open for all and sundry. No? That is why the UK government needs to start preparation to prevent this from happening now so were ready.

Overreaction i think not, its about numbers and resources. there is not enough jobs, houses or infrastructure to permit 600,000 (gross- pa) Migrants to the UK. The BBC run a piece how the UK should accept 250,000 refugees and then the very next piece they run was how the UK has a 3Million shortage in homes. and the country cannot afford to build the required homes needed via public or private means. - i just scratched my head and thought how can they be calling for a massive influx of refugees but then report a housing crisis. in the same breath - its bonkers.

When are going to get a leader, to actually lead the country.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

Damn, evil me just whispered in the corner of my head: If you want to enter, leave the balls on the border...
  • Like 1

Damn, evil me just whispered in the corner of my head: If you want to enter, leave the balls on the border...

I'm not sure what you mean?

Do you mean they should pretend to be weak and vulnerable -

Thing is - they don't have to - they know they have Europe at their mercy and this is what makes them bold -

Just watch what happens in Germany once they start feeling the deluge of people, people mark my words, they'll start handing out EU passports like Sweets, a "fast track" system. at this point all bets are off as these migrants now armed with a German passport will be able to travel wherever they please in the EU. no more hiding under a lorry or train. jumping fences. no they'll simply purchase a ticket. and once here our health service, benefit system will be open for all and sundry. No? That is why the UK government needs to start preparation to prevent this from happening now so were ready.

your whole post was good, Steve - just picked out this bit because ....of course....this is how Germany will

make sure that all of Europe will be forced to take their ....''''quota''''.....and must be why they said they

would let them all in ...because they know that once they have their EU passports many will just move on....

and the fit young migrants know this too and that is why they are going crazy to get to Germany no matter what...?

???

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you mean?

Do you mean they should pretend to be weak and vulnerable -

Thing is - they don't have to - they know they have Europe at their mercy and this is what makes them bold -

I meant balls literally. Simple (and fully voluntary) surgical intervention... Earth is overcrowded, after all...

Thats my evil side talking

I meant balls literally. Simple (and fully voluntary) surgical intervention... Earth is overcrowded, after all...

Thats my evil side talking

:o

:huh:

:D

don't think those fit young alpha males would be into that

Yup we have never ran away from our nation and our nation has gone through lot of **** wars , famine , political unrest , religious riots , general riots , period of economic turmoil etc etc .

Ultimately it's the only real solution to this problem. The evil that is causing this flight from these countries is something they will take with them to their new homes. When the host countries cannot provide them with the things they want, the dissatisfaction eventually becomes anger and the cycle leads to militancy again. Having mercy on these desperate souls is the right thing to do as a short term solution but it will not "fix" this problem. We would do better to help them stand and fight the evil they are having to flee. Edited by and then
  • Like 2

This is a parody of how the Media use images of Women and Children in the current crisis. represented by the Teddy bear.

ahhhh the teddy bear - :) - I straight away thought of the schoolgirl Jihadi Brides - that supposedly ran away

to join Islamic State and their '''''poor father'''' posed with that ridiculous big teddy bear -

you could see that he was taking the pss and play acting - I said at the time to a friend that I wouldn't

be surprised if he sold those girls to the IS ....then it turned out that he was well into militant Islam -

surprise surprise ...... :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail...-Choudary.html.

but I digress...although the 'teddy bear father' should serve as an example that there are some very crafty

characters around who are pretending to be something they're not - and this could also apply to muslim migrants

pretending to be refugees - but really they have another agenda - and then the real refugees miss out - so it's

a good job that Cameron is saying that the refugees Britain takes in will be from camps near to Syria because

they will probably be the real ones - that are too weak or sick or poor to go very far at all -

• Like 3

All people need to do is watch the News reports and put the sound on 'mute' While the reporter is carrying out their well scripted lines. The voice over is talking about Families, women and Children yet the pictures are showing Young men all pushing and fighting trying to get on the train. the small number of women and children are left by the wayside. Just look at the video of the "march to Germany" down the motorway. the majority of Young fit men wearing designer gear, when they stop for a break their smart phones come out. - but back to the walking, you see the fit men walking at speed past women who are struggling, exhausted carrying their baggage or pushing a pram.

A friend of a friend has just come back from Greece Island of Kos where the migrants are landing from Turkey, he reports back all the shops on the seafront in Turkey are selling life jackets. and inflatables - So the shop owners are making a good deal of money out of the crisis, but it didnt occur to me - but when you watch news clips, its true they all have life jackets on.

Something else which is receiving very little coverage is the fact the Eastern European Countries are not happy with accepting a quota system. Hungary is leading the pack who are against mass migration. - Poor Slovakia come under attack for suggesting if they are to take Refugees, they'll only take Christians. The BBC just about held itself back from calling them "racist" even though Religion isn't a race.

Overreaction i think not, its about numbers and resources. there is not enough jobs, houses or infrastructure to permit 600,000 (gross- pa) Migrants to the UK. The BBC run a piece how the UK should accept 250,000 refugees and then the very next piece they run was how the UK has a 3Million shortage in homes. and the country cannot afford to build the required homes needed via public or private means. - i just scratched my head and thought how can they be calling for a massive influx of refugees but then report a housing crisis. in the same breath - its bonkers.

When are going to get a leader, to actually lead the country.

Ahh, Damien Day ... Been a long time since that.