Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Should Healthcare be Free For All?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#16    about

about

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:37 AM

original.gif  Ready and willing!

Final Body Post

As long as its free for CITIZENS of that country then Im satisfied. IF you get f***ed up in another country? You had better have a good insurance policy back home.

Fellow anarchist, don't work yourself up tongue.gif! I completely agree with you, but it's true. It's happened before, except in a different way. Back here in the UK theres a bug going around the hospitals called the MRSA bug, and people from Britain are actually flying over to other countries to get healthcare instead of in the UK, so theres no risk of them catching the deadly bug. Theres a good chance it'd be the same with people from undeveloped countries. The healthcare there may be bad and expensive where they live and maybe one day they'd say "Hey, look at that country, it's go free healthcare! Let's go there!"

I've said it I think 4 times now, Doctors are always going to accept up front cash over the governments money. If you can afford it in the first place than your not going to be waiting for it.

That's true (obviously). You've got a good point there. But only if you can afford it. Then it isn't really free healthcare is it? What I mean is free healthcare would cause alot more problems than it solves, if you get what I mean.

If I pay 5 dollars to get into a dance, with "free" food then is the food still not free? Would you rather pay an extra 40$ a year in taxes, or 20 grand when you have a car wreck?

Lol, comparing hospital fee's to a dance? Sorry, but I'm just gonna have to use my signature slang, ROFLMFAOMFG!!! Ok, umm, sorry, I got carried away blush.gif  but anyways, of course people would pay 40$ in taxes a year, rather than 20k. But this doesn't make it free. You've got to tell me some more advantages of free healthcare.

Im argueing the Logic for free health care, not where it will and will not work.

Just as I'm arguing where it won't work.  grin2.gif

The U.S.A has no free healthcare policy, and all our benefits are flying out the window to. Lets not get into that.

I await your response my friend.

Yep. Don't wanna know what political things are happening in the US (I know enough!).

Oh, and I also await your response meh friend  grin2.gif

Good luck!

#17    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:07 PM

We're waiting for Novo's Conclusion Post now. thumbsup.gif Thanks to Galor for pointing that out.
And Galor, Novo's a 'He'. original.gif

Edited by BurnSide, 09 February 2005 - 04:27 PM.

#18    Bex

Bex

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

• Texas Wildflower

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:34 PM

Sorry pisces, formal debates are only for the debaters to post in. Any other posts will be removed because they interfere with the formal debate.

Edited by BurnSide, 08 February 2005 - 08:42 PM.

#19    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:08 PM

Fellow anarchist, don't work yourself up tongue.gif! I completely agree with you, but it's true. It's happened before, except in a different way. Back here in the UK theres a bug going around the hospitals called the MRSA bug, and people from Britain are actually flying over to other countries to get healthcare instead of in the UK

What Im debating for is free healthcare, So why not make laws that make it available only to the citizens of that country?

That's true (obviously). You've got a good point there. But only if you can afford it. Then it isn't really free healthcare is it?

If I had a tumor for example, My family could not afford the medical costs to have it removed. Now aside from charity donations we would basically be screwed. If I was rich, then we could afford the operation. Now if the united states of America had free healthcare, then I might have to wait for the operation. But at least I would be able to have it.

What I mean is free healthcare would cause alot more problems than it solves, if you get what I mean.

It would save lives, to me you cant put a price on such things.

If you can wholeheartedly disconnect yourself from people of a lower Economic Stature then yourself, then be my guest. Leave them to die, and of course suffer miserablly.(Im not at all directing this torwards you by the way, just using it for the sake of argument). Now, I know some people reading this (like joc for example) are firm supporters of poor people being lazy bumbs. And I will say this much-My father works 14 hours a day, 5 days a week. My stepmom works 5 days a week 12 hours a day. There currently "raising" 2 6 year old girls. The only reason, that these girls are alive right now is because my mother(who by the way has not even spoke to my father in years) sent money for there extended hospital stays upon there premature birth. You get rich, through luck. Hard work does have ties to it, but its not always that way. I know plenty of people far above the intelligence of there bosses. Everyone is entitled to a life, free of pain. Regardless of how they choose to live.

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#20    about

about

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:04 PM

Rebuttle

The point is that free healthcare would cause more problems than it solves. Like you said, you can't put a price on life. What your trying to get across is that people who can't afford healthcare will, even though having to wait a long time, eventually get healthcare. But think. Free healthcare would be bad. I doubt that'd be enough to remove a tumor. And also it would cost the government a lot of money.

Pretty much,  what I'm trying to say is that it's better to have good healthcare for a bit of money, than bad healthcare for free. And for those who can't afford it? In todays world, taxes count as paying for it so they'd be able to get free healthcare! And as for third world countries? I thought we weren't talking about them... original.gif But anyways, in third world countries charities such as Unicef would provide free healthcare.

Good debate original.gif

#21    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:48 PM

Thank you both for the great, successful debate!

Now it's over to our debate judges for the scores. thumbsup.gif

#22    Subtemperate

Subtemperate

Sub-b-wonderful

• 9,966 posts

• I made a spelling mistake and sold my soul to santa.

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:48 PM

Debator 1: Novo
Relevancy:8
Countering:6
Style:7
Persuasiveness:6
Total:27

Debator 2: Galor
Style:8
Persuasiveness:6
Total:28

"Not only do I not know the answer, I don't even know what the question is" - Metallica

Posted Image

#23    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:04 AM

Countering:5
Persuasiveness:8

Persuasiveness:7

well done guys thumbsup.gif

#24    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:23 AM

Countering:7
Total: 29

#25    Disinterested

Disinterested

Government Agent

• 3,740 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:31 PM

The results are in!

Novo finishes with an average score of 27.
Galor finishes with an average of 28, making him the winner.

Congrats to both of you on an excellent debate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users