Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lorry driver spots "spooky" figure

Anomalocaris

A lorry driver claims to have caught the ghost of a drowned man wandering into a tunnel during rush hour.

Stephen Smyth was taking pictures as he travelled through Cork, Ireland, with colleague George Furst.

But, after checking one of the photographs, the duo spotted what they believe could be ghostly figure.

arrow3.gifRead more

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 2

It looks good, but also photo shopped.

Can imagine its a cyclist or motorcyclist with a satchel strap across his back.

• Like 1

He looks a bit like a butler to me, possibly from the Downton Abbey period, as if he has left a nearby manor house and gone for a walk and drowned in the river.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3257356/Is-ghost-drowned-man-Lorry-driver-spots-spooky-figure-running-tunnel-Ireland.html#ixzz3nQVz2mX9

Got to laugh at that! why not just add the rest of the story, his name was Murphy and he had just murdered his wife and then drank himself silly and then went for a stagger in his lookalike sort of trench coat, tried to catch a fish, then drowned.

There are reflections all over his windscreen......but that one happens to be a drowned man?

I see a lot of other cars that don't seem to be reacting. I don't see a shadow behind the "ghost", which I believe should be there, if the car next to him has a shadow. Not sure if it could be a reflection of the driver off the windshield, but that would be my first guess. The pixelation doesn't help matters. I'm personally filing this one as "inconclusive until further notice--unlikely to be a ghost."

Edited by theotherguy

Not sure if it could be a reflection of the driver off the windshield, but that would be my first guess.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Definatley passenger side and its not his seat bet, bit if the sun visors were down and if there was anything tucked into them but sticking out, it would cause an irregular shape of light on his clothes and reflecting onto the window.

You can see another reflection under the "stay in lane" sign, appears to be a high vis vest but you can also see another stripe under the kerb mirror on the left hand side, these appear faint as its not in direct line of sight to the camera, whatever it is that's causing a fuss wpuld be in a direct reflected line to the camera.

I'm betting if he has reflective stripes on his pants or work top, I have them on my work pants, if caught at the right angle with sunlight and crumpled up enough, could look like this.

• Like 2

looks to me someone threw an old jacket out of the car window.

• Like 1

Why do you folks call it a Lorry?

i think while driving down the road in a large lorry (yep, see, i'm getting the lingo down) you should be keeping eyes on the road and hands off the phone.

Call me crazy, i just like to stay alive.

I see a lot of other cars that don't seem to be reacting. I don't see a shadow behind the "ghost", which I believe should be there, if the car next to him has a shadow. Not sure if it could be a reflection of the driver off the windshield, but that would be my first guess. The pixelation doesn't help matters. I'm personally filing this one as "inconclusive until further notice--unlikely to be a ghost."

Do ghosts cast shadows?

Probably an asylum seeker!

Do ghosts cast shadows?

I dunno. Just something I noticed. Some stories have them appearing just like flesh and blood, so I imagine those would, if they were in fact ghosts. Either way, no shadow where the "ghost" is = no physical presence where the ghost is, in my mind. A non-physical presence? Probably not.

Why do you folks call it a Lorry?

i think while driving down the road in a large lorry (yep, see, i'm getting the lingo down) you should be keeping eyes on the road and hands off the phone.

Truck in the UK is also a lorry, but for many years refered to a railway truck.

As for driving down the road messing with a phone, how very dare you sir!

We have our steering wheels on the correct side of the vehicle and its clearly the passenger who is playing with his telephone.

• Like 1

Looks like the annoying reflection I get when I leave something on the dashboard and like it is not the only reflection either.

• Like 1

Truck in the UK is also a lorry, but for many years refered to a railway truck.

As for driving down the road messing with a phone, how very dare you sir!

We have our steering wheels on the correct side of the vehicle and its clearly the passenger who is playing with his telephone.

Oh yeah, i forget how things were backwards there.

Thanks, mate.

Still not a ghost.

:lol:

.... Not sure if it could be a reflection of the driver off the windshield, but that would be my first guess.

You beat me to it. That was my instant thought. There are reflections off the windscreen all over the place which makes it the most likely answer.

It looks like it could be some garbage in the road. I have seen a large plastic bag infront of me while driving that suddenly popped up from a gust of wind for a brief moment my brain yelled I am going to hit some body before reason kicked in and said duh plastic.

Agreed that anything can in fact be manipulated with graphic programs. EXIF data can be reintroduced into any image. We must keep in mind that evidence is subjective and with the plethora of so called proof it's commonly numbing. I've had several occasions where auditory messages indicate they are not radio frequency interference. I've studied, observed and had interesting results. There are plenty of skeptics here willing and able to satisfy their belief system entirely through the readings of online studies but that doesn't occur in all cases to be truth. I agree that many so called cases are nothing more misinterpretation.

I'm not here to prove that some occurrences are worthy of more discovery and never will. In fact, there are plenty of I WON"T respond because to their discovery exists entirely on research obtained by other individual instead of spending the time to actually investigate themselves.

Edited by evp

I love Ireland and I would LOVE to know more about this ghost story! A man who drowned nearby? opps not Ireland

Edited by lorimommy3

Basically, we should all give up posting pictures on UM.

Everything can be faked.

I don't think this was faked at all. I just think it's a reflection in his windscreen.

• Like 1

I don't think this was faked at all. I just think it's a reflection in his windscreen.

Exactly what I think too. It is reflections on the windscreen and someone has made it into a story. That's been done throughout history only now there are a lot more props to work with. :tu: