Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Great Flood

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16    atrueoriginall

atrueoriginall

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 05:47 AM

I know what you are saying.  I have firm beliefs.  This post threw most for a loop though after reading other things I've posted to the contrary of this one.  Keep em guessing.

#17    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE(Insight @ Dec 10 2004, 04:30 PM)
Everyone here expects the verses of the Bible to be almost a diary of the exact time described. Many of the events were not recored until long after the fact. Even I know this.

View Post

Then how could they possibly be in any way accurate? I know you're not saying this...but a few hundred years of Chinese Whispers can't be taken seriously...

#18    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:11 PM

Heres a thread u mite find interestingilgamesh

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#19    atrueoriginall

atrueoriginall

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(wunarmdscissor @ Dec 12 2004, 07:11 AM)
Heres a thread u mite find interestingilgamesh

View Post

Such "wave-of-advance" population movements (Sokal, Oden et al., 1991) could have been induced by the permanent expulsion of inhabitants which had adapted to the natural resources of the formerly-emerged Black Sea

Fig. 5. Reconstructed levels in the Mediterranean “M” and Black Seas “B“, and their connections/isolations via the SOÇ-Dardanelles and SOI-Bosporus sill “S“. On the left is a portrayal of the gradual inflow model (Degens and Ross, 1972; Deuser, 1972; Deuser, 1974) in which the first connection was made at (9,000 calendar year BP)

Goes without saying, but above written and scientifically proven by modern day scientists.

#20    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:00 AM

one thing im interested in is the supposed link between the annunaki and the sumerians and how the sumerians created an almost perfect model of the solar system inc, the sumerians home planet nibru or whatever it was called , which has an elliptical orbit.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#21    Mysteryman

Mysteryman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

• Dinosaurs were created before man. But then it is said that animals were created after Adam & Eve. That is the contrary of religion and science.

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:24 AM

Some really good sites based on Enuma Elish, The Epic of Gilgamesh, The sacred texts, and many codes...

http://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/enuma.htm

http://www.cresourcei.org/enumaelish.html

http://www.mindspring.com/~mysticgryphon/enuma.htm

http://www.csun.edu/~hcfll004/enuma.html

http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~humm/Resources/Ane/enumaA.html

http://www.piney.com/Enuma.html

What makes up our planets curiosity, is what makes up the unexplained-mysteries of our planet, Earth.

Posted Image

#22    WonderWoman

WonderWoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• Nothing Important Happened Today

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:36 PM

Hello Everyone,

On the subject of the 'Flood' and Noah's Ark, I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the flood was NOT confined to Noah's region only, if you consider flood myths all over the world. Noah's name changes, but the details remain the same. Also, consider the flooding (or sinking) of Atlantis, the freezing of Antarctica, and the great ice age which all could very well coincide with ONE event. One catastrophe. The great flood could have been an effect of A) An island sinking (possibly Atlantis), cool.gif the shifting of the Earths crust (that sent Antarctica into colder regions when infact NORTH AMERICA was once FROZEN while Antarctica was a lush green land). It also ties in with the fact that on the Egytian records, the first 22 or 32 Pharoahs are not written down. Noone knows who they were because the history between then was lost, and it was also about the time that Teotihuacan was abandoned.
I just think ONE cataclysm sent a domino effect throughout the world and if that is the case then it would mean that the flood was perhaps a global phenomena.
Just a thought.
I would like to here other conclusions.

WW

#23    Mysteryman

Mysteryman

Psychic Spy

• 1,868 posts

• Dinosaurs were created before man. But then it is said that animals were created after Adam & Eve. That is the contrary of religion and science.

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:39 PM

I really like that view and I think its a great possibility...But its a phenomena and the truth is, we might never found out. (hopefully we do)

What makes up our planets curiosity, is what makes up the unexplained-mysteries of our planet, Earth.

Posted Image

#24    atrueoriginall

atrueoriginall

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(Mysteryman @ Dec 14 2004, 09:39 AM)
I really like that view and I think its a great possibility...But its a phenomena and the truth is, we might never found out. (hopefully we do)

View Post

I realized when reading this post that I should have put the complete abstract in, instead of pieces from two paragraphs because I left important information out in doing so.  

http://ocean-ridge.ldeo.columbia.edu/Black...ackSeaText.html

Abstract
At this time (7,550 calendar years BP), farming, which had already been established in Greece, Bulgaria, Romania and along the coast of the Marmara Sea (Özdagan, 1983; van Andel and Runnels, 1995), spread rapidly inland along the major river valleys of southeastern Europe (Greg, 1988; Hodder, 1990). The light plow and simple irrigation appear abruptly in the Transcaucasus (Glumac and Anthony, 1991). Such "wave-of-advance" population movements (Sokal, Oden et al., 1991) could have been induced by the permanent expulsion of inhabitants which had adapted to the natural resources of the formerly-emerged Black Sea peripherynamely, its arable loess, alluvial soil, and the moist loam of the freshly exposed bed of its shrinking shoreline.

Fig. 5. Reconstructed levels in the Mediterranean “M” and Black Seas “B“, and their connections/isolations via the SOÇ-Dardanelles and SOI-Bosporus sill “S“. On the left is a portrayal of the gradual inflow model (Degens and Ross, 1972; Deuser, 1972; Deuser, 1974) in which the first connection was made at (9,000 calendar year BP). The depth of the strait deepened slowly as global eustatic sea level continued to rise, leading to an acceleration in the strengthening of the Black Sea's salinity. On the right is our catastrophic flood model in which the Mediterranean broke through a barrier in the inlet at (7,150 calendar year BP) and rapidly flooded a partly evaporated freshwater lake. Here increase in the Black Sea's salinity is shown to have been initially abrupt and then to have later decelerated.

Go to the site and see more.

#25    beowulf

beowulf

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:58 PM

Wow Wonderwoman, you managed to tie in about 100 million years to the great flood.  Antartica started it's migration to it present postition with the breakup of Gowonland and very slowly migrated to it present position.  Then you bring up pre-dynastic Egypt (of Scorpion King fame) which was well before writing, you attempt to link the Olmecs and Teotihuacan to all of that, even tho they were nearly 2000 years later.  Admittedly we have few records from predynastic Egypt, put from the period that Xians say the Flood took place we have copious uninterrupted documents and records.  Tho many cultures have flood stories, they very seldom remotely resemble the one in the bible, those that do are from related semite cultures! sleepy.gif

#26    Mysteryman

Mysteryman

Psychic Spy

• 1,868 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 06:23 PM

Wasn't their an expedition based on Noah's Ark to find the remains of the ship...Anyone have any information about this because I can't find much about it. I remember my father not that long ago said that a group of people who were specialized in the subject had a search based on the documents from and about Noah's Ark. But the age from the time of place the story took place and now, wouldn't the wood be dust by now?

Posted Image

#27    xxsunshinegodxx

xxsunshinegodxx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

• Love many...trust few...and always paddle your own canoe!

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Mysteryman @ Dec 14 2004, 07:23 PM)
Wasn't their an expedition based on Noah's Ark to find the remains of the ship...Anyone have any information about this because I can't find much about it. I remember my father not that long ago said that a group of people who were specialized in the subject had a search based on the documents from and about Noah's Ark. But the age from the time of place the story took place and now, wouldn't the wood be dust by now?

View Post

If your ready for a major read then check this site out -Click Here - I'm not sure how accurate all of the information is but it seems very well documented. Certainly makes for a great read....better fill the kettle up before you click though!!  thumbsup.gif

"Seven blunders of the world that lead to violence... wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics without principle." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#28    Mysteryman

Mysteryman

Psychic Spy

• 1,868 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:14 PM

Printing it out now :-D thankyou...

Posted Image

#29    atrueoriginall

atrueoriginall

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Mysteryman @ Dec 14 2004, 12:14 PM)
Printing it out now :-D thankyou...

View Post

Naaaa, too many inconsistencies in respect to the “dates” and the “hows“.  Definitely worth going in and reading though.  Good stuff in there.  

I do believe the ET part though.  I always believe the ET parts.  They've shown intervention on this world many times around the time of great cataclysmic events.  I only wonder what event they are here for now.

#30    Mysteryman

Mysteryman

Psychic Spy

• 1,868 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:30 PM

It'll take me a pretty long time to read but its worth it though. Looks pretty interesting and detailed...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users