Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain Ensure SA Given Membership to UNHRC

ExpandMyMind

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/29/uk-and-saudi-arabia-in-secret-deal-over-human-rights-council-place

What a truly disgusting World we live in. (Sorry if this has been posted before).

• Like 2

The UNHCR has overtaken its previous incarnation - the Commission on Human Rights - as being the biggest embarressment to UN credibility in the world.

It is unlikely to exist for much longer.

• Like 3

The UNHCR has overtaken its previous incarnation - the Commission on Human Rights - as being the biggest embarressment to UN credibility in the world.

It is unlikely to exist for much longer.

Yes... I seem to remember that this group or some affliliate thereof named Israel the worst women's rights violator on the planet earlier this year.

Yes... I seem to remember that this group or some affliliate thereof named Israel the worst women's rights violator on the planet earlier this year.

At least they got something right.

At least they got something right.

:rolleyes:

the UN will probably make the Taliban head of the UN Education Department soon...

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

Indeed Bee. And perhaps ISIS could be put in charge of the UN Antiquities Protection commitee ? :whistle:

• Like 3

You recall correctly, And Then. I wonder if Saudi Arabia was on THAT committee as well ?

• Like 1

Please be upstanding - you may also, if you wish prostrate yourself or salute...

spot on with the 'surprise' bit....re subject of topic...... :w00t:

'Where all are brothers - no faceless others'

Excuse me a minute - I'm just popping out for a sex change - I don't want to be a faceless other :hmm:

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

No no... the UN greatly values the contribution that women make.

I mean, SOMEBODY has to clean all the teacups after the voting has finished ? :w00t:

<hides under table>

• Like 1

No no... the UN greatly values the contribution that women make.

I mean, SOMEBODY has to clean all the teacups after the voting has finished ? :w00t:

<hides under table>

I'm sorry but a new UN rule is coming out and we women will only be allowed in a 'women's area' -

and we don't have a sink there yet but a new kitchen is being added soon... :clap:

so disposable cups will have to be used until then...

• Like 2

I've never heard that U.N. hymn before and I have to say: WHAT A LOAD OF BO****KS!! The words are appalling, the music is appalling ..... dear, oh dear! What a MESS! :hmm:

• Like 1

I've never heard that U.N. hymn before and I have to say: WHAT A LOAD OF BO****KS!! The words are appalling, the music is appalling ..... dear, oh dear! What a MESS! :hmm:

to be fair it is the 'unofficial' UN hymn / anthem....but i agree with your opinion....

I was just looking to see if I could find an official one and stumbled on this that was only uploaded on 8th October..

two days ago..

artificial intelligence software...... :unsure2:

Published on Oct 8, 2015

Using Artificial Intelligence software, 194 National Anthems tunes are merged into this ‘United Nations (World) Anthem’. The National Anthems tunes of all 193 UN Members and Vatican/Holy See are blended into 1 tune.

anyway - see what you think...... :huh:...I think I prefer it to the other one..

• Like 1

^ ^ sorry, words fail me :hmm: Basically, the UN is flogging a dead horse beating_a_dead_horseemoticon.gif

• Like 1