Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Long, Strange History of the Pyramids as

ShadowSot

I'm a fan of this blog, and thought this was interesting. I like knowing the why behind odd beliefs, and Colavito tracks the origin of the idea of the pyramids as Joseph's granaries as much as possible.

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-long-strange-history-of-the-pyramids-as-the-granaries-of-joseph

• Like 2

I'm a fan of this blog, and thought this was interesting. I like knowing the why behind odd beliefs, and Colavito tracks the origin of the idea of the pyramids as Joseph's granaries as much as possible.

http://www.jasoncola...aries-of-joseph

From the link :

I guess we’re experiencing another outbreak of medievalism, but we can take heart that if it is true than the story was inspired by Jews and early Christians trying to syncretize their faiths with the glory of grain-giving Serapis in the Roman era of Egypt, then there is some irony in the pagan origin of Carson’s Christian extremist beliefs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I say --

Another outbreak of medevilism some person says in that link? I doubt that, sincerely . Most people including myself have never heard that story or theory or whatever it conveys to whomever about the pyramids - ever until he said it "Ben Carson". He's not the right person for the job period. Even before this thing he said .

Edited by Ellapennella

I remember hearing it when I was a kid at the Catholic Sunday school I went to and the Evangelical school I went to. No idea how common it is.

Considering that there was close to a million people in Egypt at the time, and going off the known rooms of the various pyramids, I'd think they'd be a very poor way to store grain/food. Just digging a cave into a rocky bluff would have been better and took thousands of times less work.

Many people have those theories of the pyramids not just Carson, it does` nt make him a bad guy But to me if the pyramids were grain storage or silos would`n there be some grain still stuck around in the shafts and in the cavities.?

Edited by docyabut2

There's another topic on here just the same really... now I don't know which one to post in... :huh:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=288144

Ben Carson (almost) agrees with A. Collins

Edited by The Puzzler

zxcvbnm,./ghjkl;'

The Egyptians knew how to build granaries and indeed I think at least one wooden model has been found in a tomb. Grain was stored in jars and pits as far back as neolithic times. Our ancestors were smart enough to have a grasp of what works in the world. Spending immense amounts of labor every year for twenty years to store a week's worth of grain, does not fall into the category of sensible. I do not think that believing the pyramids were granaries makes one a bad person, but it should eliminate such a one from managing the economy of a major world power or making any decision that requires logic or common sense..

• Like 3

There's another topic on here just the same really... now I don't know which one to post in... :huh:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=288144

Ben Carson (almost) agrees with A. Collins

Those are news articles about Carson's statements. This article is about the origin and developmebt of the idea. It's a pretty interesting read.

Considering that there was close to a million people in Egypt at the time, and going off the known rooms of the various pyramids, I'd think they'd be a very poor way to store grain/food. Just digging a cave into a rocky bluff would have been better and took thousands of times less work.

The Giza pyramids would've been ideal for grain storage—if they had about four dozen more chambers in them, and if those chambers were twice the size of what's actually inside those pyramids now. Oh, yeah, and if the pyramids had not been permanently sealed over 4,000 years ago.

Then there's also the fact that when these pyramids were built, the Hebrews didn't even exist. They would not exist for another 1,300 years.

And it's odd that hundreds upon hundreds of folks were buried around the pyramids, almost as though...it were an ancient cemetery. Do we store foodstuffs in our cemeteries?

The entire idea is nonsensical. Medieval Europeans can be forgiven for their intellectual limits in understanding a very distant and very foreign and extinct culture. Modern man cannot be so easily forgiven.

But I digress. As Tatetopa stated, the Egyptians knew how to store grain. Tatetopa is also correct that some tomb models from the Middle Kingdom show them. There is evidence for grain storage stretching back into late-prehistoric times. From the Old Kingdom onward, there is ample evidence at a myriad of sites for grain silos made from mud brick (generally only their circular footings survive).

So let's not revert to a Medieval mentality. Religion does not actually require us to do that.

• Like 4

Greatest secret ever told copy written by iml527 11-10-3015 ranked 3 all time

If mortals ever find the frequencies’ of the pyramids…and turn it off, then every human in the world will be able to use up to 60% of its brain.

Every planet in the solar system that had life had a pyramid. The pyramids are nothing but natural giant wall hacks.Giant, naturally, made from the earth frequencies ,that block you mortals from getting through the

~~~cherubim and a flaming sword~~~.

The GREAT Giza Pyramid tells a story in which at the time of building, they knew no language did not know how to draw, and had not yet learn to speak.

That one pyramid was constructed through mass telekinesis and mass telepathy it was during a time in which not every human on earth knew how to speak draw or write. A time in which every human on earth knew the art of telepathy and telekinesis...A time in which great wonders was built and then…it was over and mysteriously 1 day in 5 billion years of earth’s existence, language was born, drawing ,writing.

All of this happened and suddenly appeared and where did it appear...Egypt’ why? Because that is where the pyramid is at, once it blocked the old frequency of life the new frequency began, the frequency of taking ones language AND ABILITY away from us.

Adam and eve was in the same time as the rest of the humans.The greatest secret in the adam and eve event is that they never talked to God through there mouth and the only time that they heard god through ears, it was only when they ate the fruit and when they talked to god with mouth, is was when he entered back into the garden after they ate the fruit.

Before they ate the fruit they was communicating with god through there mind and hearing god through telepathy as well. the first time they talked through mouth was when she talked to the serpent.

Adam and Eve was tricked by an alien and the Egyptians’ was as well.

''language was never to be made on the new earth but they found us and once again put the world back into slavery''.

Greatest secret ever told copy writen by iml527.

In the year 2532 'language' will be put in the history books as the Greatest 'aliens' that ever came from the galaxy.

Edited by ImmortalLegend527

If mortals ever find the frequencies' of the pyramids…and turn it off, then every human in the world will be able to use up to 60% of its brain.

What happens to the remaining 40 % of the brain in this scenario ?

I thought that this whole "people only use 10% of their brain" nonsense had been put to rest some time ago. I guess I was wrong.

As for the rest of the post..............

• Like 1

All I can say is NO, just NO - its not some super power brain blocker nor was this used to store grain - Would you eat food from a grave yard (that is stored in one?)

The more I read the more my eyes hurt that modern people can believe this rubbish. KMT makes perfect sense here in the good old old day we could excuse this type of thinking but not in today's times.

• Like 1

If mortals ever find the frequencies' of the pyramids…and turn it off, then every human in the world will be able to use up to 60% of its brain.

Every planet in the solar system that had life had a pyramid. The pyramids are nothing but natural giant wall hacks.Giant, naturally, made from the earth frequencies ,that block you mortals from getting through the

The GREAT Giza Pyramid tells a story in which at the time of building, they knew no language did not know how to draw, and had not yet learn to speak.

That one pyramid was constructed through mass telekinesis and mass telepathy it was during a time in which not every human on earth knew how to speak draw or write. A time in which every human on earth knew the art of telepathy and telekinesis...A time in which great wonders was built and then…it was over and mysteriously 1 day in 5 billion years of earth's existence, language was born, drawing ,writing.

All of this happened and suddenly appeared and where did it appear...Egypt' why? Because that is where the pyramid is at, once it blocked the old frequency of life the new frequency began, the frequency of taking ones language AND ABILITY away from us.

Adam and eve was in the same time as the rest of the humans.The greatest secret in the adam and eve event is that they never talked to God through there mouth and the only time that they heard god through ears, it was only when they ate the fruit and when they talked to god with mouth, is was when he entered back into the garden after they ate the fruit.

Before they ate the fruit they was communicating with god through there mind and hearing god through telepathy as well. the first time they talked through mouth was when she talked to the serpent.

Adam and Eve was tricked by an alien and the Egyptians' was as well.

''language was never to be made on the new earth but they found us and once again put the world back into slavery''.

In the year 2532 'language' will be put in the history books as the Greatest 'aliens' that ever came from the galaxy.

Demonstrable nonsense.

• Like 3

That one pyramid was constructed through mass telekinesis and mass telepathy

A time in which every human on earth knew the art of telepathy and telekinesis...A time in which great wonders was built and then…

Before they ate the fruit they was communicating with god through there mind and hearing god through telepathy as well.

My favorite part:

...and that's where Egypt comes from!

That one pyramid was constructed through mass telekinesis and mass telepathy it was during a time in which not every human on earth knew how to speak draw or write. A time in which every human on earth knew the art of telepathy and telekinesis...A time in which great wonders was built and then…it was over and mysteriously 1 day in 5 billion years of earth's existence, language was born, drawing ,writing.

All of this happened and suddenly appeared and where did it appear...Egypt' why? Because that is where the pyramid is at, once it blocked the old frequency of life the new frequency began, the frequency of taking ones language AND ABILITY away from us.

With apologies I just have to ask because it begs the question: Do you honestly, sincerely, genuinely believe any of this?

• Like 1

With apologies I just have to ask because it begs the question: Do you honestly, sincerely, genuinely believe any of this?

Nah, just the whiskey speaking... NOT :w00t:

What? :no:

Every planet in the solar system that had life had a pyramid.

Well this bit is true.

100% of the planets thst have life, also have pyramids.

• Like 1

'

Yah know this would be a lot better with illustrations and sound track. May I suggest crayons and for a theme sound a rock hitting a can with a tad bit of savagery.

• Like 2

Well this bit is true.

You know SWoH, I don't think I've ever disagreed with anything you've written... but this I must.

If mortals ever find the frequencies’ of the pyramids…and turn it off, then every human in the world will be able to use up to 60% of its brain.

That one pyramid was constructed through mass telekinesis and mass telepathy it was during a time in which not every human on earth knew how to speak draw or write. A time in which every human on earth knew the art of telepathy and telekinesis...A time in which great wonders was built and then…it was over and mysteriously 1 day in 5 billion years of earth’s existence, language was born, drawing ,writing.

All of this happened and suddenly appeared and where did it appear...Egypt’ why? Because that is where the pyramid is at, once it blocked the old frequency of life the new frequency began, the frequency of taking ones language AND ABILITY away from us.

Adam and Eve was tricked by an alien and the Egyptians’ was as well.

Well. Thats.. a something. Definitely a something.
  • Like 1

You know he wont be back

its not post and run, its post and ....

White-coats.png

Edited by back to earth

You know SWoH, I don't think I've ever disagreed with anything you've written... but this I must.

Do you deny that on the only planet we know of that has life, is the only Pyramids?

Do you deny that on the only planet we know of that has life, is the only Pyramids?

Ah, yes but that's not what you wrote.

Well this bit is true.

There may be a planet out there with life but no pyramids. We just don't know it yet.

• Like 2

Ah, yes but that's not what you wrote.

There may be a planet out there with life but no pyramids. We just don't know it yet.

The qualifying phrase is "in the solar system." As is stands, the only planet in our solar system with evidence for life is Earth. So Mr. Hats is quite right.

But I'm still wondering if ImmortalLegend was at all serious about that earlier post. Sometimes it can be hard to tell on a message board.

• Like 3