Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Minneapolis, Black Lives Matter

supervike

http://news.yahoo.com/minneapolis-police-5-shot-near-protest-scene-060941230.html

There has been peaceful protests in Minneapolis, over a shooting death of yet another black man.

Well, now, it's ramping up, as allegedly 'white supremists' have open fire on the protesters.

I sure hope this doesn't turn into the latest Baltimore or Ferguson, but it's getting out of control...

• Like 4

It is a problem that no one can fix. Hyperbole and lies to incite change of a self fulling destiny.

• Like 4

Something about this sounds fishy. White guys in masks sitting by the protest, a bunch of the demonstrators go over to them and ask them to leave. They run, then start shooting the protestors? I don't know guys, something just doesn't sound right there, and I don't think we are getting the full story. I cant exactly put my finger on it, but my spidy senses are screaming BS.

• Like 6

Something about this sounds fishy. White guys in masks sitting by the protest, a bunch of the demonstrators go over to them and ask them to leave. They run, then start shooting the protestors? I don't know guys, something just doesn't sound right there, and I don't think we are getting the full story. I cant exactly put my finger on it, but my spidy senses are screaming BS.

Maybe, maybe not. But when you have an obvious hate group trolling for a conflict it isn't too difficult to find a dance partner these days.
  • Like 4

Sounds like they arrested two of the White supremists. A White guy and a Hispanic dude.

If he committed a crime against blacks he will be called "white" by most everyone though. It was originally reported these were "white supremists". It's only when a crime is committed against a Hispanic by a white person that they are brown.

• Like 3

Besides the arrest of the white and Hispanic guy, there seems to be no real information available at this time.

First it was four guys; then, three guys and one woman, all wearing masks; then, four people with only one wearing a mask.

First it was reported that the masked(?) men (?) were kindly asked by the protesters to leave, then they ran away and turned back to fire indiscriminately at the protesters. Other stories suggest the white(?) supremacists(?) were repeatedly attacked by the protesters. They indicated they were armed, were attacked again, then opened fire.

Anywhere from four to fifteen shots fired?

Little reason to even speculate at this point with such a convoluted story.

• Like 4

If he committed a crime against blacks he will be called "white" by most everyone though. It was originally reported these were "white supremists". It's only when a crime is committed against a Hispanic by a white person that they are brown.

Absolutely.

Other than the fact that speculation is fun?

But seriously, I'll bet there were iPhones pointed at the whole affair. Hopefully, they'll get to the bottum of it.

• Like 1

Besides the arrest of the white and Hispanic guy, there seems to be no real information available at this time.

First it was four guys; then, three guys and one woman, all wearing masks; then, four people with only one wearing a mask.

First it was reported that the masked(?) men (?) were kindly asked by the protesters to leave, then they ran away and turned back to fire indiscriminately at the protesters. Other stories suggest the white(?) supremacists(?) were repeatedly attacked by the protesters. They indicated they were armed, were attacked again, then opened fire.

Anywhere from four to fifteen shots fired?

We wouldn't want facts to get in the way of rioting or looting would we?

• Like 4

We wouldn't want facts to get in the way of rioting or looting would we?

With the holiday shopping left to be done? HECK NO! These guys are looking for REAL bargains :w00t::gun:
  • Like 2

Now it sounds as if they have arrested 3 white dudes in connection with this.

They let the non-white dude go.

I'm glad they got them.

I guess you can be hispanic and white at the same time. T's pretty common, actually.

I guess you can be hispanic and white at the same time. T's pretty common, actually.

Of course. You can say the same about almost any demographic. Please, do tell that to all of the race baiters. :tu: But, being white and mention anything negative about illegal immigrant Hispanics in the US or Muslim extremists, like ISIS, and it suddenly is all because you're white and don't like brown people.

• Like 6

It's sounding like one of the white guys was pretending to be the hispanic guy by shouting out racial slurs to the demonstrators and saying his name was the hispanic guy's Call of Duty screen name. (Saiga Marine and Blight Power Ranger were the names shouted.) I couldn't find a good link for it though.

Edited by Gromdor

Seems like this story has gotten swept under the rug.

I mean, wouldn't a group of white supremists shooting at a group of peaceful black protesters be a top story on every news channel?

It seems however, that some of the protesters were chasing the racists and had them cornered in an alley, that's when the shooting started. It doesn't quite have the same narrative.

I'm not making any excuses for the white dudes and their deplorable behavior, just commenting on the appalling media bias (and their selective news reporting) when it comes to issues like this.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 2

Of course. You can say the same about almost any demographic. Please, do tell that to all of the race baiters. :tu: But, being white and mention anything negative about illegal immigrant Hispanics in the US or Muslim extremists, like ISIS, and it suddenly is all because you're white and don't like brown people.

I'm half hispanic and half white. :yes:

I never knew that. :tu: Most of us are a bunch of mutts. I never think about it one way or the other.

Doesn't that just make you...human? So, you're half-human and half-human then.