Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A strange visit

Barkinghorse

A while back, be decided to sell some unused furniture.

One item being sold was a tall cupboard.

A guy and a girl and their little puppy, probably 6 - 8 weeks old turned up.

The guy came inside to inspect the cupboard. My partner was the one doing the selling, I was across the room busy on the computer.

As they were talking, I glanced over, and the guy who said his name was Josh, said hello and gave me a very broad sincere grin, then kept acknowledging me during the short conversation. The talk then went on a bit further when my partner mentioned we were soon going on a cruise. Josh commented on the cruise area, again grinning

towards me and chatting. I started thinking that I'd seen him before somewhere, but couldn't place where.

Anyway, he said he'd think about the cupboard and come back later if he wanted it.

Later on, I was down at the shops when they came back, and when I got home, they were outside with the puppy standing talking to my partner.

I walked past the girl, and she had large round sunglasses on, you couldn't see her eyes, but as I walked past her with the groceries, she dipped her head and smiled and said Hello, it was then that I saw her eyes. The were very large, and totally a sea blue colour, and I only saw them for a second, but I thought to myself, that's odd!

Anyway, he decided to take the cupboard, and it had been advertised on Ebay for $50, there was no bidding etc, just a stated price. Josh pulled out $55 and handed to my partner. She said, its only $50 and handed him back the $5. He just smiled broadly and said, "honest people". Which I thought was an odd comment.

We got the cupboard on the back of his truck, standing it upright. It was on a slope, and the cupboard was being tied on, when it started to tilt and fall. As it tilted, he held his hand up, and the cupboard, tilted back the other way, and was settled. He didn't actually touch it. He was the only one tying it on the truck.

Anyhow, the little puppy was running around and the girl called out his name. She said it was Obi. We saiad ohhh, Obi One Kanobi?, she said no... and said a much a different name we hadn't heard before. As Obi was running under the truck and acting like any playful puppy, Josh called out his name. Well the the little pup immediately, came straight over to Josh and said obediently at his feet and didn't move. The puppy was still as a statue. We thought wow!, what an obedient little pup at such a young age !

They then left with the cupboard.

A few things gnawed on me. Where had I seen this guy before, her eyes, the obedient puppy, the cupboard not falling, his comment "Honest people".

The a few things clicked.

I remember seeing a movie called Heaven is For Real, and at the end is a picture of JC. This was the guy, this was Josh !

I asked my partner to look at the picture, she hadn't seen the movie, and didn't know where I got the pic from, she said yes that's him, whom is he?

If you look up the name Josh, it is also another name for Jesus.

I looked up the puppy's name Obi. Obi in the Bible is short for Obidiah, and means servant of God.

My partner thinks its all bunk... and maybe it is.... as nothing followed from the visit.

But her eyes, and Ive heard the saying Angel Blue eyes. Her eyes were weird.... really huge, Ocean Blue, no whites to thee eyes.

• Like 1

I think you are /were looking into things way to much - and your imagination and perception of things got the better of you.

Two people simply came along - bought your cupboard - then went.

I hope you put your $50 to good use :-*

• Like 2

This could be the plot to an episode of "Family Guy"

• 5 weeks later...

Is this the first odd encounter you've had? I'll venture to guess, no...The Big Guy will make contact in whatever way necessary to get your attention. Pay attention and believe it was a divine encounter.

• Like 2

If that's the case, then why buy a second hand cupboard? He must have a MasterCard.

To keep people like you guessing

Regardless, this is a great story and it made an impact on you. It made you and everyone else that read it think about the details and meaning of them. Mysterious ways??

• 2 weeks later...

If your story is real then i find it fascinating. I hope it was real and has a meaning for you.

Edited by Saru
Removed reference to deleted comments