Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did you want war?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#1    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 20 March 2003 - 03:36 PM

I was just wondering if there are people who really wanted that war... I don't mean that you want the war because you like war, but for the political issue.

I still think this war shouldn't be..sad.gif

Odin                                                  

#2    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 20 March 2003 - 03:50 PM

I don't think anybody really wants War, I had hoped that Saddam would be overthrown or assinated before it got this far. I now think that he gave us no choice but to get rid of him by the only means left. I just pray there are little or no civillian casualties as they're the real loosers in all of this and also the families of the soldiers (on both sides).
sad.gif                                                  

#3    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 March 2003 - 03:54 PM

I don't want war. I don't agree with the US's actions, but I guess that we have no real way to stop what has already begun.  I just hope it will be over soon, but it wont be.

Mentalcase                                                  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#4    Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:51 PM

*sarcasm*

Well, persoanlly, i dont mind them building up weapons of mass destruction. I mean, the US and Britian have them, so why cant they. I mean, so what if they will be used in terrorist acts against other countires? What does it really matter if people start getting killed again in the name of god. I mean, we must be an evil superpower, that despite going out of our way to help betrotten people, must have some evil cause and wish to dominate all.  And you know, their chemical weapons are fine too. I mean, so what if people are being threated with an attack that could do such horrific things that you cant even imagine it. Oh, and the bio weapons are just the same way.
So yeah, we should let them be. Let them gather weapons, let them learn how to use them, and then let them actually do what they have threatened to do!  Or, even better, we could give them time to get a nuclear device, and really hurt those imperialist Americans.....

*/sacrasm*                                                  

#5    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:12 PM

Guest,

You are totally missing the point, did anyone said that he/she liked Saddam and agreed with what he is doing?  dry.gif

Thh problem i have got with the war is that despite the effort of numerous countries to solve the crisis in Iraq with diplomatic weapons, the USA thinks they can attack. So, why sohould any other country listnen to the UN? The whole meaning of the UN is useless because of this action!:(

Odin                                                  

#6    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:14 PM

I agree with Halo. Nobody wants war, but it was the choice of Saddam Hussein to go to war. Since Hussein refused to abide by international law mandated by the unanimous decision of the U.N. Security Council, that left the coalition partners with no option.

I also agree with Halo that the civilians and the soldiers on both sides are the victims here. With Hussein removed from power, the region will rejoice as the biggest mass murderer will no longer be able to subject his people to the abuse that he has subjected them to for so many years.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#7    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:37 PM

i totally agree with this war.  we can attack whenever we please if it relates to our national security.  attacks on us will be less likely when Iraq is liberated.  the fact that the world is treating us like aggressors has hardened my beliefs even further, and now i agree with Bush for cancelling the Kyoto Treaty as well.  he had a grasp on the state of world affairs that many people here just couldn't imagine being true.  he stated that he wouldn't let the world dictate to us how we should regulate our pollution and now i see he was wise to keep the world's grubby hands off of our economy.  

before this whole political nonsense, i believed that the world was a just place which could govern itself.  i believed the UN was a good start to a world body that would make just laws.  now, i totally oppose the UN and any form of world government. now, i distrust the ambitions of these countries who oppose us.  i find it ironic how so many countries expressed sympathy after Sept. 11th but now treat us as aggressors in Iraq. once upon a time,  i would have considered it more likely that someone in my own country would be behind that attack than some other country, but now i really wonder who is our friend and who is our enemy in this world.  i see a lot of anti- americanism coming out of places i never thought it existed.  

that being said, i am glad that the UK stands by us.  i have a new respect for their faith in my country.  if we were the evil imperialists that so many have made us out to be, surely this world would be a much different place.                                                    

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#8    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• 1,448 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:59 PM

I agree with Halo, nobody wants war but this is the only option that Saddam has given, he refused to comply with international law to destroy any weapons of mass destruction. It is the civilians of Iraq that I feel sorry for and also for our troops, already there have been scud missiles (weapons that Saddam isn't supposed to have) fired at Kuwait.                                                  

#9    Mr-X

Mr-X

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:59 PM

You wouldn't agree with it if it was your country under fire, and if your life was at risk.                                                  

Oh, you should never doubt what no one is sure about.
- Willy Wonka

#10    Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:06 PM

Bah, the people are getting what they deserve, for defending the creep that He is.

And screw the UN.  What have they done for us?  Have we gotten relief aid from them when our country has a disaster?  I mean, loot at all our earthquakes, tornados, floods, etc, yet we get jack.  Yet, something happens elsewhere, and we go an help as needed.  We help the UN in its peacekeeping missions, etc.  But when WE are threatened, we are supposed to roll over and be nice?  Im shocked at you people. Thank god YOU guys  arent in command of our military...if you were, we would be speaking arabic right now. mad.gif                                                  

#11    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:08 PM

Please delete this last post...

...I don't like this thread, we all know that it is a dangerous topic here...                                                  

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#12    Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:10 PM

Why.. is free speech not allowed? Or are the french just hating the truth?                                                  

#13    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:16 PM

why?

i feel its a topic that is going to come up until its discussed.  trying to stiffle it just keeps it popping into other posts.  maybe its time to take the gloves off and have it out once and for all.   smile.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#14    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:25 PM

...ok...I give up...I'm being offended...                                                  

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#15    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (DSchwartz @ Mar 20 2003, 01:37 PM)
the fact that the world is treating us like aggressors has hardened my beliefs even further, and now i agree with Bush for cancelling the Kyoto Treaty as well

DS,
For one thing, what does this have to do with the topic?
For another, Bush had no choice. Before Bush, Clinton also rejected the Kyoto treaty, and he had no choice either. Only 5 out of the 100 senators supported the treaty, so it would have failed regardless of the position of the President

i find it ironic how so many countries expressed sympathy after Sept. 11th but now treat us as aggressors in Iraq.

Most of the world, and that includes me, donít feel the connection between 9/11 and Iraq. They are two separate animals, that has to be dealt with two separate ways.                                                  

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users