Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Empty glass 'slides across table by itself'

seeder

Chilling moment empty glass 'slides across table by itself' live on breakfast TV in Honduras

Presenter Carlos Molina is taken aback by moving glassware on his show

The item was filmed sliding several inches across table on Primera Edicion

Mr Molina described incident as 'supernatural' and said he felt chills

This is the haunting moment a glass apparently moves across a table by itself during a live TV broadcast.

The presenter, sat inches away from the tumbler, said his body was overwhelmed by chills seconds before it moved several inches from his left towards his right.

Carlos Molina, who presents the Primera Edicion breakfast show in Honduras, said he believes the glass moved for 'supernatural' reasons.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3350745/Chilling-moment-glass-slides-table-live-breakfast-TV-Honduras.html#ixzz3tjaUoQkK

• Like 3

A small spot of water under the glass can have enough tension to move the glass but.......I suspect it was just another boring hoax considering the lack of actual response from either person.

• Like 3

A small spot of water under the glass can have enough tension to move the glass but.......I suspect it was just another boring hoax considering the lack of actual response from either person.

I was thinking exactly the same that there was probably water under the glass. :yes:

I'm pretty sure they were either expecting it or had seen it before judging by their reactions.

The concave cavity below the glass contained by the water cooled air, air moisture condensed at the bottom of the glass

and sealed up the gap in between the glass and the table. The air in the cavity got heated up by the table and the floodlights

in the studio, so the air expanded, lifted up the glass and made it move a little, as the table wasnt horizontal aligned,

until there was no lubrication by the condensed water any more.

:yes:

• Like 3

Idk....while I was reading this article...out of the corner of my eye I saw my xmas lights ...held up by packing tape peel from the top...and could hear it..so idk

If anyone here:

- lives in a warm climate

- has a glass-top or similarly smooth table

- has often put wet glasses on it (either from rinsing/washing or condensation)

.. and has NOT seen this.. well, they are simply poor observers. It doesn't need wind or a sloping table, as the expanding air can find any gap and then will push the glass as it escapes - given there is virtually no friction between a wet glass and a smooth surface, the glass will slide very easily.

Too many "common" attributes that can account for this, on a natural perspective.

Unless the glass starts "dancing around", "flipping on it's own", etc, etc, I see nothing remotely paranormal.

Interesting. I have seen similar stuff to this. I witnessed a Loaf of Bread flying off the counter at my local Wegmans once in the way back corner of the store were no one was at. And no way it could have rolled off because the ledge would have caught it. Never seen anything like that since. As far as i know the Wegmans does not have a reputation for being haunted so i was completely mistified as as soon as i saw i ran towards to see if a employee was there and no one.

• Like 1

I remember when this happened to me a few years ago. A glass just slid across the kitchen sideboard.

Glass can slide on certain surfaces, under the right conditions

First time i have seen a completely empty glass in shows like this... he must have been thirsty.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed he had a phone on the table that could have received a message, it would have been on vibrate which could have caused the glass to move. Just at the end he looks like he is checking his phone for a message.