Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

THE REAL REASON FOR WAR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:03 PM

Read this..

http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0212b.asp

http://www.newamericancentury.org/Rebuildi...casDefenses.pdf

So, everybody who still claims the USA is caring about the safety of the Iraqi people is lying! They should rename this whole nonsense from "Iraqi Freedom" to "USA Global Domination"  mad.gif

Odin                                                  

#2    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 06:22 PM

Odin,
rolleyes.gif  You should be ashamed of youself. Are you suggesting that the U.S. should allow Hussein to remain in power? He is the biggest enemy of Iraq and the whole region                                                  

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#3    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:31 PM

you have a total lack of understanding of my country. maybe you should consider visiting and talking to the people that you villify.   once again, your ignorance astounds me.

laugh.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#4    albaqwerty

albaqwerty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:17 PM

During the Iran/iraq war, my arabic friends said they were supporting Iraq,  during this time the "West" was supporting Iraq. (this was over20 years  ago) and who put the Hussein regime in???  well...........                                                  

growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

#5    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:45 PM

albaqwerty,
Although France was the dominant nation in building Iraq to what it is today, that is irrelevant. Regardless of how the menace was created, it must be dealt with.

DS,
Yes Odin has a lack of understanding of the U.S., but the real problem is the lack of understanding of Iraq. The people of Iraq have been living under harsh conditions for decades due to the tyranny of Saddam Hussein. War is brutal, but the outcome should prove to be better for everyone involved.

#6    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 11:02 PM

Did anyone notice that saddam is firing scud missiles which according to him he does not have. mad.gif

Does that not say anything about this man and the validity of his UN declaration.
He was clearly in violation of 1441 and he must be dealt with.

I for one am proud to be british and i support our boys (The whole coalition and not just the brits) in the gulf 100%.

Bristol society for paranormal research and investigations      Click here

#7    Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2003 - 11:36 PM

Damn straight crosis. And some STUPID people think we are just going for oil.....                                                  

#8    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:03 AM

Guest,

While opinions are welcome, please refrain from name calling or demeaning others in your posts. Not everyone is going to be as knowledgeable or well versed in worldly matters and that should be given some consideration. You can point out their deficiencies or inaccuracies sans the belittling comments, especially if you wish to continue to contribute your thoughts. The issue is controversial enough without the inflammatory rhetoric, any further insults will result in your posts being deleted.

Magikman                                                  

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#9    Ghostboo

Ghostboo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:09 AM

Odin, you of all people should understand that America wants what's right for Iraq and the rest of the world.  Or maybe I don't know you well enough to make that assumption (that how you spell it?).  

Crosis, I know that scud missiles are, well...Missiles.  But what kind?  Are they powerful enough to take out a tank?  I know that our Patriot missiles took at least one out...Anyway, I hope that Saddam Hussein gets what's been coming to him for, how many years?  Either 14 or 40, I can't remember correctly.                                                  

I'm bored all the time and that is why I'm....bored.

-Ghostboo

#10    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:13 AM

Ghostboo,

This link may explain the missiles a bit better than i could.

Click here                                                  

Bristol society for paranormal research and investigations      Click here

#11    Ghostboo

Ghostboo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:40 AM

GUH!  That's one BIG missile!  I thought they were MUCH smaller!  So Hussein plans to use ballistic missiles in his own country...Jeebus (My word for Jeesus, in order to avoid shouting his name disrespectfully. biggrin.gif ).  That was a long explination for just one word, eh?  Thanks for the info, Crosis.                                                  

I'm bored all the time and that is why I'm....bored.

-Ghostboo

#12    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 08:32 AM

Thank you Odin for putting information out and allowing us to make up our own minds  smile.gif                                                  

#13    Shack

Shack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 03:34 PM

I have absolutely no problem with USA Global Domination.  Where do i sign up?

While we're on the subject, how many Iraqi civilian lives are worth the life of a single US, British or Australian serviceman or woman? a hundred, a thousand, ten thousand?

Maybe if the Iraqi civilian population had quit being walked all over a few years earlier on by Saddam and his regime, we wouldnt be in this mess now.  Their failure to establish their right to self-determination is - in my humble opinion - their problem.  Not ours.

No government exists in a demographic vacuum, even a dictator.  The iraqi people are remiss in being dominated by the man, thats bad news for them, but its their lookout what happens to them.

The War is justified to seperate the Hussain regime from national resources that equipped that regime with the machinery to do serious mischief.  The rest... well, some people seem to care. i sure dont.                                                  

#14    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 04:15 PM

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m tired of this ‘American Global Domination’ crap. The U.S. and British tried to gather a vast international coalition to reinforce the U.N. Security Council Resolutions, but the rest of the security council refused to live up to their obligations. So the U.S. and British were then left with the task of gathering the ‘coalition of the willing’. Nothing even remotely related to ‘American Global Domination’ here rolleyes.gif                                                  

#15    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 21 March 2003 - 06:31 PM

You're right Homer, it is c***.
         That title sounds like something from 'Pinky
          & The Brain'.  Hey, that's another one for the
          cartoon thread.   smile.gif                                                  

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users