Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

THE REAL REASON FOR WAR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#16    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 07:19 PM

Kismit, if youre going to make up your own mind maybe you should consider that the literature you are reading is written by extremists.  people who only have things to gain by people buying into their lies.                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#17    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 03:23 AM

Hopefully I won't jump on a soapbox.

I once heard a quote, although I can never remember who said it. "War is the continuation of politics by any means neccessary." I believe that Saddam was never interested in compling with the world's demands other than making money and never helping anyone but himself. Simply look at the fact of having those Scuds when he wasn't, if he truely wanted to stay in power he simply could have scrapped them and waited till all the sanctions were lifted and then rebuild his armed forces again. But, its the mindset of the Megalomaniac that wants to do what it wants to do without a care for what others might think.

It's a sad day to see that countries cannot come to agreements on items like non-compliance, but to do so because of profit then what is the world becoming? Its a simple matter of right and wrong, it is right for the world to remove those weapons that should not be in possesion. It is wrong to sit back and not do anything until theres millions of lives exterminated. mad.gif                                                  

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

#18    magic charm

magic charm

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

• never judge a book by its cover

Posted 22 March 2003 - 06:04 PM

i think that it will do iraq good to get rid of saddam, if you think back to 15 years ago he gased 2000 of his own people what kind of human does that. hopefully when the war is over the middle east can try and rebuild there lives and look forward to a better future. does anybody think that saddam is still alive?  sad.gif                                                  

if today is the day what is tomorrow!!!!
Posted Image

#19    RuthUpton

RuthUpton

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 10:46 PM

During the last conflict I had a friend living in Kuwait at the time.  It was frightening.

My ex-husband is a civil servant attached the British Army.  During the last war the Allies had the capabilities to finish Saddam off but, for whatever reason, chose not too.  Possibly because the politicians could not face the prospect.  Had they done it then, we would not be in the position we are now.                                                  

#20    Guest_Guest_bounty_hunter_*

Guest_Guest_bounty_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2003 - 07:44 AM

actually i heard the caught the chemical guy his name slips my mind though. I hope he burns. I also read somewhere 9ill find the link later) that it was 100,000 kurds which makes me sick. Kurds are fighting side by side with the allies and perhaps will get there own state now  smile.gif .90,000 kurds fighting beside us playing key roles of our plans, I thought they would be still angry at united states for not giving them a state to like 10 some odd years ago                                                  

#21    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 03:29 PM

Actually, there is no significant coalition presence Northern Iraq, where the Kurds are. Unfortunately, we may have to fight against the Kurds to prevent them from acquiring statehood. A Kurdistan would spread the violence in the Middle East as Syria, Turkey, Iran and Iraq have large Kurdish populations and will fight to prevent them from acquiring statehood, since statehood would take land away from these other nations.

The U.S. has guaranteed Iraq's present borders in the post war Iraq, which is what all of it's neighbors want anyway. The Kurds have been an enormous help in the fight against Saddam's regime, and they should be represented in a new government, but to allow them statehood would fuel the fires, and hopefully it wont come to that.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#22    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 23 March 2003 - 07:57 PM

The Kurds have a right on their own state, just give them northern Iraq. The Kurds will go there (I do hope so).

You say that I don't understand the American people, well, the american people don't undertand me  smile.gif . You must understand that I am not againts the war.. But i am against they way it came to a war.. It's good that someone cleans up the mess Saddam made.

Odin                                                  

#23    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 12:39 AM

Just for everyones info (If you have not seen the news) the coalition forces have found a " Huge" Chemical weapons factory in Najaf in southern Iraq.

Bristol society for paranormal research and investigations      Click here

#24    zippy

zippy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 12:01 AM

In agreement with bloated corpse.                                                  

"I prefer to have roses on my table than diamonds around my neck" Emma Goldman

#25    loganXman

loganXman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 314 posts

• I go or i wanna go..

Posted 05 August 2003 - 05:48 AM

well, i dont really know why we went to war. why did we? some guy from the middle east basically said that "we wanted a piece of the pie" ( oil) so we went in there to regulate. but can please someone tell me wut is goin on. supposely i hear the second war should began this year with the killin of saddam hussin. the 3rd anticrhrist will  come and kill someone evil like saddam and gain everyones trust and take control. so please, if anyone has some good opinions or well reason why this whole thing really started, feel free to help me figure this out. thanx  

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand.
That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We shall flow a river forth to Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomie Partris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
-Boondock Saints

#26    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:53 AM

I believe that the war was wrong politically but was right socially and morally

i was watching this show a few days ago. It was telling that the documents that Colin Powell show to the UN to convince the other countries to go to war was just a cheap ripoff of internet material. United States intelligence came up with 'new' information but they gave the info to Tony Blair and made him try to convince the world - they thought more people will listen to him than George Bush and they said they wanted Saddam dead well before the first Gulf war but lacked evidence to go after him.

I believe about 70% of what they said on the show for two reasons:
1. They haven't found any WMD
2. N. Korea is a much more greater threat than iraq

Don't get me wrong, Saddam should of been removed for what he has done to his people but like i said I believe that the war was wrong politically but was right socially and morally

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#27    Sukato-San

Sukato-San

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

• I defend the honour of Aga Reimei High School!

Posted 05 August 2003 - 03:48 PM

Just as I tell the UTEP University Democrats, who protested after the conflict was over, (but they support our troops! rolleyes.gif ) "What, you want us to give Iraq back to Saddam?"  The simple fact of the matter is it needed to be done.  
North Korea is a lot of hot air and bluster.  When I was there, I didn't see but one North Korean Soldier on their side of the DMZ.  They are starving!  All they want is some leverage, so they can get back on their feet.  They know damn well that if they tried anything, they'd have the United States and ROK army shoved so far up their (excuse the cursing) ass they'd taste the grease on our tank treads.

Que linda me la traiga Cuba,
la reina de la Mar Caribe.
Cielo sol no tiene sangre ahi,
y que triste que no puedo vaya,
Oh va, oh va, va.

#28    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 12:06 PM

I think he's still very much alive, but even if they kill him there will not be peace in the middle-east.

Some interesting points in relation to the USA's involvement in World politics.

However, regardless of the political circus that exists in this world, my full support goes out to all the troops, wherever they may be, serving their countries with a conviction that they can make a difference to people's quality of life.  

I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life, there is one that matters more than all the others. It is the trail of a true human being.

#29    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 03:12 PM

sageghost,
I'm in full support of what you posted, but the link you provided was from Michael Moore, who is one of the most hated men in America. Michael Moore and 'Bowling for Columbine' represent his biased, left wing, anti-American  view on American politics and is not considered fair and balanced. Even members of his own political party detest him, and he has more than once disgraced himself due to his views and his innacuracies

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#30    connecian

connecian

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

• When you find true love, keep it close and treasure it.

Posted 06 August 2003 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Sageghost @ Aug 6 2003, 12:06 PM)

However, regardless of the political circus that exists in this world, my full support goes out to all the troops, wherever they may be, serving their countries with a conviction that they can make a difference to people's quality of life.

Sage Ghost... I agree  

I will give you my heart
but please be careful
do not break it
for it is fragile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users