Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

South American UFO footage

Ozfactor

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/whats-going-on-in-south-america-two-ufo-incidents-cause-panic-in-different-countries/news-story/9170adb1ba6641c3c75089952b9d2e70

SOMETHING strange is happening in South America.

Two UFO sightings captured on film have sparked a frenzy online among sceptics and believers.

The videos have raised questions about what the strange objects could be and why they’re populating the skies in the region.

The latest sighting posted on YouTube called ‘Fantastic UFO sighting in Santiago’ shows a girl being startled by the sight of four glowing orbs hovering above skyscrapers in the Chilean capital.

Wow, lots of witnesses, lots of camera footage from different locations, news reports across all media, it's all over Google news......

Oh wait, none of those, despite being over a big city at night.. Yeah, mass hysteria all right. :td:

The dead horse of ufology gets another severe beating.

But Happy New year everyone! Make sure YOU have your cameras ready for the big one. These crappy fakes and misidentifications are getting tiresome.

• Like 2

here's the other clip, mentioned in the op.

it's from a different angle and not THAT grainy.....

• Like 2

:alien: - helicopters

Planes.

SCL airport has two parallel runways, directed north/south, and is located in a kind of canyon with mountains on the left and on

the right.So planes have to, if the destination isnt in the launch direction, undertake tight 180° U-turns, the same for approaching

aircrafts. The spectacle can be viewed on FlightRadar24 .

• Like 3

Planes.

SCL airport has two parallel runways, directed north/south, and is located in a kind of canyon with mountains on the left and on

the right.So planes have to, if the destination isnt in the launch direction, undertake tight 180° U-turns, the same for approaching

aircrafts. The spectacle can be viewed on FlightRadar24 .

Helicopters, planes... whatever doesn't matter. What we prove in a matter of minutes is that it's only a normal human thing.

C'mon people ( :alien: ).

• Like 1

They don't look like any planes I ever saw

Wow, really?! So, you are either being ignorant for the sake of argument - OR - need to take a field trip to the nearest airport.

C'mon man...

• Like 1

Look at about the 50 second mark on JT's video. Two sets of lights the furthest to the left seem to be completely separated from each other, then they merge and stay together. During it the camera shakes for a couple seconds. Take a close look. 4 lights, two go past the other two, then merge. That isn't normal

Wow, really?! So, you are either being ignorant for the sake of argument - OR - need to take a field trip to the nearest airport.

C'mon man...

I live right next to Stewart airport in NY. I see these planes fly right over my house constantly all day and night. Solid white lights by themselves with no blinking red, or solid green lights at all?I don't know how they do things in South America, but that isn't a normal light pattern up north

Edited by preacherman76

C'mon man...

Perhaps you could be nicer to people. There is no need to be this rude to somebody who has an opinion different to yours. You used the word "ignorant", so I suppose you have undeniable, 100%, factual, literal, objective evidence to prove they're aircraft. I mean, you wouldn't make such a statement without the backup, right?

They could be aircraft, if you have evidence to prove they are, beyond all possible doubt, that they are aircraft, provide it so this thread can die. Otherwise, this thread is to discuss possibilities and the event itself, not to insult other people just cause they disagree with you.

Before you reply, I have no side in this argument, just pointing out you don't need to be so rude to people.

here's the other clip, mentioned in the op.

it's from a different angle and not THAT grainy.....

And it's NOT from the original source, nor does Andy96 (who does a LOT of this) cite where he got it..... Seriously, guys - it's NOT about the video - if it can't be verified it is probably (and may as well be) CG. I agree that (OMG - I agree with preacherman..??) they don't really look a lot like normal planes / choppers. But given we have no original source, and CG is easily capable of this sort of stuff, I think we simply have a hoaxer who has gone to greater lengths (two videos..) than normal.

I'm happy to look at it again IF THE ORIGINAL SOURCE can be found, but I'm bettin' that won't happen.

Edited by ChrLzs

Couple other things. If those were just landing planes, why would they turn there lights off upon decent? That doesn't make any sense. And why couldn't you see them after they crossed behind that building?

Edited by preacherman76

And it's NOT from the original source, nor does Andy96 (who does a LOT of this) cite where he got it..... Seriously, guys - it's NOT about the video - if it can't be verified it is probably (and may as well be) CG. I agree that (OMG - I agree with preacherman..??) they don't really look a lot like normal planes / choppers. But given we have no original source, and CG is easily capable of this sort of stuff, I think we simply have a hoaxer who has gone to greater lengths (two videos..) than normal.

I'm happy to look at it again IF THE ORIGINAL SOURCE can be found, but I'm bettin' that won't happen.

That's all I'm saying. I have no idea if it's faked. I'm just saying anyone who really takes a look at that and say planes, in my opinion is over ridden by their world view, and blinded by it.

I've seen what most here would have called fake if I filmed what I saw too, so I can't indefinitely say it is a fake either. For me, I can't go so far as to believe it, but I can't just throw it away either. So to me, it's cool. That's all.

Plus having two POV is also a plus. At least it makes it worth looking more into.

Heck let's say it was proven to be authentic. I'd still be a long ways from believing it's aliens. If that's everyone's problem.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

That's all I'm saying. I have no idea if it's faked. I'm just saying anyone who really takes a look at that and say planes, in my opinion is over ridden by their world view, and blinded by it.

I've seen what most here would have called fake if I filmed what I saw too, so I can't indefinitely say it is a fake either. For me, I can't go so far as to believe it, but I can't just throw it away either. So to me, it's cool. That's all.

Plus having two POV is also a plus. At least it makes it worth looking more into.

Heck let's say it was proven to be authentic. I'd still be a long ways from believing it's aliens. If that's everyone's problem.

Since when does a extraterrestrial spacecraft fly around with anticollision lights flashing? How about taxi lights turned on?

• Like 1

Since when does a extraterrestrial spacecraft fly around with anticollision lights flashing? How about taxi lights turned on?

I've already went over why they are not normal lights. And I've also denied believing it's extraterrestrial. Read the thread Merc

I've already went over why they are not normal lights. And I've also denied believing it's extraterrestrial. Read the thread Merc

I read that post and found it completely wrong. #1 there are flashing antcollision lights on every object. #2, they appear to have their taxi lights on, which are the "otherworldly solid lights" you find so mysterious, when they swing back around to make their approach to the airport.. #3, living under an airport and viewing aircraft against a mountain at dusk from miles away are not the same thing and is the reason you don't see the red and green nav lights. At this distance the white lights drown the red and green nav lights out. #4 the lights "turn off" when the aircraft are on final because the aircraft are disappearing behind a ridge line.

• Like 1

Other worldly lights? Who are you quoting? Cause it damn sure isn't me.

Other worldly lights? Who are you quoting? Cause it damn sure isn't me.

Well you repeatedly, in this thread, refer to the lights as "They don't look like any planes I ever saw" or "That isn't normal" or "I don't know how they do things in South America, but that isn't a normal light pattern up north" oh and then "anyone who really takes a look at that and say planes, in my opinion is over ridden by their world view, and blinded by it.".

Of course you cover your six by saying, after all that, "I'd still be a long ways from believing it's aliens. If that's everyone's problem." so my bad. Poor ad-libbing on my part.

So how about the rest of my post, did I cover it for you?

Edited by Merc14

Just thinking to myself that it sure looks like strobe lights similar to conventional aircraft.

Heck, I don't know.

Just thinking to myself that it sure looks like strobe lights similar to conventional aircraft.

Heck, I don't know.

Yep, standard international aircraft lighting. Not sure why preacherman76, who lives under an airport corridor, hasn't seen anticolIision lighting before but that is what every single one of those objects is sporting. The the taxi lights on approach? Pretty much standard IFR rules there but.....

I'm not sure of the situation but am guessing some kind of military exercise based on the spaced landings at the end, but who knows.

Edited by Merc14