Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

I think we heard two Thunderbirds

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    RoadMaster04

RoadMaster04

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 09:15 PM

The call was a triable screech & not what Id need to here walking alone at night , we where in my home but I went outside to see if it was visible, not this time. The call was only of that of a Thunderbird Know dought in my mind.

C,T, Jr.

#2    Richdog

Richdog

Poltergeist

• 2,322 posts

• Iactans Exoletus!

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(RoadMaster04 @ Dec 12 2004, 10:15 PM)
The call was a triable screech & not what Id need to here walking alone at night , we where in my home but I went outside to see if it was visible, not this time. The call was only of that of a Thunderbird Know dought in my mind.

View Post

Umm I severely doubt it, sorry.  Thunderbirds are one of those things that are complete BS even by the styandards of some of the other Cryptoids around.  Not even remotely possible if you read what their descriptions are supposed to be...

A report in the April 26, 1890 Tombstone Epigraph listed the creature's wingspan as an alarming 160 feet, and noted that the bird was about 92 feet long, about 50 inches around at the middle, and had a head about eight feet long. The beast was said to have no feathers, but a smooth skin and wingflaps "composed of a thick and nearly transparent membrane... easily penetrated by a bullet." Perhaps the hardest part of this story to swallow is that two horses could manage to haul a dead behemoth like this for any distance. http://www.parascope.com/en/cryptozoo/predators10.htm

LMAO  laugh.gif

Posted Image
“Well what did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically accross the pains…?” - Basil Fawlty, in response to an old woman complaining about the view out of her English guesthouse window.

#3    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:15 PM

There are some big birds out there. Many sightings have been documented about 'the big bird'. Another part of the strange phenomenon that surrounds us.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#4    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:57 AM

Sorry, I don't believe you. You may have heard something, but it wasn't Thunderbirds.

It really is impossible for Thunderbirds (or surviving Pterodactyls, or Terradons) to exist today.

Even if they did...we'd know about it.

#5    neo cloud 8900

neo cloud 8900

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 02:18 PM

????? what the hell is a thunderbird?????!!!

Bring me a shrubery! Ni!

#6    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:36 PM

They're a myth.

Giant reptilian birds that survived the extinction of the other dinosaurs.

Apparently they decided to settle in America around the 17th century and are extremely camera shy.

There have been a few pictures of "captured" or "dead" Thunderbirds, all were hoaxes.

So far there is no evidence that these creatures still exist today.

#7    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(RoadMaster04 @ Dec 12 2004, 04:15 PM)

View Post

Ravens can make a variety of noises and enjoy being malicious and "goofing off" so to speak, with humans and other ravens. Sometimes they will race eachother, do stunts while flying, and be abnoxious. It's possible you were scared half to death by a simple, common, but wonderful bird.

Besides, your post sounds like mindless poetry.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#8    Hammys Teddy

Hammys Teddy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 249 posts

• But you told me to 'paint the town red'. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Babs @ Dec 12 2004, 11:15 PM)
There are some big birds out there. Many sightings have been documented about 'the big bird'. Another part of the strange phenomenon that surrounds us.

View Post

Isnt there evidence that a big bird still exists some where around Seaseme Street??

Teddy grin2.gif

Avatar designed by 'thisfallendrummer' modified by 'UniversalAbsurdity'

#9    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:45 PM

So you heard a screeching sound during a storm and automatically knew it was a thunderbird? Well; that's good enough for me! Call me convinced!  rolleyes.gif

#10    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:16 PM

Read some 'Big Bird' literature...scores of documented incidents. Some think these creatures to be paranormal. wink2.gif

Henry David Thoreau...

#11    Vitalogy

Vitalogy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

• Heinous

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:23 PM

I agree that the account of the Bird from 1890 is stupidly large for anything living in this day and age, but I think it's slightly ignorant to disregard the existence of something bigger than we know of.  If you search around, you'll find that there are many many accounts of huge birds, with enourmous but believable wingspans, in the region of 15-20 feet. Some people believe they are Thunderbirds(which should be taken into consideration), and others believe they are simply really big Herons, Owls or other unusually large birds.

Just thought I'd add my opinion. Thunderbirds shouldn't be ruled out as a possibility though, as the white ring around the neck of the birds appears time after time in the accounts from people, and is a classic example of what the Native Americans saw as a main feature of the Thunderbird.

#12    The Drake

The Drake

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 269 posts

• Love bites, but at least i have the guts to bite back

Posted 26 December 2004 - 12:14 PM

Couldn't it be possible that there are Thunderbirds but that they are ghosts? That would explain why they can't be found and it would mean that dinosaurs (if they are dinosaurs) had a soul

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13    lismore

lismore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

• Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland,
    And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(Vitalogy @ Dec 24 2004, 10:23 PM)
I agree that the account of the Bird from 1890 is stupidly large for anything living in this day and age, but I think it's slightly ignorant to disregard the existence of something bigger than we know of.  If you search around, you'll find that there are many many accounts of huge birds, with enourmous but believable wingspans, in the region of 15-20 feet. Some people believe they are Thunderbirds(which should be taken into consideration), and others believe they are simply really big Herons, Owls or other unusually large birds.

Just thought I'd add my opinion. Thunderbirds shouldn't be ruled out as a possibility though, as the white ring around the neck of the birds appears time after time in the accounts from people, and is a classic example of what the Native Americans saw as a main feature of the Thunderbird.

View Post

Hi There!

Im In scotland, two of my uncles saw a huge bird one night in a remote part of the Highlands.  They heard wings flapping and a screech noise and looked up and caught the thing in their torch beams.  They told me it was large, much larger than an eagle or a seabird.  I looked on the net and found a similar sighting in Yorkshire, England.  This was 1993.

So I have no problem believing thats theres a big bird out there, maybe its nocturnal so its not seen often ohmy.gif

From the lone shieling of the misty island
Mountains divide us, and the waste of seas;
Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland,
And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.

#14    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:51 AM

There have been daytime sightings.

Henry David Thoreau...

#15    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 16 January 2005 - 12:27 AM

Herons are much larger than your average eagle or sea-bird. They also have a godawful screech or croak that can make your hair stand on end. They're also known for nocturnal migration. Seems like it would be a fairly likely possibility to me..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users