Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant metal balls fall from sky over Vietnam

UM-Bot

Military officials have been conducting an investigation after the objects fell from the sky on Saturday.

Locals from Vietnam's Tan Dong and Bao Dap communities reported thunder-like sounds in the region and observed 'flying objects' prior to the incident which took place during the weekend.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ky-over-vietnam

Military officials have since been conducting an investigation in to the incident and believe that the spheres were most likely components dropped by a Russian rocket during a failed satellite launch. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/290349/giant-metal-balls-fall-from-sky-over-vietnam#sthash.45OmxluF.dpuf

They should be done for flytipping!

What purpose would tanks like have be on a spaceship ? And, why are they the only debris found ? It seems unlikely that these spheres would be the only surviving objects to reach the ground.

I would guess it's a flashing chamber. It's where compressed gas would be expanded to working pressure. It looks like a viable rocket component to me.

Maybe they are the floats used in space toilets!

• Like 3

well theyre not ufo components

What purpose would tanks like have be on a spaceship ? And, why are they the only debris found ? It seems unlikely that these spheres would be the only surviving objects to reach the ground.

Different parts on a rocket have different densities and masses. This means they'll fall from space at different speeds and hit the ground (or the sea) all over the place. Presumably things which are similar fall on similar paths, which is why they landed in a group. Other parts of the rocket would have landed elsewhere.

A new type of metal weather balloon perhaps? Or the swamp gas metal, Unobtainium. It is possible they were dropped from the air by teams of swallows from high altitude.

A new type of metal weather balloon perhaps? Or the swamp gas metal, Unobtainium. It is possible they were dropped from the air by teams of swallows from high altitude.

I go with swallows! They have mastered the coconuts and now move on with something a bit harder ;)

Zam

• Like 1

looks like a float from a toilet cistern

Oops, someone already spotted that.

Now I know why they are called thunderboxes.

Edited by Codenwarra

I go with swallows! They have mastered the coconuts and now move on with something a bit harder ;)

Zam

What kind of swallow? African or European?

No, no, nothing exotic. Just your typical Delichon dasypus, or Asian house martin.

Hydrazine is nasty stuff .

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe the iron giants wife caught him cheating? Wouln't explain the third ball though.