Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Lost City of the Monkey God found

seeder

Ancient Lost City of the Monkey God found - and now the treasure hunters are moving in

The Government in Honduras is digging up part of the country's remote rainforest in a real life Indiana Jones-style gold hunt

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ancient-lost-city-monkey-god-7181640

• Like 1

Apparently the Monkey God developed a passion for human women and would seek them out to make them pregnant against their will.

Those who fell under his spell would then give birth to half-chimp half-human offspring.

I smell BS in this "story". Besides humans, there have never been any apes in the Americas. Certainly no chimps in central america.

• Like 5

I smell BS in this "story". Besides humans, there have never been any apes in the Americas. Certainly no chimps in central america.

Yeah but I'm thinking that the person responsible for that error might be the journalist. There are of a half dozen or so New world monkeys so the original stories probably had them as the God.

Lots of cultures had a 'trickster god" who did pranks and also had the eye for human women.

• Like 1

I've worked with half humans

I've worked with half humans

haven't we all

actually I still do.. :(

• Like 2

I like the thread title anyway. "Ancient Lost City of the Monkey God". Sounds like an old school AD&D module. MG-1 (Lost City of the Monkey God).

• Like 4

I have fantasies of staying right in the middle of a thick jungle in a flying caravan. Like the peaceful but scary feeling..

Edited by TheGreatBeliever

A God that is an alien that looks like a monkey, alien human hybrid via the monkey

Why do I feel reminded of King Kong?

• Like 1

More anthropomorphic figures, more evidence of psychedelics. Living in Honduras, taking the shamans brew in the bloody jungle at night? It's the create-your-own-gods starter pack. Definitely looking forward to the details on this awesome site

• Like 1

From the OP

Aided by SAS soldiers, teams of explorers, scientists and archaeologists they thought they'd struck gold after uncovering treasures they believe belong to the 'Lost City of the Monkey God' which has been known internationally as the 'White City of Gold.'

Known locally as the legendary settlement of "La Ciudad Blanca" it is thought to contain untold treasures that could be valued at billions of pounds.

And then WIKI says...

La Ciudad Blanca (pronounced: [la sjuˈðað ˈblaŋka], Spanish for "The White City") is a legendary settlement said to be located in the Mosquitia region of the Gracias a Dios Department in eastern Honduras. This extensive area of rainforest, which includes the Río Plátano Biosphere Reserve, has long been the subject of multidisciplinary research. Archaeologists refer to it as being a part of the Isthmo-Colombian Area of the Americas, one in which the predominant indigenous languages included those in the Chibchan and Misumalpan families. Due to the many variants of the story in the region, most professional archaeologists doubt it refers to any one actual settlement, much less one representing a city of the Pre-Columbian era.[citation needed]

Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés reported hearing "trustworthy" information on a region with "towns and villages" of extreme wealth in Honduras, but never located them. In 1927, aviator Charles Lindbergh reported seeing a "white city" while flying over eastern Honduras.[1] The first known mention by an academic of the ruins under the name Ciudad Blanca (White City) was by Eduard Conzemius, an ethnographer from Luxembourg in 1927. In his report on the Pech people of Honduras to the Society of Americanists, he said the ruins had been found about twenty-five years earlier by someone looking for rubber who got lost in the area between the Paulaya River and the Plantain River. He said it was called the White City because its buildings and a wall around it were white stone.[2]

more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ciudad_Blanca

I pray that they learn what they can in the least intrusive way they can and then leave.

Leave the animals in peace.

One day someone will realize that we are all connected and as each species is exterminated because of human interference so goes our planet.

:cry:

I pray that they learn what they can in the least intrusive way they can and then leave.

Leave the animals in peace.

One day someone will realize that we are all connected and as each species is exterminated because of human interference so goes our planet.

:cry:

Did I miss something? Did they say they were going to kill animals?

• Like 2

This actually sounds pretty Lovecraftian... Arthur Jermyn, anyone?

Edited by Galego
  • Like 2

This coming year is the Chinese year of the fire monkey. Gonna be an interesting ride. I bet this Honduras site will yield lots of information. I look forward to reading it.

Edited by regeneratia

This coming year is the Chinese year of the fire monkey. Gonna be an interesting ride. I bet this Honduras site will yield lots of information. I look forward to reading it.

And the connection would be what????

Cheers,

Badeskov

And the connection would be what????

Cheers,

Badeskov

If we started saying people need to make clear, logical connections between things, we'd have to close this site down from lack of traffic. The only possible worse thing we could do is point out that internet "research" is a virtually a oxymoron.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 2

If we started saying people need to make clear, logical connections between things, we'd have to close this site down from lack of traffic. The only possible worse thing we could do is point out that internet "research" is a virtually a oxymoron.

--Jaylemurph

I stand corrected.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Maybe guys ..... one is a city of the Monkies ... and the other is a year of the Monkey

I'm kinda guessing that the connection would be ......

Monkey . :w00t:

:yes:

..... and

The 'Amazing Drumming Monkeys' just happen to be performing at my local town hall at the moment !