Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could Aliens have gone extinct already?

seeder

Have aliens become EXTINCT? Experts claim that even if extraterrestrial life formed on other planets, it would have already died

Scientists argue that life plays a key role in making planets habitable

Unless it quickly evolves, life is unable to stabilise its planet's climate

Life may have emerged in many worlds but then quickly became extinct

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3410524/Have-aliens-EXTINCT-Experts-claim-extraterrestrial-life-formed-planets-died.html#ixzz3xtyoxBUS

You can bet your prime stamp collection on that there are extinct aliens. Problem is that it will take quite a while still to demonstrate it.

• Like 6

Yeah, and Earth is visited by ghost aliens

• Like 1

Lets not forget the term alien.....doesnt have to mean intelligence....it could be as simple as algae like stuff....or microbes

typo

Edited by seeder
  • Like 8

I don't make a lot of assumptions about life on other planets. I'm sure it's quite possible that some species have died off and equally likely that there are some that have existed far longer than we can comprehend.

Lets not forget the term alien.....doesnt have to mean intelligence....it could be as simple as algae like stuff....or microbes

typo

I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognizes this fact. :)

• Like 5

Makes sense to me. It seems to me for intelligent life to evolve on any Earth-like planet out there, it would have to go through similar random biological and environmental events as Earth has. I think the window for intelligent life to evolve is a small one, as it depends on so many 'just right' conditions to occur. There are many more prohibiting factors than enabling planetary events.

• Like 2

He might be right when it comes to Mars or Venus but I think he is all wet when it come to other solar systems. Life formed here so I think it is logical to assume it has happened elsewhere in the galaxy or universe. I doubt they all died off early on. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been here. Maybe that is why we are here.

• Like 4

Long live Carl Sagan's Meat Planet!

• Like 1

Lots of things can go wrong in a evolutionary timeline...we have had our share of challenges too. All it takes is an asteroid or someone using too much antimicrobial disinfectant...... Just saying. :)

• Like 2

Simple microbial life probably exists on many planets, in many solar systems. If it happened on Terra, it can happen elsewhere. Considering the massive amount of planets in the universe, it's almost a certainty.

As far as intelligent life becoming extinct we only have our own planet to go on, and so far things are going poorly. A myriad of extinction level events in the realm of statistical probability continue to hang over humanity like a billion active Abombs sitting in a warehouse in each of our backyards.

Our tech advances have also not been linear, often tech has been discovered and then forgotten due to climatological, religious & political reasons. Still amazing how science has got so much wrong even in the past 50 years. Keeps textbook publishers in the money I suppose, to look on the bright side.

• Like 1

Again, I say that we need to stop anthropomorphizing alien life. What is habitable for us may be unsuitable for them. If they're even a few hundred years older than humans, it's very likely they are more machine than human.

• Like 1

You can bet your prime stamp collection on that there are extinct aliens. Problem is that it will take quite a while still to demonstrate it.

But I ain't got no stamp collection.

Will they take some old cassette tapes?

Harte

Simple microbial life probably exists on many planets, in many solar systems. If it happened on Terra, it can happen elsewhere. Considering the massive amount of planets in the universe, it's almost a certainty.

As far as intelligent life becoming extinct we only have our own planet to go on, and so far things are going poorly. A myriad of extinction level events in the realm of statistical probability continue to hang over humanity like a billion active Abombs sitting in a warehouse in each of our backyards.

Depends on what you mean by "intelligent."

Homo Erectus could be called intelligent and was here two million years. We have been around an tenth of that.

We're just getting started, actually. Even our Genus is brand spanking new compared to most others.

Say a four to five million year species lifespan for our sort of animal (I realize it could be longer.)

Compare that to the age of a planet.

I think it is not just unlikely, but statistically improbable that there are or have been many intelligent species extant in the same era in our galaxy (or in any one galaxy.)

Harte

• Like 2

I would make it a goal to get to that planet, to study the history of that race and to catalog their achievements. Then glean any technology we can from the remains of that race in hope that it will better mankind as a whole.

Maybe space is a place so hostile that it's just impossible to any different aliens to meet each other.

kind of a security backup in case one of the drive failed.

Hostile environments can be overcome. At least for a temporary stay anyway, even we can do that. We did it on the moon and at the space station.

I would make it a goal to get to that planet, to study the history of that race and to catalog their achievements. Then glean any technology we can from the remains of that race in hope that it will better mankind as a whole.

Who knows, maybe we have already studied alien technology, Roswell.
  • Like 1

Ehh...no.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

Who you callin' "Roswell?"

Harte

• Like 1

Your having a laugh aren't you......

This does make me think. What if on some other world the alien life went through a very similar cycle as us. They started out simple then evolved into their own version of dinosaurs, then later on a sapient race that did what we are doing now, then that was it. They either left their world or simply died out. It does make me think.

Aliens gone extinct? LMAO! The scientific clergy is steeped in denial. We have been visited by many different races over the centuries. Ancient megastructures, religion, WWII, Global warming. where do you think it all come from? People need to educate themselves better.

Starting here: http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/alien_races.html

Edited by TaridD
  • Like 1

If we are talking about life in general and not sentient life, I doubt any planet that developed life and is still in a range habitable to humans would be completely devoid of life. Life on earth exists in some of the most unlikely, harsh, dry, hot, deep, high pressure areas that I would almost bet SOME form of life would survive just about anything thrown at it: nuclear war, asteroid strike, plague, whatever. There would almost have to be some remnant population because on Earth there are microbes that feed on just about anything, with or with oxygen, some that take near boiling, grown in sulfuric acid, live inside rocks and so forth.

Now intelligent life is another matter. If they are/were as self-destructive as we seem to be, you might only find the ruins of civilization, but I would almost bet those ruins would contain their version of the cockroach, rat and pigeon.

• Like 1

Aliens gone extinct? LMAO! The scientific clergy is steeped in denial. We have been visited by many different races over the centuries. Ancient megastructures, religion WWII, Global warming ect. where do you think it all come from? People meed to educate themselves better.

Starting here: http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/alien_races.html

You are obviously mentally unreachable in any way, shape or form. You have no clue how far out you are, do you?

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 5