Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cluster of UFOs filmed over Russian capital

UM-Bot

Footage showing a group of unidentified objects flying in formation over Moscow has appeared online.

Recorded at the end of last month, the video was shot by a man known only as Timur and shows what appear to be four objects flying close together over the city after dark.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/291290/cluster-of-ufos-filmed-over-russian-capital

hmm the fading away only seems to happen when the guy filming it goes out of focus.. and they are not really flying.. but staying stationary

• Like 1

unfortunately there are so many drones about nowadays, specially the amateur type, hoaxing ufo's is easier than ever

• Like 4

Russian UFO expert Vadim Chernobrov.

Expert? forming your own research group does make you an expert, especially if it unexplained..and most of what he has seen is.

And this "expert" did not actually see the lights in the sky himself, it seems only Timur was baffled by the lights .....over RUSSIA??? just the thought is a joke, UFO over Russia? think about it!!!

Edited by freetoroam

So, this was posted in "People and Blogs" category, and no citation other than 'Timur'? (Another hoaxing scaredycat..?) We don't even have a location / direction so we could check if it is something on a hill - after all, it doesn't even move. Seriously, does it get any worse? This ticks all the boxes for putting into the Complete-Waste-Of-Time category.

• Like 4

It's probably those Chinese lantern things. They fooled me once too while in Cambridge one night.

Me and a friend came out of a bar late and night and saw about 100 of them over the city, we thought the invasion had started. But it was ok, because we were quite drunk :P

Edited by Finity

It's probably those Chinese lantern things. They fooled me once too while in Cambridge one night.

Me and a friend came out of a bar late and night and saw about 100 of them over the city, we thought the invasion had started. But it was ok, because we were quite drunk :P

Slow-floating chinese lanterns are the only things that have EVER given me pause when I saw them the first time. I honestly thought, for a moment, I was seeing something I've never seen before. I was right, I had never seen them before, but they weren't anything mysterious or paranormal or supernatural or otherworldly. All it took was a bit of thinking about it, and my wife telling me flat out what it was.

• Like 2

With more than 11 million people living in Moscow you'd think there would be significantly more than 1 video of such an event.

• Like 2

This could be the lights of a high rise building site in the fog.

Or a crane on top of a building... :tu:

Watching the video I was like, "DO SOMETHING LIGHTS!! ANYTHING!". They didn't move at all. And the lights never really changed intensity or anything. That speaks to a static object.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

I find the electronic voice in your videos to be highly anoying to say the least. I have a hard time understanding the narrative and never finish watching the complete video out of frustration. Get a human voice to narrate please!

I always watch UFO videos with the sound off. So that whatever talking they are doing doesn't influence what I am looking at, and let's be real.... 99% of what these videos are about is visual.

• Like 1

Lights in the sky are just lights in the sky, which is already filled with both natural and man made ones.

Bermuda Ball Lightning paralysis.

These kind of posts have become the UM equivalent of people posting "First!" on YouTube.
  • Like 1

This could be the lights of a high rise building site in the fog.

I'm gonna guess lights on a high-rise crane (edit: Darn, beaten to it by DieChecker). Seen it before being touted as UFOs.

For a bunch of UFOs flying in formation, they didn't seem to do much flying. In fact they didn't move at all. Which is what suggests they are simply stationary lights on top of a structure.

And the comment from the "Russian UFO expert Vadim Chernobrov":

"The lights cannot be explained as either an atmospheric or a cosmic image," he said.

"The chance of it being some sort of mirage is also impossible due to the precise geometric form the objects have formed. Some have said they could look like Chinese lanterns but I would dismiss this possibility because of the movements and speed of the objects."

Cosmic image? Precise geometric form? The movements and speed of the objects? Yeah, you're clearly an expert on the subject. Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

They were just drones flying overhead, making people think it was sort of UFO, scaring us. Nah. Aliens are shy. Lol

They were just drones flying overhead, making people think it was sort of UFO, scaring us. Nah. Aliens are shy. Lol

Plus I don't think they would announce themselves to thousands of air-defense systems by flashing bright lights and flying low.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

Firstly. I completely believe in aliens. But I think they could be Jupiter and Venus lining up. It happened in my part of the world recently. I did not see it as it was before sunrise. Ok so with a star map app, I set my location to Moscow and scrolled back to July last year. Looking east just after sunset there is a very similar star pattern. Anyway please look at the screen shot I've attached. I want to know what you guys think.

post-129058-0-94808500-1454845415_thumb.

Firstly. I completely believe in aliens. But I think they could be Jupiter and Venus lining up. It happened in my part of the world recently. I did not see it as it was before sunrise. Ok so with a star map app, I set my location to Moscow and scrolled back to July last year. Looking east just after sunset there is a very similar star pattern. Anyway please look at the screen shot I've attached. I want to know what you guys think.

What does "completely believe in aliens" mean? I "completely believe in aliens", I just don't believe, at this time, that they are visiting this planet on a daily basis, showing themselves to the general public, and getting away with it. And I like your attempt at a star map explanation, even if it is accurate or not (I don't have it on my phone in that capacity).

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard