Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An idea...

Bendy Demon

I was watching that animation called "Stevens Universe" and the one character called "Garnet" explained what fusion was and how it (Garnet) stayed fused for so long.

So just for fun I was pondering a hypothetical idea; pretending for the moment that souls are real, what if we are really all fusions on a "soul" level. What if we are all really pieces or fragments of souls that willingly fuse based on certain shared ideas or feelings. These fragments "fuse" to become one entity and that becomes what we think of as "one" person.

To carry this fun experiment a bit further, what if some of the schizophrenics are really fusions that haven't really completed the process or something happened that separates them to the point that instead of becoming something more than the sum of the parts each becomes "itself" again.

Like I said, this is not a concept I put any validity in and it is just a fun and hypothetical venture.

• Like 1

I've pondered something quite similar myself. Especially in the case of those who have MPD. Multiple souls in a single body all warring for domination.

This sounds a lot like anima mundi.

An intrinsic connection between all living things on the planet, which relates to our world in much the same way as the soul is connected to the human body. The idea originated with Plato and was an important component of most Neoplatonicsystems:

Therefore, we may consequently state that: this world is indeed a living being endowed with a soul and intelligence ... a single visible living entity containing all other living entities, which by their nature are all related.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Sounds like a bunch of hoodoo.

Strong first post

• Like 1

I was watching that animation called "Stevens Universe" and the one character called "Garnet" explained what fusion was and how it (Garnet) stayed fused for so long.

So just for fun I was pondering a hypothetical idea; pretending for the moment that souls are real, what if we are really all fusions on a "soul" level. What if we are all really pieces or fragments of souls that willingly fuse based on certain shared ideas or feelings. These fragments "fuse" to become one entity and that becomes what we think of as "one" person.

To carry this fun experiment a bit further, what if some of the schizophrenics are really fusions that haven't really completed the process or something happened that separates them to the point that instead of becoming something more than the sum of the parts each becomes "itself" again.

Like I said, this is not a concept I put any validity in and it is just a fun and hypothetical venture.

Let's not pretend, it is real. You just described God and all of his creations.

Barbco, I never mentioned an all-seeing entity..I merely mentioned the imaginary concept of fusion which is also imaginary. It was just a silly idea to ponder. I really do not want to see this thread delve into another religious orientated discussion.

Like I just said, it was just a silly thought for fun, never meant for it to be serious but just.for.fun.

Thanks anyways

You could extend your idea to incorporate multiple universe hypothesis, perhaps?

The gist of it being, the "greater soul" and each "soul fragment" extends across all universes - but the identity of each fragment in each universe is slightly different.

Edited by Leonardo

Well, I am not so sure, either, about the validity of a "multi-verse" but I suppose one could consider that the origins of some fragments could be from alternate universes.

There was another idea that floated in my brain and that was that if, according to science, every object and every molecule vibrates at its own particular frequency then perhaps it is possible that those same "soul fragments" can also vibrate in unison with other fragments of a similar nature and thus create a type of "energy" web where ideas, thoughts, leanings, etc can be transmitted or at least detected by any who are connected to this web.

Anyways I have read of many odd theories and one of them being that each of us lives at least one other life elsewhere, in a different world or something.

Kind of like in the game Chrono Cross( as an example) where people in a mirror world live different lives depending on choices that were made or events that happened to one and initiated different sets of results.

I don't know...it is interesting to ponder though.

You're going to fit in here just fine :w00t:

This sounds a lot like anima mundi.

An intrinsic connection between all living things on the planet, which relates to our world in much the same way as the soul is connected to the human body. The idea originated with Plato and was an important component of most Neoplatonicsystems:

Therefore, we may consequently state that: this world is indeed a living being endowed with a soul and intelligence ... a single visible living entity containing all other living entities, which by their nature are all related.

Synchronicity?

Barbco, I never mentioned an all-seeing entity..I merely mentioned the imaginary concept of fusion which is also imaginary. It was just a silly idea to ponder. I really do not want to see this thread delve into another religious orientated discussion.

Like I just said, it was just a silly thought for fun, never meant for it to be serious but just.for.fun.

Thanks anyways

And I'm merely putting a name to your 'silly' concept. Even though I don't think you find it silly. You just don't want the naysayers jabbing at you.

Let's say that there are souls. And we are all connected on some spirit network. So twin souls are those who are most compatible on a spiritual level. An when people have sex and create a life they literally create a new soul (two souls merging to create a new one), that will eventually join this spirit network. If you think about it (in some weird esoteric way) this might be the reason we connect with certain people.

This is just an idea.