Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Potentially Clairsentient?

UnfixedPython

So in the past few months, I have thought deeply and did some research on some possibilities and I believe I am somewhat clairsentient. I can usually pick up on the emotions of others around me without even trying to. For example if someone is sad, I tend to pick up on it and I can also be somewhat feeling the same as that person. This also presents some trouble when in huge crowds since I haven't been able to block out the feelings of so many people. I remember readings somewhere that it's theorized that a lot of people have this without recognizing it, but I was wondering if any of you who may have experience in this or even knowledge of it, would be able to shed some extra info on it. Also if anyone knows how I could potentially improve it then that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 1

You can improve it by having helpers put people behind a blind (completely unseen by you) and you work your powers. Your helpers at times would not even have anyone behind the blind.

Your gift will increase tenfold.

• Like 1

I can pick up on the emotions of those around me. It's called body language. Maybe you're an introvert. I get overwhelmed by crowds. Nothing psychic about it. Then again you've got the possible explanation that it's mirror neurons.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/empathy

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201310/the-neuroscience-empathy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy

• Like 2

I can pick up on the emotions of those around me. It's called body language. Maybe you're an introvert. I get overwhelmed by crowds. Nothing psychic about it. Then again you've got the possible explanation that it's mirror neurons.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/empathy

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201310/the-neuroscience-empathy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy

Why that's mundane not magic. Who wants to ignore their powers by not cultivating them?

Why that's mundane not magic. Who wants to ignore their powers by not cultivating them?

Because no matter how strongly you want to believe that you have superpowers you don't. No one does and if something is 'paranormal' there will always be a scientific explanation. I've gotten sick of adults playing pretend. Grow up.

• Like 3

Because no matter how strongly you want to believe that you have superpowers you don't. No one does and if something is 'paranormal' there will always be a scientific explanation. I've gotten sick of adults playing pretend. Grow up.

When the OP goes up to a blind and says "I feel sadness, this person just went through a rough breakup". Then when the blind is taken away with nobody even there...You will have Egg on your face.

When the OP goes up to a blind and says "I feel sadness, this person just went through a rough breakup". Then when the blind is taken away with nobody even there...You will have Egg on your face.

No they won't, they'll have excuses. Someone once stood in exactly that space and *they* had the rough breakup... or possibly someone in a past life, or from a whole 'nuther dimension..

• Like 1

No they won't, they'll have excuses. Someone once stood in exactly that space and *they* had the rough breakup... or possibly someone in a past life, or from a whole 'nuther dimension..

How do you know a woman got stood up and sobbed in that very spot in 1930?

You just don't know what evidence is even if it hit you on the head.

Thanks for the inputs from all of you. I think I'll see if I can do the blind idea this weekend to get a start on it. I also have tried meditation as a way of controlling myself. I appreciate all of your inputs!

• Like 1

Thanks for the inputs from all of you. I think I'll see if I can do the blind idea this weekend to get a start on it. I also have tried meditation as a way of controlling myself. I appreciate all of your inputs!

You're welcome.

Watch some of these vids for set up ideas.

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=james%20randi%20debunks&sm=3

Edited by davros of skaro

How do you know a woman got stood up and sobbed in that very spot in 1930?

What..? You can't sense it? Clearly you are not qualified or experienced enough....

You just don't know what evidence is even if it hit you on the head.

Hmm. My sarcasm seemed to whoosh over yours..

What..? You can't sense it? Clearly you are not qualified or experienced enough....

Hmm. My sarcasm seemed to whoosh over yours..

Hey! We are not the ones blessed with a gift here.

• Like 1

You may be an empath, but clairsentience is a bit more spiritually involved. Being an empath is a start on the spiritual adventure, but make sure you do your research as you begin to feel more. It is a little bit like a leaf in a pond and a drop of water is dropped on it.

http://previews.agefotostock.com/previewimage/bajaage/9ee8935d65078be0448f30a65f0071cb/z59-1258215.jpg

Edited by nothinglizx2

Hi,

I am a strong advocate for meditation myself. Within the self there is your spirit awareness. I know of no better way to advance psychic skills than enlisting the guidance of your most informed inner wisdom. Depending on how you are guided, there are exercises to sharpen any ability.

John

Psychic for from the greek word psychikos mean of the mind or mental. It is also the soul or consciousness. So we are all psychic by this definition. As we all have some level of conscious awareness. What people call psychic is really esp. Empathy is a natural human ability unless your mental imbalanced. Precog can be seen as a highly tuned pattern recognition skill. If you watch life enough you'll see the patterns and can predict how events might play out. The sad thing about all this is predominate in the feel of energy work. We simply don't discharge energy, only if it's a static build up and that's environmental. So you core energy powers of mute. You can't hit me with your chi or even heal someone through bioenergetics, it's all placebos. However used smartly a placebo can aid actual medical treatment.

When you sense an area to have some type of strong emotional charge, you are projecting your feelings onto that environment (not literally) creating a bias. This is also coupled with how the environment affects you as well. An old musty house will be 'haunted' of you believe it to be. You might even see a ghost because you subconsciously want to fill in the blanks.

It's all in your head and unless something legitimately comes around and proves differently that's all it will ever be. No matter how strongly you wish otherwise.

• Like 2

Ok, firstly Skaro and Chrlz behave yourselves, save the feistiness for messaging. Secondly OP this is a lesson i learned from someone else on this website, everything in this world is simply vibrational, including emotions. People give of these all the time through their body language AND through their (and i kinda hate having to use this word since of the stigma attached to it and the people who use it) aura. You are just able to predict what emotional vibrations have passed through that object or place and/or are going to pass through them. Personally i think its more of an empath situation your dealing with but thats my opinion, if you are a clairsentient then all the best to you. MEDITATION IS KEY, i cant stress this enough for people who are dealing with others emotions. Meditation and clearing yourself is an absolute MUST otherwise a buildup is produced and some people have said they cant tell their own emotions from others.

Finally Xenofish it must get really annoying when people dont listen to you, i personally love your comments since they helped me clarify if im just a placebo or if there is actually something more to me. Also its taught me a lot about how the brain and humans in general works. so yeah......bleurgh?????

Finally Xenofish it must get really annoying when people dont listen to you, i personally love your comments since they helped me clarify if im just a placebo or if there is actually something more to me. Also its taught me a lot about how the brain and humans in general works. so yeah......bleurgh?????

Glad I could help. An yes it does get old when no one's willing to listen to a reasonable explanation.

• Like 1

Glad I could help. An yes it does get old when no one's willing to listen to a reasonable explanation.

.. or supply a demonstrable example of the effect in use.. A power that vanishes when anyone tries to demonstrate or test it, is about as valuable as....

(wait for it..)

..no power at all.

• Like 1