Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Palin mocks Bill Nye

Grimmie

http://www.cnn.com/2...tist/index.html

(CNN)Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin mocked Bill Nye on Thursday, using the premier of a film that criticizes climate change scientists to call into question Nye's credentials.

"Bill Nye is as much a scientist as I am," the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee said, according to The Hill. "He's a kids' show actor, he's not a scientist."

Right...

He (Nye) studied mechanical engineering at Cornell University (where he took an astronomy class taught by Carl Sagan)[9] and graduated with a B.S. in mechanical engineering in 1977.

After graduating from high school in 1982, Palin enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Hilo.[25] Shortly after arriving inHawaii, Palin transferred to Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu for a semester in the fall of 1982 and then to North Idaho College, a community college in Coeur d'Alene, for the spring and fall semesters of 1983.[26] She enrolled at the University of Idaho in Moscow for an academic year starting in August 1984 and then attended Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska in the fall of 1985. Palin returned to the University of Idaho in January 1986 and received her bachelor's degree incommunications with an emphasis in journalism in May 1987.[26][27][28][29]

• Like 3

She got a BA/ maybe a BS in communications....maybe she should seek a refund on that money because they clearly taught her next to nothing.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 4

As I say to my students, if you think like a scientist, you are a scientist.

I'd say that verb usage still disqualifies Sarah.

• Like 4

Sarah Palin is a twit.

I do love that her degree is COMMUNICATIONS and JOURNALISM. She cannot articulate a sentence, nor can she do any actual journalistic research or reporting. She can see Russia from Alaska though...

• Like 5

Palin is a sack of ignorance that somehow gained a loose semblance of sentience and began wandering around. She's not qualified to comment on scientist qualifications.

• Like 5

And to think, this woman ran for the second highest office in America...absolutely terrifying.

She was supposed to be the insurance that nobody would shoot John McCain.

Doug

As I say to my students, if you think like a scientist, you are a scientist.

I'd say that verb usage still disqualifies Sarah.

That pre-supposes that you think at all.

Sarah Palin is a quitter and a loser. Her family's story would make a good reality TV show. She missed her calling.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 1

Bill Nye is an idiot. If you think about it, ALL of our teaches in school went to college too lmao, and a lot of them were pretty freakin' stupid in all seriousness. Billy Nye is a govt shill joke. Loved his show as a kid, but hearing him talk about crap on the news stations as an adult he comes off as a moron.

• 3 weeks later...

Bill Nye is an idiot. If you think about it, ALL of our teaches in school went to college too lmao, and a lot of them were pretty freakin' stupid in all seriousness. Billy Nye is a govt shill joke. Loved his show as a kid, but hearing him talk about crap on the news stations as an adult he comes off as a moron.

yeah sure buddy keep on think like that.

http://www.cnn.com/2...tist/index.html

(CNN)Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin mocked Bill Nye on Thursday, using the premier of a film that criticizes climate change scientists to call into question Nye's credentials.

"Bill Nye is as much a scientist as I am," the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee said, according to The Hill. "He's a kids' show actor, he's not a scientist."

Right...

He (Nye) studied mechanical engineering at Cornell University (where he took an astronomy class taught by Carl Sagan)[9] and graduated with a B.S. in mechanical engineering in 1977.

After graduating from high school in 1982, Palin enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Hilo.[25] Shortly after arriving inHawaii, Palin transferred to Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu for a semester in the fall of 1982 and then to North Idaho College, a community college in Coeur d'Alene, for the spring and fall semesters of 1983.[26] She enrolled at the University of Idaho in Moscow for an academic year starting in August 1984 and then attended Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska in the fall of 1985. Palin returned to the University of Idaho in January 1986 and received her bachelor's degree incommunications with an emphasis in journalism in May 1987.[26][27][28][29]

I checked Google Scholar. They listed three books by Bill Nye. They also listed a whole bunch of books about him and his contribution to science and science education. I also checked Sarah Palin. They listed three books by her and a whole bunch of books about her. Neither has published a peer-reviewed article, so neither passes the peer-review acid test. Whether Bill Nye is more qualified in science than Sarah Palin is almost a dead heat - except for one detail. Bill Nye's work has contributed directly to science while Sarah Palin's has not. So the winner is: Bill Nye by a nose.

Doug

• Like 1

And to think, this woman ran for the second highest office in America...absolutely terrifying.

I saw her on TV speak before a Trump rally. I bet she'd accept VP with Trump if he'd ask! Now that would be real scary too!

Palin is a sack of ignorance that somehow gained a loose semblance of sentience and began wandering around. She's not qualified to comment on scientist qualifications.

Slime molds appear to have rudimentary intelligence, even though they lack a brain.

Doug

Slime molds appear to have rudimentary intelligence, even though they lack a brain.

Doug

She's on the level of slime molds, then.

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

She's on the level of slime molds, then.

No, at least slime moulds have a function.

Br Cornelius

Lilly, on 16 April 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

She was supposed to be the insurance that nobody would shoot John McCain.

Doug

Hilarious stuff !

Sarah Palin is a twit.

As a recognised twit, I strenuously object to being likened to Sarah Palin! :angry:

No, at least slime moulds have a function.

Br Cornelius

That's not very fair! Sarah Palin has a function, and that is to make slime moulds appear to be intellectual giants.

Edited by Leonardo