Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is happy?

barbco196

I think all of us have the goal to be happy. Is it possible to BE happy or is happiness just a fleeting emotion that is subject to circumstance?

• Like 2

I think all of us have the goal to be happy. Is it possible to BE happy or is happiness just a fleeting emotion that is subject to circumstance?

It is subject to circumstances, individual expectations, choice of social life, certain intakes of foods, the weather, and personality. The reasons are very varied and there are so many things which can make it happen or change it.

There are also some who are just born moany barstools and are actually happy that way.

• Like 3

A fictional dwarf - one of seven, I believe. :mellow:

Yes, and he was happy all of the time. I just wonder if that's possible. Or, to be happy most of the time? Can a person truly say, "I'm happy"? Or is it just, "I'm happy at this moment in time because my circumstances are to my liking"?

• Like 1

Yes, and he was happy all of the time. I just wonder if that's possible. Or, to be happy most of the time? Can a person truly say, "I'm happy"? Or is it just, "I'm happy at this moment in time because my circumstances are to my liking"?

He probably had a chemical imbalance in his brain! :P

But honestly, that is what "happy" is - brain chemistry.

• Like 4

You could ask it another way

Are you happy with your life?

With your current partner?

With your jobs or finance...

With yourself...

• Like 1

Well having gone through depression episodes and therapy. I was taught by my therapist and my neurologist it is chemical for the most part. You can with practice, train your brain to put out more happy chemicals. After doing that, I was put on a medication for my multiple sclerosis that eventually started making me depressed again. I went to my neuro's office and just broke down. He said, no more interferon for you and put me on a new medication. It was like this great weight of sorrow was lifted off me. Now when I am sad at least I have reason to be sad, (usually related to women) and I bounce back. But most of the time I am pretty happy. Nothing like a wonky brain to teach you how it works.

Happiness is just the right parts of your brain being stimulated. What causes those parts to be stimulated is different for everyone, but the parts are all the same. Achieving objective happiness would be as simple as stimulating that part of the brain via technology, when we reach that level of technological proficiency. Even if it's not objective right now, it will be eventually.

Happy - probably a state of mind help, but when caught up by different problems inherent to our programming, happiness become something different.

Can't be happy all the time, that would be great though!, but when it's in, life is a lot more easy! We are complex, miracle like people, our duality have us feel both polarities (joy / sadness), only my opinion!

Happiness is a fart in the wind, lasting only for a brief moment then it's gone.

So, how do you make a fart in the wind linger?

Edited by barbco196

Happiness is just the right parts of your brain being stimulated. What causes those parts to be stimulated is different for everyone, but the parts are all the same. Achieving objective happiness would be as simple as stimulating that part of the brain via technology, when we reach that level of technological proficiency. Even if it's not objective right now, it will be eventually.

I wish it were that simple.

I wish it were that simple.

Someday it probably will be. As I mentioned, it's all just brain stimulation. As our understanding of the brain increases, we'll likely find the objective source of all happiness.

Happy - probably a state of mind help, but when caught up by different problems inherent to our programming, happiness become something different.

Can't be happy all the time, that would be great though!, but when it's in, life is a lot more easy! We are complex, miracle like people, our duality have us feel both polarities (joy / sadness), only my opinion!

For sure. Doctors today are so quick to jump on the medication bandwagon, throwing even those that are 'situationally' depressed on meds. I think we're all a bit bi-polar. I think that is part of being human.

• Like 3

To be a tad serious. Happiness is a state of mind. If your thoughts are bent on negative thinking all the time, thus shall your perception of life be. If you've trained yourself to always look on the bright side of life. Thus will be your reality. You'll handle the unfortunate events a lot better.

11caa543902cfd71ebc07178c521c177.jpg

• Like 2

Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

"If life's a piece of sh|t, when you look at it, there's something you've forgotten - and that's to laugh, and smile, and dance, and sing"

:tu:

• Like 2

You can't. You can only enjoy the moment till it passes. :whistle:

Or hold a blanket over your partners head so they can be happy too.

• Like 2

To be a tad serious. Happiness is a state of mind. If your thoughts are bent on negative thinking all the time, thus shall your perception of life be. If you've trained yourself to always look on the bright side of life. Thus will be your reality. You'll handle the unfortunate events a lot better.

11caa543902cfd71ebc07178c521c177.jpg

Being serious: I'm not alone with my 'happy is fleeting' line of thinking? Everyone has ups and downs, right?

• Like 2

And sometimes happiness comes from not sharing. :tu:

Being serious: I'm not alone with my 'happy is fleeting' line of thinking? Everyone has ups and downs, right?

I just spent 4 years in a down zone. Finally coming up from it. So we all have ups and downs.

And sometimes happiness comes from not sharing. :tu:

I just spent 4 years in a down zone. Finally coming up from it. So we all have ups and downs.

Luckily, my farts don't stink since there's no one around to smell them. Four years is a long time. What do you think brought you out of it?

Luckily, my farts don't stink since there's no one around to smell them. Four years is a long time. What do you think brought you out of it?

Willpower. I wanted better.

• Like 1

Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

"If life's a piece of sh|t, when you look at it, there's something you've forgotten - and that's to laugh, and smile, and dance, and sing"

:tu:

Where has this movie been my whole life?! I must see it!

• Like 1

I think the majority of happy is how we are wired.

I think the next biggest influence on happy is the quality of our close relationships.

Lastly I think esteem and material comfort bring up the far rear.

• Like 1