Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost soldier' photographed lurking in woods

Brian Topp

A mum has captured a clear snap of what looks like a ghost soldier in a candid family picture of her young son and daughter taken on a walk.

Gerri Moran took the creepy snap on her mobile phone while out walking along a disused railway line - but didn't spot the eerie ghost soldier until she got back home.

The 34-year-old mother's two kids were running through a wooded area close to the River Foyle, near the Derry/Donegal border when she captured the spooky snap, Belfast Live reports.

To see the image and read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ghost-soldier-photographed-lurking-front-7762924

• Like 2

Ghost soldier in the woods

• Like 1

Errrr....no.

I bet seconds before that kids face was right in front of the camera and it's a time lapse fault.

Edited by Redefining Success
  • Like 1

Looks like an app was used but I can't seem to find the one used.

If it was a ghost, how did she determine it was a soldier? Could have been Mary Poppins for all I know. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

That is not a soldier. It is clearly a member of the Russian synchronized swim team.

oly_g_synchronized-swim_mb_576.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like light filtering trough the trees, I can make out "eye sockets" and a "nose", but I don't think it's anything paranormal. These kinds of things are easy to fake on a mobile phone.

And how do they even know it's a soilder? Looks more like a deformed baby face.

Edited by AustinHinton

Looks like another poorly exposed picture from a light starved cellphone camera much like 99% of alleged paranormal images out there.

Im not seeing a face, but the full profile of someone that does resemble a soldier. From the ground up two boots, pants and his right arm hanging to his side and can see his chest, head and hat. Because it looks so clear I would say it's likely one of those ghost apps. Funny though in the close up of the photo they zoomed in just below the soldiers shoulder line leaving the head out of the image, and it does look like a face now. The power of pareidolia I tell ya.

Edited by EnderOTD

I don't see anything. I see the splotch that is what I'm supposed to be seeing, but I just don't buy that it is anything other than weird lighting or camera artifacting.

I don't see anything. I see the splotch that is what I'm supposed to be seeing, but I just don't buy that it is anything other than weird lighting or camera artifacting.

It's obvious that you didn't see anything, because the ghost of the soldier was camouflaged. :D

Im not seeing a face, but the full profile of someone that does resemble a soldier. From the ground up two boots, pants and his right arm hanging to his side and can see his chest, head and hat. Because it looks so clear I would say it's likely one of those ghost apps. Funny though in the close up of the photo they zoomed in just below the soldiers shoulder line leaving the head out of the image, and it does look like a face now. The power of pareidolia I tell ya.

Now that you point it out the full body 'apparition' does seem more believable than the large 'face', which I think is definitely a case of pareidolia. But then I think the full body is probably that as well!

Look suspiciously in effect like the many previously busted ghost app "ghosts" that the English tabloids continually publish articles about.

• Like 1