Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

St Georges day cancelled due to immigrants

seeder

And another council...

Birmingham will NOT have St George's Day Festival in 2016

http://www.birmingha...es-day-11153663

Edited by seeder
  • Like 6

So maybe the Queen shouldn't have public birthdays, better yet....lets cancel Christmas in case it offends our 'guests'

Hey... when in Rome.... do like the Romans do.....

cancelling UK traditions is NOT the way to encourage integration...

Hey, you can hardly call a celebration that has been in effect since 1222 Anno Domini an established or traditional cultural affair.

But I am with you. It is your Rome, people who are offended by it can speak about, complain or just learn to go along to get along. But shelving a 794 year old tradition just because people are too lazy to learn the tongue of land seems rather, well, god damned silly.

• Like 7

But the councils found it OK to celebrate St Patrick's day....

• Like 6

The UK spent centuries conquering empires, and now they are just giving their own homeland away?

You have had seeds growing from the inside, and now they are bearing fruit.

The Trojans should have burned the horse.

• Like 8

Do you have recourse to impeachment?... I'd sure as the Dickens throw the lot out on their fat bottoms - either now by way of impeachment or recall or whatever - or later during elections...

• Like 2

What can I say.....

I know what I would say......... being a family forum and all I am not sure it is permitted.

• Like 2

Aren't people tired of PC? Let's just speak frankly. It has nothing to do with there being 91 different languages. Just one intolerant ideology.

• Like 8

I think its unwise to be so tolerant as to change traditions....

Hey I wont smash your windows for celebrating Ramadam, Diwali.... I wont get too phased when searching for radio stations and find MANY foreign language radio stations, broadcast from WITHIN the UK....

I wont get peed off when I see the Chinese celebrate THEIR New Year in 'our' town centres....

Or Yom Kippur,

Or whatever else people feel they have a RIGHT to celebrate....

so just you dont try changing my traditional celebrations.... this is the home of the Brits

Edited by seeder
  • Like 7

Imagine the day..... that even the Christian religion teaches, (or is MADE to preach).......NOT that there is ONE god....

but many tribes and many Gods? I mean where does it all end?

• Like 3

Sadly multiculturalism has ruined many a country, Empire, and is at it again.

• Like 5

This isn't multiculturalism though, that's all cultures together - that's Vietnamese people cooking Mexican food, selling it to Welshmen on their way to a Greek Paniereri festival in a Japanese car in Australia - this is cultural cowardice, people being afraid of being called racist because they're proud of their culture and wanting to share it with others.

• Like 7

This isn't multiculturalism though, that's all cultures together - that's Vietnamese people cooking Mexican food, selling it to Welshmen on their way to a Greek Paniereri festival in a Japanese car in Australia - this is cultural cowardice, people being afraid of being called racist because they're proud of their culture and wanting to share it with others.

Agreed.

But what is really funny about this whole panda-abortion is that people embracing multiculturalism forget that their culture was there first.

It might be flawed, imperfect and devoid of class. BUT, it is still their culture.

If you are gonna let the other *******s in your nation be proud of who they are (most of them ruined their own countries and had to leave for that very reason) then you should take a day to reflect upon why your country is great. And why all those ****-breed-b******* want to be in your nation rather than their own.

• Like 4

Maybe the people in favour of St George's day should reclaim the day as well as the symbols from the racists who defile it. Maybe the silent majority should step forward? Just like the Muslims should fight against extremist Jihadists?

Edited by Likely Guy

Holy crap, this is yet another express.co.uk news source.

The truth is somewhere in between.

FGS mate...do some research or just stop shooting from the hip...

try the LOCAL source

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-multicultural-St-George-s-Day/story-29167059-detail/story.html

• Like 2

Canada was built on multiculturalism.

Good country. Prove me wrong.

Edited by Likely Guy

FGS mate...do some research or just stop shooting from the hip...

try the LOCAL source

http://www.bristolpo...tail/story.html

The twig is "too multicultural", the branch is that St. George's day (as well as the trappings) is being usurped by racists and xenophobes. If I was you I'd be more worried about them representing me..

• Like 1

The twig is "too multicultural", the branch is that St. George's day (as well as the trappings) is being usurped by racists and xenophobes. If I was you I'd be more worried about them representing me..

I suppose we will forever be left wondering if St. G killed the big D from in country or if D's passport read visa stamped from overseas.

And what is worse? Placing into the ground the native monster or the imported beast?

• Like 3

How's that multiculturalism going in Likely, BC? What are the demographics there bud?

Multiculturalism is where people of different heritages come together and learn the adaptive host culture and in cases and in time, merge new traditions (as opposed to replace) with appropriate elements of older cultures all while keeping the flavor of the host culture. Kowtowing to complaints by one culture is not multiculturalism. I.e. if you want to immigrate to France from Syria, then your one goal in life is to become French, not go on a Hijrah.

• Like 3

How's that multiculturalism going in Likely, BC? What are the demographics there bud?

Out of 300 people? About 3 Filipinos, maybe 15 Cambodians, 15 or more Chinese and maybe 15 or 20 others (largely Native, Slavic). The rest of us are white as rice and appreciate their input.

• Like 2