Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great War

Taun

I've been binge watching this youtube "show" for a while now, and it's fascinating to me...

Basically, the man in the vid is reporting the events of WWI week by week - exactly 100 years after the events... He is now of course 2 years into his project and

has approx. 250+ 7 to 15 min episodes... Fascinating stuff, and a really cool way to present the history of this massive event...

I would really like to get the opinions of some of the more savvy historically prone posters as to his show...

• Like 4

I both like and respect the sheer amount of content he has already produced and am amazed that he moves forward with this huge project as well.

I also appreciate that he pronounces the names correctly.

But, I also think he could spend more time on some of the things he skims. Battle of Tannenberg was pretty much skimmed over. I felt he could have devoted an entire episode to it, because it is a fascinating conflict in the early war period.

Overall I will watch his stuff. And do enjoy it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hew_Strachan

• Like 3

He does do "Specials" - but I agree - I also wish he would go into much more detail on some subjects... This is more of a 4 year long "Overview"...

• Like 1

WE need more of people the likes of him ... we do ~

• Like 2

hadn't heard of it until now. i guess i got something to do today, now!

and probably tomorrow, and the next day, and...

it looks really neat, is what i'm saying

• Like 3

hadn't heard of it until now. i guess i got something to do today, now!

and probably tomorrow, and the next day, and...

it looks really neat, is what i'm saying

Hope you enjoy it!... While he's a bit light on detail, it's just very unique to see how the events occurred in relation to other events - time wise and cause and effect...

• Like 1