Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sharper images of Beagle 2 on Mars revealed

UM-Bot

Researchers have succeeded in enhancing the images taken of the ill-fated probe's final resting place.

Developed by a team of British academics and headed up by the late Colin Pillinger, Beagle 2 was an ambitious, low-budget spacecraft designed to be carried to Mars as part of ESA's 2003 Mars Express mission where it would detach, descend and land on the planet's surface.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/293929/sharper-images-of-beagle-2-on-mars-revealed

• Like 1

better than the "UFO pics" we get here....

• Like 2

Scott Waring is no doubt almost wetting himself finding more HIGH DEF alien skulls, doorways, tanks... and Martians... :lol:

And Oh no! :no:

But great images nonetheless..

• Like 1

It's Swamp gas...

Edited by qxcontinuum

So we finally get an article showing an amorphous blob on the surface of a planet without the word "pareidolia" in it and it's the fuzziest one yet, but we somehow know that these clumps are a particular probe and that it has been damaged no less.

I'm wondering if "parei" means double and "dolia" means standard.

Looks like J'onn J'onzz weight set to me.

Hey , for years it was just a mystery on if it made it to Mars or not . Years ago some speculation was an in flight collision or craft propulsion system failure had occurred sending it spinning in to an unknown direction . At least we know it made it .

Who cares where it is as I'm sure it's nothing but a multimillion dollar paperweight now. Let's see some high resolution images of the Martian landscape complete with waving alien crabs... :sleepy:

So we finally get an article showing an amorphous blob on the surface of a planet without the word "pareidolia" in it and it's the fuzziest one yet, but we somehow know that these clumps are a particular probe and that it has been damaged no less.

I'm wondering if "parei" means double and "dolia" means standard.

That fact that we have trajectories and a last known place of transmission makes all the difference here. We were looking for a "blob" in that location, we didn't find one and start guessing what planet it might have come from or what sort of alien it might be.

• Like 2

So is the wreckage site 3 meters across or 10 feet across...

Might be a problem in converting the units there.... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

• Like 1

So is the wreckage site 3 meters across or 10 feet across...

Might be a problem in converting the units there.... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I thought it was the Mars Climate Orbiter that failed because of the mix up with units. Beagle 2 failed because it was made from pizza trays. Mind you, no expense was spared and Teflon-coated trays were used!

• Like 1

I thought it was the Mars Climate Orbiter that failed because of the mix up with units. Beagle 2 failed because it was made from pizza trays. Mind you, no expense was spared and Teflon-coated trays were used!

Exactly so. Thanks for the correction/update.