Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women Must Sign Up For Draft

susieice

It's looking like women will have to sign up for the draft, should the policy be implemented in the future.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/28/congress-moves-require-women-register-draft/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

I am more than positive there will be plenty of exemptions to get them out of serving as front rank meat shields protecting our precious drones.

Imagine the evening news with three dozen dead lady soldiers (hundreds more mangled beyond recognition) and 1 smashed drone. Nobody would stand for it. That poor innocent drone.

• Like 2

It's funny this was even a topic not long ago and got very few replies...

And the everyones exactly the same warriors made very few comments and the ones who did didn't exactly want things to be equal lol

• Like 3

I wouldn't be too worried, the draft was abandoned a long time ago.

I'm was ok with women on the front lines. I was only discouraged to learn that the average woman sometimes had trouble throwing a grenade out of blast range. Personally, women just aren't physically fit as men. But back line work in a war zone is ok. Nurses, humanitarian ect....

Edited by xxxdemonxxx

The next world war won't last long enough for there to be a draft. Anything less won't require one.

• Like 1

Women don't belong anywhere near the military.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

Well, with equal rights come equal obligations. Or did women think they were in for a free ride.

@acid: I have seen more competent women in the military (especially among the lower ranks... because in my time there were not so many) than competent men. So I must disagree with you.

• Like 4

And now we wait and see if they wanted equal treatment or special treatment.

Careful what you ask for.

• Like 1

The draft doesn't exist, but the selective services requirement to sign up for it does.

• Like 2

I've served with some extremely capable women.

So?

Yea but those types of women are rare. Drafting women to go to war is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Heck the back lash alone telling a few million fathers their little girls are gonna have ak47's put in their hands and sent out to fight will be astounding. Who ever voted for this has rocks for brains.

The Canadian army have hired a lot of women in WWII, they were doing the paper work so more men were free to fight at the front. I would think, in the advent of WWIII (quite speculative at the moment), that they will find use of extra hands in clerical and supply jobs. The extremely capable women will get to the front, the rest will take the less risky jobs.

In WWII, the princess Elizabeth of Britain was driver (she would become Elizabeth II), I would see jobs in the same spirit for the less capable women.

Edited by Gingitsune
  • Like 2

Yea but those types of women are rare. Drafting women to go to war is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Heck the back lash alone telling a few million fathers their little girls are gonna have ak47's put in their hands and sent out to fight will be astounding. Who ever voted for this has rocks for brains.

I sure hope it's not ak47's...that would indicate we've already lost.

The draft is just a contingency. It hopefully will never happen, but if it did, the draft does not automatically equal combat troops. My Dad was drafted in Viet Nam, and luckily never got close to the front lines.

Yes it should, but they should still be able to pass the minimum requirements for service. Equality is a double edged sword.

• Like 1

Either way we boys had to when we turned 18, now with women serving in combat rolls its only equal that they should have to as well.

• Like 1

Well... Good. Bout darn time we were included. Though I may or may not agree with other folks here on what roles women can or should have in the military.... I think we are at an age in our nation where it is rather unfair to require men to sign up, but not women.

• Like 1

The Canadian army have hired a lot of women in WWII, they were doing the paper work so more men were free to fight at the front. I would think, in the advent of WWIII (quite speculative at the moment), that they will find use of extra hands in clerical and supply jobs. The extremely capable women will get to the front, the rest will take the less risky jobs.

In WWII, the princess Elizabeth of Britain was driver (she would become Elizabeth II), I would see jobs in the same spirit for the less capable women.

The Soviets had quite a few women in combat positions, such as fighter pilots, tank crews and snipers. Lydia Litvyak downed 12 German planes and Lyudmila Pavlichenko killed more than 300 german soldiers as a sniper.

It is also important to remember that in a modern army only around 20 % (or less) are actual fontline personel, the rest serve in supporting roles.

• Like 1

It's interesting to see how this is playing out. I'd enjoy seeing the bureaucrats (thanks, spel chek) who fan the flames get an equal part in these endeavors as well. It ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son. For that matter, I'd like to see the stock holders and CEOs that our country fights to make wealthy saunter up to the front lines as well.

To Hell with it. Put me in, Coach. I'm ready to play.

I really should turn my radio off while I'm posting...

:hmm:

AK-47's, huh? The USA does not have the AK-47 in it's arsenal. Women want to fight to be allowed in combat roles, women can be told they have to enter the selective service. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Right now canadian women serve in all roles from fighter pilot to infantry grunt.

• Like 2

I've served with some extremely capable women.

So?

The US Military will now be a mixture of one and all. You can call me old-fashioned, but I still believe the uniform should be the uniform.