Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

German Populists Forge Ties with Russia

bmk1245

Moscow's Fifth Column: German Populists Forge Ties with Russia

The right-wing populist, anti-refugee Alternative for Germany party is establishing ever-closer ties with Moscow. Now, the AfD's youth wing has forged an alliance with the youth movement of Putin's party United Russia. The AfD is also courting Russian-German voters.

Marcus Pretzell is waiting. He's a member of the European Parliament with the right-wing populist party Alternative for Germany (AfD) and he's sitting on the podium at the Yalta International Economic Forum, an event hosted by the Russian government at a resort on the occupied Crimean Peninsula. Pretzell has been seated directly next to the moderator. The AfD politician, who is head of the party in North Rhine-Westphalia, its largest state chapter, is the guest of honor from Europe. His presence is intended to send the message that Russia is not internationally isolated.

For the hour and a half during which Pretzell sits on the stage, he's little more than a wallflower. Through his headphones, he listens to an interpreter translating the words of an illustrious group of top Russian officials who few German politicians would be keen to share a stage with. Five of the eight panel members are on the sanctions lists of the European Union and the United States for their involvement in the illegal annexation of Crimea. They include men like Sergey Aksyonov, prime minister of Crimea, and Yevgeny Bushmin, a close confidant of the Kremlin leadership.

The panel host then finally asks Pretzell to speak. "We at Alternative for Germany represent not only a threat to the Ukrainian government, but also to the German government," he proudly announces. The audience applauds. He then goes on to say that good economic relations with Russia "are in the interest of the German people" and that sanctions should be lifted immediately. The applause grows. In Russia, the moderator adds, people have the impression that the German people are of the same opinion as Pretzell. "Marcus, you have made 140 million new friends today."

[...]

arrow3.gifRead more...

I can't understand why far righties are having wet dreams about Putler's Russia... They don't realize that after Ukraine, next target will be Baltics, then Poland, and then Germany. Freakin' morons...

Ehm, yes, and it has been going on for quite a while. In fact, about every xenophobic and separatist movement or party gets aided by Moscow. So this is news because....?

Ehm, yes, and it has been going on for quite a while. In fact, about every xenophobic and separatist movement or party gets aided by Moscow. So this is news because....?

No news here, but I still can't wrap my head around it...

No news here, but I still can't wrap my head around it...

Well, it is very simple, all those populists think that once on top they can break free of Putin's embrace. Which certainly is a very stupid thing to think.

But then again: people who saw on the branch they are sitting on can't be very smart to start with.

• Like 1

Well, it is very simple, all those populists think that once on top they can break free of Putin's embrace. Which certainly is a very stupid thing to think.

[...]

Reminds me of something... Yeap, 1930's...

[...]

But then again: people who saw on the branch they are sitting on can't be very smart to start with.

Sad, but true.

the Russians are coming..!!!!

the Russians are coming..!!!

Oh help help --- we must start a world war immediately and millions must die.....and the world turned into a smoldering mess ---

Or ----- we could just be friendly towards Russia, like we are towards America and other countries...

Bit of a no brainer really...... :D

• Like 1

Yes, bee, all your country had to do in 1940s was showing some more friendliness to Hitler.

I'm sarcastic, of course. Hitler thought of your nations as 'cousin' nations, while Putin has no such romantic thoughts.

• Like 1

Wow - that didn't take long for ''Godwin's Law'' to rear it's head...... :w00t:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

]Godwin's law[/b] (or Godwin's rule of Nazi analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"[2][3]—​​that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism. The first utterance of such comparison is called the Godwin point of the discussion.

Oh help help --- we must start a world war immediately and millions must die.....and the world turned into a smoldering mess ---

Or ----- we could just be friendly towards Russia, like we are towards America and other countries...

Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine... How much more you have to have to wake up, huh? For f's sake, open freakin' history textbook, and read through 1930-1939 events in Europe. Are you that blind?! Jeez...
  • Like 2

Yes, bee, all your country had to do in 1940s was showing some more friendliness to Hitler.

I'm sarcastic, of course. Hitler thought of your nations as 'cousin' nations, while Putin has no such romantic thoughts.

Yeap, Hitler was "a good guy", until...
  • Like 1

Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine... How much more you have to have to wake up, huh? For f's sake, open freakin' history textbook, and read through 1930-1939 events in Europe. Are you that blind?! Jeez...

no I'm not blind - I do not buy your simplistic anti Russia propaganda - and I do not accept comparisons between Putin and Hitler -

political shenanigans --- :sleepy:

Russia should just take back all the old soviet states, their ailing economies and inclusion back into the Russian Federation would bankrupt Moscow. and peace once more reigns in Western Europe, and we declare victory in the Thaw War.

Wow - that didn't take long for ''Godwin's Law'' to rear it's head...... :w00t:

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Godwin's_law

[/font][/color]

I wonder why.

Just because of the cult of absolutist ruler just slightly above militaristic cult, aggression on neighbouring countries, ideology of world domination and nationalistic supremacism, among other coincidental similarities, doesn’t mean Russia today shares anything in common with Germany back then.

Of course not. It’s just mean Poles, Balts, Ukrainians, significant number of Russians too, and that Godwin guy, who are smearing your dear leader’s apostolic image.

Oh, and everyone who doesn’t find Russia today a model society worth implementing in their own home.

So shut your eyes tighter.

no I'm not blind - I do not buy your simplistic anti Russia propaganda - and I do not accept comparisons between Putin and Hitler -

political shenanigans --- :sleepy:

Really? You don't accept? What "defend greatest nation" slogans tells you? What "exclusive, most enlightened nation" rhetorics tells you, huh (remember 1930's in Germany)?! When single protesters being jailed, while thugs, egging children for learning their true history, being patted over the shoulder, what you call that, huh?!... Putin's lap dogs, destroying arts, you call "shenanigans", huh?

Russia turned into fascist state, and you still adore that?! Exactly what was before WWII... Hitler is a good guy, look, how he raised Germany's economy from the ashes...

No wonder, russkie comedians are making fun of westerners: stupid and naive morons...

• Like 2

Russia should just take back all the old soviet states, their ailing economies and inclusion back into the Russian Federation would bankrupt Moscow. and peace once more reigns in Western Europe, and we declare victory in the Thaw War.

Wow... Just wow... You may loose quite capable allies...
  • Like 1

May Day Musical Interlude ----- ;)

Full video of Vladimir Putin playing the piano and singing "Blueberry Hill". The Russian prime minister is used to taking to the stage, but this time it was not for one of his speeches. Vladimir Putin made his audience sit up and take note, as he sang at a charity fundraiser.
  • Like 2

Neat...

Almost as good as

"Die Fahne hoch! Die Reihen fest geschlossen!

RA marschiert mit ruhig festem Schritt.

[...]

Schon flattern Putinfahnen über allen Straßen.

[...]"

• Like 1

Is there no ends to this man's talents, from KGB assassinations, Annexing former Soviet territory, wrestling brown Bears, and now this, playing the Piano and if that wanst enough singing, and he puts a cherry on it by putting two fingers up to the West. what a guy. :innocent:

• Like 3

Is there no ends to this man's talents, from KGB assassinations, Annexing former Soviet territory, wrestling brown Bears, and now this, playing the Piano and if that wanst enough singing, and he puts a cherry on it by putting two fingers up to the West. what a guy. :innocent:

Indeed --- ^_^

Interesting to see American actors Goldie Horn and Kurt Russell enjoying Putin's performance at the charity event --- don't they know they should be very afraid of him and should insult him, shun him and try to provoke him like all decent good Americans, British etc should -- sheeesh - didn't they get the memo -- :innocent:

• Like 1

I like Putin - he's a cool cat.

• Like 2

It is well-known that the AfD has some sort of affinty with Putin as well as many other similar parties in Europe and obviously also the Trump-camp in the US.

It is also no secret that all the extreme left parties throughout Europe have strong ties to moscow.

What I find more remarkable is the fact that quite a lot people from the German establishment are worshipping Putin as well. Former chancellor Schroeder is the best example and there are numerous others as well.

• Like 2

It is well-known that the AfD has some sort of affinty with Putin as well as many other similar parties in Europe and obviously also the Trump-camp in the US.

It is also no secret that all the extreme left parties throughout Europe have strong ties to moscow.

What I find more remarkable is the fact that quite a lot people from the German establishment are worshipping Putin as well. Former chancellor Schroeder is the best example and there are numerous others as well.

Even in the political sense, love can’t be bought, only sex. So the Putinophilia will last for only as long as the Moscow money flows the way it used to.

(Trump exempted, I don’t think he was paid for his services, it looks like it could be true love.)

• Like 1

Even in the political sense, love can’t be bought, only sex. So the Putinophilia will last for only as long as the Moscow money flows the way it used to.

(Trump exempted, I don’t think he was paid for his services, it looks like it could be true love.)

And the money will flow as long as they are useful idiots for Putin. Just ask the Eastern Ukrainians.

• Like 1

It is well-known that the AfD has some sort of affinty with Putin as well as many other similar parties in Europe and obviously

also the Trump-camp in the US.

What I find more remarkable is the fact that quite a lot people from the German establishment are worshipping Putin as well.

Former chancellor Schroeder is the best example and there are numerous others as well.

I do not worship Putin, who is a kind of beast of course, but from a German point of view it is fact that he never caused strange

problems here in Germany and for us Germans, on the contrary. Russia is a very good and faithful partner in various fields, e.g.

commercial and science, since decades already and even if the relationship got a little bad during the last years due to (stupid)

sanctions against Russia, its a political noncritical situation.

On the one hand, we sanctioned a country (Russia) that took action to protect one of its main army harbours (Sevastopol) but on

the other hand we still sell military equipment for billions of USD to fascistic islamic regimes like Saudi Arabia, means countries

where the Sharia is established and executed by public executions, public torture and mutilation. So, our leaders seem to have

double moral standards but like to explain to us, what we have to accept as to be right or wrong, compatible to their agenda/s.

And as for Schroeder+Putin, there is nothing wrong with that friendship. These guys talk to each other on a private basis and you

can be sure that these talks (with the liberal Schroeder) can have more positive influence on Putins politics than any UN and/or

G8/20 or whatever meeting can bear.

• Like 2

The sickest thing about the completely ridiculous comparisons between Putin and Hitler - is that NATO? America/EU? some shady group working behind the scenes? - look like they might have a long term plan to carry on where Hitler and the Nazis left off -- and at some point, when the opportunity is created (hence the events in Ukraine) -- invade Russia? --- or attempt to invade Russia and get possession of the land and resources -

this certainly would explain the relentless anti Russia/Putin propaganda that we are subjected to -- we are probably being primed, gradually engineered to accept the unacceptable ---

???