Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Well water a suspected cause of cancer

questionmark

MONDAY, May 2, 2016 -- Arsenic in drinking water from private wells may explain the elevated bladder cancer risk among people in three New England states, a new study suggests.

Bladder cancer rates in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont have been about 20 percent higher than the national rate for more than 50 years, the researchers noted. They said this difference was not explained by factors such as smoking or job exposures.

"Arsenic is an established cause of bladder cancer, largely based on observations from earlier studies in highly exposed populations," said senior study author Debra Silverman. She is chief of the Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology Branch of the U.S. National Cancer Institute.

Read more

Just when you thunk you are doing something for your health....

• Like 2

Oh dear, time they need to get their wells looked at.

Interesting to know people in New England are still using wells. Reminds me of my grandma, but she never got cancer.

Possible sources of arsenic in the wells include natural release from rock deep in the ground and pesticides widely used on crops between the 1920s and 1950s,

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2016/05/02/Well-water-a-suspected-cause-of-bladder-cancer-in-New-England/4111462233246/?spt=hs∨=hn

Pesticides....no surprises there.

Man is the cause of cancer because of the **** they have been and still are putting in products.

I have said the research by the cancer research companies include ways of finding a way for humans to live with these poisons, they already know what is causing the cancer, but it is very unlikely the companies are going to stop producing goods, this is because the demand is high and profits are good and quite frankly, many people do not care what is in their products or what their new tech gadgets are emitting, they just want it and will only listen about the dangers once they have been diagnoses with cancer.

Its a sad world and I can not see a way out of this mass poisoning in the near future.

when it comes to pesticides, and the decomposition products thereof, it does not matter how healthy you live: all it takes is a neighbor with a big tractor and some spraying equipment.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

I believe this only because there was a few houses in my neighborhood that had well water

And the women got cancer 1 passed and 2 lived and they lived close to each other,

So something is goong on with well water and this happend in the early 90's

Edited by coolguy

when it comes to pesticides, and the decomposition products thereof, it does not matter how healthy you live: all it takes is a neighbor with a big tractor and some spraying equipment.

I remember going for a walk with my husband and the boys ( 2 dogs) and we passed by a field which was doing exactly that, the field was on the other side of the river, but boy, it was time to get out of there pretty quick as soon as it started. :cry: