Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK seeks to go it alone in space

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 24 March 2003 - 08:43 PM

Scientists hope to send a satellite into deep space to study solar influences on climate change.

The Earthshine mission would showcase British expertise and provide vital data on climate change.

Principal investigator Mike Lockwood believes going it alone will deliver answers more quickly than joining forces with other nations.

"The need is to get the data quickly," he told BBC News Online. "Science has moved to a point where people are asking questions now that we can't answer because we don't have the data."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2880845.stm                                                  

#2    CASTOR

CASTOR

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

• "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." -George Bernard Shaw

Posted 26 March 2003 - 12:49 AM

sounds good to me. seems things are going wrong all the time and thats just money we dont have to spend. and if they get some cool info, they will share it anyway. so why not.

CASTOR                                                  

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users