Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

War Protesters

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#16    Hobo

Hobo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 01:01 PM

I am neither joking or exaggerating when I say that the killing wont stop until I am dead. These people are terrorists, and their destruction, should they assemble in my neck of the woods, will be my lifes goal.

Terrorist = One that engages in acts or an act of terror

would not threatening a group of people make you a terroist?

i dont see how you having a different opinion makes you mentaly superior, your unwilingness to accept that others may think differently says something else entirely.

btw: i hope a heated argument has not led you to you decision to make a hiatas, after all they are only words...                                                  

Edited by Hobo, 28 March 2003 - 02:18 PM.

#17    Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2003 - 01:19 PM

Many of these so called 'peace' protestors who are against the war  are runnig around rioting in their countries causing trouble with the police etc. so it is a bit ironic that the very reason they are marching for they can't adhere to.                                                    

#18    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 01:20 PM

Sorry, the above post is mine, I forgot to log in.                                                  

#19    Hobo

Hobo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 01:52 PM

id like to add that once someone starts to destroy property, acting violently, what have you, they are no longer a protester, but a criminal taking advantage of a situation. and they should be treated accordingly.                                                  

#20    CASTOR

CASTOR

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

• "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." -George Bernard Shaw

Posted 28 March 2003 - 02:26 PM

is this what it has come to? arguing about arguments made in an argument!! mad.gif
dear friends, family members, etc.... are dying right now!. as we speak. does anyone disagree? if you were in HELL, as they are,would you like to think that people are behind you? or would you rather think that americans are arguing in a forum about a things that they cant control. what everyone needs to do right now is hit their knees, and pray to GOD that we win this war. the protests are wrong. before, they were ok. now its wrong. lets leave it at that. hostility * hostility= more hostility, and hard feelings. supports the troops, dont bash the President, stand as a nation that has pride. we are only as strong as our weekest link in the chain.

CASTOR                                                  

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

#21    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 02:36 PM

Stock purchase tip: I heard that the companies that make those plastic hand cuffs can't keep up with the demand. My idea of irony is to fine all the arrested unruly protesters $1000. and direct that money toward the war effort. And as for post war protesting, if you try to talk me out of a fight before I start you are my friend but if you harass me while I'm fighting....you're my enemy.

#22    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 02:39 PM

umm. this is exactly why its so hard to fight wars as a democracy.  

i agree with you, Castor, but you can't demand that others do.  people aren't arguing about things they can't control, since in a democracy we choose our leaders.  if you don't think this argument matters, youre mistaken.  just wait until the next election if this war is still going on, and i guarantee you will see just how these arguments show up there as well.                                                    

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#23    Hobo

Hobo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 02:41 PM

argument is a major component of democracy, we are over there sacrificing our young people for our safety, but also to give the iraqis the ablity to argue and to stand up and say that 'i have my own opinion'.                                                  

#24    CASTOR

CASTOR

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

• "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." -George Bernard Shaw

Posted 28 March 2003 - 02:46 PM

NO NO NO, im saying that you cant go out and just stop the protesting. that you cant stop. and if you think voters control whats going on, you live in a dream world. but i think we do see eye to eye on a lot of things and i enjoy your thought provoking ideas. do you have an IM on AOL? if so, i am on all the time and would like to discuss topics frequently. mine is      maverick27hoya

CASTOR

ps. what is up with that lady from the dixi chicks(however you spell it) saying what she did about our President?                                                  

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

#25    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 06:09 PM

ya, voters control nothing.  we are really controlled by old white men who meet every so often in hidden rooms in London and talk about global domination while sipping tea.  

i guarantee you that if this war goes badly, Bush and all those Republicans will not be back in Washington- but im just going to continue living in my dream world.   mad.gif

im glad that Dixie Chick said how she felt.  it doesn't bother me at all.                                                    

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#26    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 28 March 2003 - 11:56 PM

War is not the answer. This war could of been resolved in 1991. If Bush snr. lived up to his deal - if the ppl stood up to Saddam they would be given aid by America. Since he didn't live up to his deal, they lost 'faith' in America and put their faith back to Saddam.

I was reading the commentry to 'The art of War' by Sun Tzu and there was a case in which a chinese general (not SunTzu) took over a city without killing a single person. All he did was told the ppl that he would help them and give them homes if they joined him. He lived up to his word, by helping them, and he took over the city.                                                  

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#27    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 20 August 2003 - 12:07 PM

actually, we need both types of people

we need the people that are supporting our troops

We also need people that watch out for our country

thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

#28    Sukato-San

Sukato-San

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

• I defend the honour of Aga Reimei High School!

Posted 20 August 2003 - 04:29 PM

This is the time to support the coalition forces in Iraq - not to parade around complaining about a decision that has already been made.

Couldn't agree more!

Que linda me la traiga Cuba,
la reina de la Mar Caribe.
Cielo sol no tiene sangre ahi,
y que triste que no puedo vaya,
Oh va, oh va, va.

#29    lil_kanga77

lil_kanga77

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 11:12 PM

Anyone have any views on what Mike Moore said?

I recently saw Bowling for Columbine and all the bonus features on the DVD.

The world needs more people like him, in my opinion.

#30    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:02 AM

actually, we need both types of people
we need the people that are supporting our troops
We also need people that watch out for our country

Those are the same kinds of people. Those that support the troops also support and watch out for the country. If you don't support the troops you don't support the country.

Anyone have any views on what Mike Moore said?

Michael Moore is a left wing, anti-American extremist, who happens to be one of the most hated men in the U.S.  I make no apologies when I say the world would be better off without him.  

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users