Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Biggest Movie Mistake ever

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 07:34 PM

signs starring mel gibson

it was PANTS....                                                  

#17    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 08:02 PM

i like the way that the adverts for the DVD say that it is a film filled with suspence and exitement.

suspence - -yes

exitement - -where?                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#18    racerette

racerette

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 11:43 PM

Yes, a movie is 15 dollars here. Needless to say I don't go out to see many because I'd be broke. If I want popcorn and  drink it's another $10.  Expensive! Renting is cheaper at $7!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif                                                  

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

#19    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 31 March 2003 - 11:59 PM

Can't say as I blame ya, darling, I don't think I'd ever pay $15 to see a movie, either.  tongue.gif  Your snack prices are similar to ours, though. ohmy.gif  Rentals here run just under $4.00, that includes the DVD versions, which are so much better than the tapes.  smile.gif                                                    

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#20    racerette

racerette

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 12:20 AM

I know Magik...I only go and see a movie if I hear that it's a super spectacular ,amazing, nothing ever like it seen before you have to go!! kinda movie....or if my date is paying biggrin.gif
but seriously..just under 4 dollars to rent?? i don't know what I could buy here for $4.00  Maybe a pop? A couple of chocolate bars??  WOW, I'm moving. biggrin.gif                                                  

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

#21    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 04:11 AM

i really liked signs.... but im not overly concerned with every aspect of a story.  i just watch movies to be entertained smile.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#22    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 12:53 PM

Just a quick note for Magikman and racerette, you are talking in different currencies.  Once you apply the exchange rate, the prices are similar.  

However, if you are lucky enough to live in a test market like me, you can see any new movie for $8.00 Canadian or about $5.00 USD.  The catch is that there are no reduced prices for students, children or seniors.

#23    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 01:00 PM

we pay about 5 to see a film and then its another 5 for the food each.  although it can vary.                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#24    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 01:14 PM

yes it's a fact here in the uk,if you want to go to the cinema to watch a movie,

you have to see your bank manager  for a loan  laugh.gif                                                  

#25    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 10:41 PM

LOL @ Big steff

I'd agree with you about Signs, there is basically no storyline and what a stupid ending,

Castaway starring Tom Hanks is really boring with no plot aswell.

#26    wolfsinger

wolfsinger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 01:00 AM

Yeah, there r a lot of crap movies out there.....
What surprises me the most is that good producers and directors even bother to make the movie even if there is no plot and is probably more bad for you than drugs!!(Drugs can kill you slowly, but those long and boring movies with no plot kill you even slower....Pure torture)                                                  

I've been everywhere and still Im standing tall, I've seen a million faces and I've ROCKED 'EM ALL!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users