Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where do we go after we die?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1    thug007

thug007

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:15 PM

I was just wondering after we die what's next?

#2    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:17 PM

Depends. If you get burried, you rott in the ground. If you get burned, you probably lie in a small urn or get sprinkled on a nice lake. Maybe some people get frozen and mummified.

#3    Hotoke

Hotoke

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:24 PM

judging by your name you will probably go to hell

So you have come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness! Behold the endless abyss! Within it lies the heart of all worlds

#4    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:25 PM

laugh.gif Good one.

#5    Subtemperate

Subtemperate

Sub-b-wonderful

• 9,966 posts

• I made a spelling mistake and sold my soul to santa.

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:38 PM

...After I die, im going to a taxidermist.... grin2.gif

"Not only do I not know the answer, I don't even know what the question is" - Metallica

Posted Image

#6    thug007

thug007

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:48 PM

no, I mean is this the end or do we move on to somewhere else?

#7    seeking

seeking

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Unthinking faith would be a good question to ask the creator of the human mind.

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:50 PM

yea, you move on into the ground or into an urn, didnt burnside answer that?

Posted Image
"Religion has no place in public schools the way facts have no place in organized religion."

#8    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:51 PM

I stand by my answer.

#9    Hotoke

Hotoke

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:51 PM

nobody knows what happens.

So you have come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness! Behold the endless abyss! Within it lies the heart of all worlds

#10    kzkid

kzkid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

mellow.gif  what ive always wondered is (which would be something interesting and i hope that happens) , when we die.. either in another realm or in our subconscious mind, we sit down and watch our whole life...

i dont know how, but maybe in a more realistic example.. watch a video of our life where we can fast forward or rewind to certain events.. or just sit back and watch your whole life from the day you were born to the day you have died...

it could be a possibility in the subconscious mind, i mean though our body is dead and our brain is dead.. doesnt mean our memories die off with it.... who knows..  hmm.gif

#11    thug007

thug007

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:53 PM

don't play with fire you might burn yourself

#12    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:02 AM

kzkid , that was always my fantasy. My heaven.
Getting to sit down infront a big 10-screen wall, each screen showing different things like one would show my life through my eyes and another would show my life through someone elses eyes etc etc.
Then i could get a neverending box of popcorn, sit down with a few friends and we could all go through each others lives.
Wouldn't that be swell.

#13    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:07 AM

No one knows. It is a very personal answer that you are going to have to come to on your own. many different religions have different takes on what happens, and as Burnside pointed out some people believe nothing at all happens when we die.

I do not know what happens. I hope it is something nice like getting to become a part of a cosmic consciousness and knowing everything, everywhere, for all time, but who knows...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#14    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:08 AM

Agreed. Everyones answer is different, for they believe different things. Since no one knows, and i mean NO one knows, you'll have to come up with your own conclusion.

#15    LuQy

LuQy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:25 AM

I know exactly where people go after death, that's where I am from BUT I've been lucky enough to be given a second chance... All I can say is that you will be amazingly surprised tongue.gif   I can't say more than that or else it would spoil the surprise lol  laugh.gif plus If i do say what happens then I get sentenced to perdition crying.gif

If you don't believe in the hereafter, what exactly are you here after ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users