Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where do we go after we die?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#106    Skeet Ulrich

Skeet Ulrich

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:06 AM

You'll be questioned by two huge creatures who ask you who your God, prophet, and religion are and if they don't like your answer they beat you with hot iron rods for some time unless The Guide comes and saves you. After that, an ugly guy and handsome guy sniff you for good and bad deeds. You go to sleep resting your head on The Guide's lap and wake up to be constricted to the size of a tea kettle to squeeze black oil (sin) out of you. Then, you walk really far and this annoying creature attempts to misguide you on the journey. Eventually, you'll end up in the Valley of Peace until The Big Day and then you'll go to Heaven after crossing a razor sharp bridge, Hell or the Heights to wait for Heaven. In general, the life after this one is unimaginably horrible and for most people it will clearly be the most horrible time of their existence. If a living being saw how the soul is removed from the body, the person would never smile again.

#107    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:09 AM

A Big BIG question ...Impossible to answer but for those interested here are 3 sites that look at Death from different angles but all come to the same view ..That our consciousness does survive and go on......

http://www.nderf.org/

www.victorzammit.com

www.worlditc.org

#108    Col. Kurtz

Col. Kurtz

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

• God told me to skin you alive.

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:28 AM

In the ground or in the furnace do not pass go and do not collect 200 dollars.

Hey Joe ,,where you goin with that gun in your hand??

#109    kirby677

kirby677

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 05:18 AM

Ok ok... I dont want to cause any contravursee (never learned how to spell that word), but I remeber seeing this documentary on Discovery about the after life. They talked to people having near death expereinces. They saw there life flash before there eyes, they see themselves lie on the ground, and they remeber going to either heaven or hell. The cool part was, this person was killed. She was dead for about an hour, see? They managed to bring her back to life, and when she came back, she said "I was in heaven." I honestly cant beleive it myself, but hey. This is whant you asked. Right? huh.gif

#110    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:14 AM

I assume you are asking for opinions since know one can provide concrete proof.  So, in my opinion, what we experience as reality while we are alive is much diferent then the reality after death.  I believe you will continue on after death but your "life" seem so insignificant compared to your "new" understanding that you will have a good chuckle  original.gif   This is of course assuming you reached some enlightment during your lifetime.  Otherwise, you may just have to do it all over again... and again... and again.... and again....

#111    Winged_Embrace

Winged_Embrace

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• Wonder once and the world is yours for the taking.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:31 AM

*laughs* why does that remind me of 'groundhog day'?
we could actually already be dead and are simply reliving our entire life in the seconds that our brain still fires.

I am darkness. I am shadow. I am the Ruler of the Night.
I, alone, stand between mankind and those who would see mankind destroyed. I am the Guardian. The Soulless Keeper. Neither Human, nor Devil, I exist between the Realm of the Living, beyond the Realm of the Dead.
I am the  Shadow-Seeker. And I am eternalunless I find  that one pure heart who will never betray me. The one whose faith and courage can return my soul to  me and bring me back into the light. I am Solitude. I am Sorrow.

#112    Adam2006

Adam2006

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• From the seed of doubt grows the tree of fear- me

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:56 AM

I hope their is something like 'ascension' where we can see all that was and is, in full knowledge of the entire universe, but we mustnt touch. I have always thought of this and as i have said in another topic, life is energy and energy cannot be destroyed, but it must be transformed. yes.gif As a child i used to lay and try and think of what death is like, in the sense of nothingness, darkness. It always felt extremely diffucult to grasp, and was a very difficult sense to imagine. But when my physical body does die, i want it to be fired into space in a 'space coffin' , to be preserved forever in the vaccum, until i crash that is.  alien.gif

The things hardest to see are often the things right in front of you

Posted Image

#113    mrhamblee

mrhamblee

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:15 AM

I was just wondering after we die what's next?

it all depends on what your comfortable with.

when my father died, in my eyes, he is no longer mourned by the living or the dead and for him i have never existed. he has simply ceased to exist. for him there is no him, no soul, no mind, no space, no time, no flesh, no bone, no earth, no heaven, no hell, no god. he only exists in my memory and the memories of those he knew and his image is captured in a few photographs.

This community has its problems, those of you living in the "RealWorld" i emplore you to help them..

#114    Mr.Dot

Mr.Dot

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

Here is the simple truth about everything  happy.gif

There is only one energy that builds up everything in this universe, and therfore we all are this energy and in some sense you live all the lives, you just wont know it. So every life is incredible just like this one.  yes.gif rofl.gif It will start, and then it ends. We are all the same.

Edited by ImAlien, 02 January 2007 - 04:24 PM.

#115    TheOmni

TheOmni

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:39 AM

I would like to take a moment to talk about this term, I have gone through many nights with the question of where will I go after I die the pain is unbeleiveable just to think about it, panic suppresses my mind. I would think that when we die we just go to the abyss like going to sleep not feeling anything or thinking anything just lying there for an eternity. But then again science comes into this term think about it, the term Evolution has not been proven scientist cant find how chemical evolution evolved us into what we are today, every specie is different so if we did not evolve from past organisms where did we come from? you must beleive that there is a great master of the universe a God. If you read the bible there is no biased facts everything that the bible scientifically states is a fact and you cannot find a scientifical error in the bible. Scientists have made billions of studies and still cant find where humans come from. Think about it all these earth features are perfect for us to live on. I had questions about if a God does really exist, now I beleive because if I do not beleive in him what hopes do I have then? and even if there isn't a God I will not question his existance because he gives me something to beleive in. Beleive what you want but until the day we die comes, then will you know.

Edited by TheOmni, 14 March 2008 - 01:47 AM.

#116    vikstar

vikstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

To all those ppl who say that before we are born, we remember nothing hence there was nothingness and so after we die we return to nothingness well

We don't remember anything when  we were 1 or 2 yrs (1 or 2 days old as well) old but still we were we.... ie we were alive.

Although I wouldn't like to live this or view this life again after I die, if I have any choice

Also to all those who are interested in pure scientific research on survival after death GO HERE:

http://www.esalenctr.org

Enjoy the night

#117    TheOmni

TheOmni

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:37 PM

Well as to why we felt nothing before we were born. That's just a theory think about it would your mind at that early in your life be capacified to have the intelligence you posses today? at that early in our lives we didn't know anything and I remember up to when I was 1 and a half. All I remember was playing with my little sister and chasing her after that all I remember is nothing just black, and that's how I would feel everything when I was an infant I was there I could feel things I just didn't have the intelligence to comprehend them. That's why we dont remember anything at that age because we didn't know what something was. As we grew older our brains developed all these feelings, emotions, and as we grew up our brains would remember up to date events that's why when you were 5 you could remember what happened to you but when your 20 you can't. The brain is like a recycle bin that gets rid of unnecessary things and the impact that event had on you would be with you in your memory forever, because you thought it was necessary to keep. But if it didn't have a great impact on you then it would be thrown away. Like that moment where I remembered playing with my little sister I dont know why it was necessary to keep but my brain kept it and it will be with me forever.

#118    Foongus

Foongus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 170 posts

• It's not who you are underneath; it's what you do that defines you.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

Honestly, no one knows. Its impossible to answer, because the only way to know is if youre dead. Lots of people believe that after your dead, your dead, and nothing happens. Others believe that you go to Heaven(If youve been good on Earth), a place to be happy for eternity.(Or Hell If youve been bad on Earth) This is good to believe because it causes people to be good on Earth, hoping for something better after death. It depends on your religion what you want to believe in.

Ѐņ ߀خ Ί∩خ

#119    vikstar

vikstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:11 AM

"Well as to why we felt nothing before we were born. That's just a theory think about it would your mind at that early in your life be capacified to have the intelligence you posses today? at that early in our lives we didn't know anything and I remember up to when I was 1 and a half. All I remember was playing with my little sister and chasing her afterthat all I remember is nothing just black, and that's how I would feel ev'erything when I was an infant I was there I could feel things I just didn't have the intelligence to comprehend them."

All I remember is I used to have really horrific dreams (like dogs biting me!) when I was somewhere between 1-2 years old and I used to wake up crying and then back to bed again sleepy sleepy after seeing my mother. The horrific dreams went away after those years. Strange but I think I used to be scared to death in my dreams hence feelings, emotionality in dreams at that age.

#120    vikstar

vikstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:24 AM

Here is the simple truth about everything  

There is only one energy that builds up everything in this universe, and therfore we all are this energy and in some sense you live all the lives, you just wont know it. So every life is incredible just like this one.   It will start, and then it ends. We are all the same.

Interesting point, as soon as the energy comes into play, there must be something after death cuz energy can only be transferred. Though I don't really believe in god but I do believe in reincarnation and to some extent karma (I didn't used to believe in karma but I have seen somethings happen).

Althought I would like to make this point about reincarnation: Sure your soul/consciousness transfers, but as a person you are still dead, finished, so it sorta goes both way: survival after death and not so so much either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users