Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where do we go after we die?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#46    whoa182

whoa182

Poltergeist

• 2,710 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:53 PM

The sad truth is.

YOU DIE>

Then there is NOTHING, you wanna know what nothingness was like.

How was not being around for 20 billion years, Did you care?

What about, how did it feel not being around 4.5 billion years when
earth was formed.  again,  Did you care?

Merry christmas . grin2.gif

happy holidays

or watever the **** u celebrate  thumbsup.gif

Edited by whoa182, 24 December 2004 - 11:58 PM.

Posted Image

#47    thug007

thug007

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 12:57 AM

I disagree i read a part in the bible it said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever belives in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
-John 3:16

#48    whoa182

whoa182

Poltergeist

• 2,710 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(thug007 @ Dec 25 2004, 12:57 AM)
I disagree i read a part in the bible it said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever belives in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

View Post

The bible is man made tho. It was not written by GOD himself.

AND what if someone claimed that god speaks to them today and he wrote a book,  Would you take every word litrually?

The bible was nothing more than a book of LAW, to control people lol

Posted Image

#49    Putte

Putte

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 12:19 PM

I totally disagree with the people saying "here's what happen, end of story".

As so many other people already stated, nobody knows. If find it relly sad should there be nothing else after this. Makes life kinda meaningless, since you're gonna die anyways, right?

Wrong.

If there is in fact no afterlife, the time here is all we have. The point must then be to make the best of it, for yourself, and hopefully for the people around you. Now is what matters, not what happens later.

That goes even if there's an afterlife as well. Nobody knows what kind of afterlife will come, and if what you do in life matters then. So if what you do in life won't matter in the afterlife, make the best of it here and now.

The conclusion is to stop worrying. You'll die eventually, nothing to do about it. Make the best of your time nutil then.

QUOTE(whoa182 @ Dec 25 2004, 12:56 PM)

View Post

You look at this the wrong way. This is straying the topic a bit, but the Bible wasn't made to control people. It was made to give hints on how to have a good life. Control? You choose how to live your life, nobody else does.

#50    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(thug007 @ Dec 25 2004, 11:57 AM)

View Post

No offense, but it seems the only reason you started this thread was to be reassured that there is in fact an afterlife, preferably a paradise.

I think you need to do some research yourself, both religious (unbiased, ie don't ask a priest or a devoted Christian) and scientific (same), and make up your own mind.

#51    BRT

BRT

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 01:08 PM

If you have read such books as Mark Fisher's "Instant Millionaire", you know that people who live their life fully cool.gif are not afraid to die, no matter if there is an afterlife or not.

Therefor those who are afraid to die, they just do not live their life full enough.
They have betrayed themselves and their plans to the routine.

As for no facts that prove afterlife, and what about NEDs and OBEs?
Of course, some can be written off as hallucinations, but yet... happy.gif

Was it king Solomon who had a ring with a writing on it?
"Everything passes, so will this."

So why worry about something that will pass?

Edited by BRT, 25 December 2004 - 01:26 PM.

#52    LuQy

LuQy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(whoa182 @ Dec 25 2004, 12:56 PM)
The bible is man made tho. It was not written by GOD himself.

AND what if someone claimed that god speaks to them today and he wrote a book,  Would you take every word litrually?

View Post

The Bible, Torah, Quran etc... are virtually impossible to write without any kind of divine intervention, especially considering the intelligence of the time they were written in. OK maybe they were books written by humans BUT surely the words and laws came from a much more divine entity. Personally my holy book states things such as life starting from water, there are parallels with the big bang theory and other stuff about the sun, moon and earth having all their own orbits etc... which we only came about to discover recently. There are many miracles both mathematically and theoretically as well as the poetic fashion of the literature of the holy book which somehow I doubt will be impossible to imitate so I rest my case..!!  mellow.gif

If you don't believe in the hereafter, what exactly are you here after ??

#53    LuQy

LuQy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(ThePortal @ Dec 24 2004, 07:18 PM)
I tend to agree with Mad Manfred on this one.....just imagine 2 seconds not beliving in any kind of afterlife, let it be with a God or not. No reincarnation, no heaven, no Nirvana...no nothing.

You lead your life, suffer, go to work every day, make money, eat ,sleep, go to work again to survive. Work all your life like an maniac and when its done....NOTHING ....In this type of thinking your are nothing, you live now, then it is done. Your gone.

Personnaly I would have a hard time going to work everyday, striving to survive like a maniac if I did not have faith that there was an afterlife. All that bullshit for nothing   laugh.gif

So I think it takes more guts to lead a life believing that there is nothing when you die, then if you believe there is an afterlife.

View Post

Hmmm interesting comment BUT I still stand firm by my opinion because an atheist really doesn't have to oblige to any code of ethics or laws, whereas somebody like me is constantly under pressure to abstain from drinking alcohol, eating certain foods, smoking etc... we also have to read daily prayers as well as refraining from fornication and base desires, and many other prohibited things, some of which I find very difficult to stay away from and always feeling guilty afterwards... So I guess end of the day it boils down to personal opinions and even if an atheist does have it harder I still don't think they would get the same satisfaction as a believer

If you don't believe in the hereafter, what exactly are you here after ??

#54    whoa182

whoa182

Poltergeist

• 2,710 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 04:05 PM

how can a person be free if they have to worship god?

to be free. you worship no1

Posted Image

#55    Putte

Putte

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(whoa182 @ Dec 25 2004, 05:05 PM)

View Post

Wrong. To be free, you worship whoever or whatever you, presonally, decide to.

Saying you have to worship nobody is a kind of control.

#56    BRT

BRT

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 04:29 PM

You worship the god within you... wink2.gif

#57    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 25 December 2004 - 05:22 PM

Not everyone believes the bible knows what its talking about...

The Bible, Torah, Quran etc... are virtually impossible to write without any kind of divine intervention, especially considering the intelligence of the time they were written in.

How so?

OK maybe they were books written by humans BUT surely the words and laws came from a much more divine entity. Personally my holy book states things such as life starting from water, there are parallels with the big bang theory and other stuff about the sun, moon and earth having all their own orbits etc... which we only came about to discover recently. There are many miracles both mathematically and theoretically as well as the poetic fashion of the literature of the holy book which somehow I doubt will be impossible to imitate so I rest my case..!!

Which holy book do you speak of? I know many people that interpret things different ways... Norman here think that the bible talks about aliens, for example. Plus, there is many other explenations than "god".

Hmmm interesting comment BUT I still stand firm by my opinion because an atheist really doesn't have to oblige to any code of ethics or laws, whereas somebody like me is constantly under pressure to abstain from drinking alcohol, eating certain foods, smoking etc...

Oh yes, cuz, we all know that atheists are not bound by the law.
rolleyes.gif

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#58    whoa182

whoa182

Poltergeist

• 2,710 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(Putte @ Dec 25 2004, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE(whoa182 @ Dec 25 2004, 05:05 PM)

View Post

Wrong. To be free, you worship whoever or whatever you, presonally, decide to.

Saying you have to worship nobody is a kind of control.

View Post

Not really.  because when you start reading the bible.  God states that you MUST worship him or you dont go to heaven n all that.

So you see.  that isnt exactly being free is it.   Where you have to do and believe everything the bible says.

if GOD wanted freedom he would say.  believe in me or dont, you will still go to heaven.

But god says that you have to believe in him to go to heaven.  that is  control

Edited by whoa182, 25 December 2004 - 06:02 PM.

Posted Image

#59    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 25 December 2004 - 06:41 PM

Yes. Using your logic, Putte, people in SH's regime were free also. They could badmouth him all they wanted (they actually could) but they were tortured/killed because of it.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#60    BRT

BRT

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:04 PM

if GOD wanted freedom he would say. believe in me or dont, you will still go to heaven. But god says that you have to believe in him to go to heaven. that is control

Let's not forget that Bible was re-written and edited by god-know-whom during 2000 years, so probably now it is rather far from original and what we now know as "christianity" is more like induction the feeling of guilt to make people more sheep-like.

w00t.gif

Edited by BRT, 25 December 2004 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users