Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where do we go after we die?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#61    Putte

Putte

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:22 PM

You're missing my whole point.

If you're free to choose, you're free. I think we all can agree on that. If you, while being free, choose to believe in the Bible, are you still not free? You've had the possibility to choose once, and you still have the possibility to choose. You believe in something that by some people is something that controls you, but it's still your choice.

Stellar, I fail to see the similarity of this logic and Saddam Hussein. Care to enlighten me?

#62    LuQy

LuQy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(BRT @ Dec 25 2004, 08:04 PM)
Let's not forget that Bible was re-written and edited by god-know-whom during 2000 years, so probably now it is rather far from original and what we now know as "christianity" is more like induction the feeling of guilt to make people more sheep-like.
w00t.gif

View Post

BUT the Quran/Koran has not changed a single iota since it was revealed..??

If you don't believe in the hereafter, what exactly are you here after ??

#63    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:51 PM

You're missing my whole point.

If you're free to choose, you're free. I think we all can agree on that. If you, while being free, choose to believe in the Bible, are you still not free? You've had the possibility to choose once, and you still have the possibility to choose. You believe in something that by some people is something that controls you, but it's still your choice.

Stellar, I fail to see the similarity of this logic and Saddam Hussein. Care to enlighten me?

Well, you're saying we're free, right? Well, if the bible is true, then we're not free like you portray, because if we dont choose the biblical god, we're going to hell. Sure, we can still choose to not believe the bible and biblical god... Just as the Iraqis were free to badmouth Saddam Hussein all they wanted.... But again, if they do, they're tortured/killed for it.

BUT the Quran/Koran has not changed a single iota since it was revealed..??

No one ever said that... where'd you come up with that? It changing too doesnt suddenly make things alright...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#64    Putte

Putte

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(Stellar @ Dec 25 2004, 08:51 PM)
Well, you're saying we're free, right? Well, if the bible is true, then we're not free like you portray, because if we dont choose the biblical god, we're going to hell. Sure, we can still choose to not believe the bible and biblical god... Just as the Iraqis were free to badmouth Saddam Hussein all they wanted.... But again, if they do, they're tortured/killed for it.

That is assuming the Bible is true, and you don't believe in it. For the Iraqi people, they knew very well what is true and not in their case, they never had to doubt it.

If I say the Bible is false, nothing will happen to me, because I don't even believe there is some kind of punishment for not believing in it after we die.

This is all just twisting the words though, we won't get very much further on it here, and we've strayed from the original topic.

#65    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:43 PM

That is assuming the Bible is true, and you don't believe in it. For the Iraqi people, they knew very well what is true and not in their case, they never had to doubt it.

It doesnt matter whether the bible is true or not because we're assuming it is in this case.

If I say the Bible is false, nothing will happen to me, because I don't even believe there is some kind of punishment for not believing in it after we die.

But if the bible is true and you say its false, you're violating one of the 10 commandments.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#66    whoa182

whoa182

Poltergeist

• 2,710 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:43 PM

We are never truely FREE if a God exists.  Because he will punish you if you dont believe in him.

If a GOD doesnt exist. only then are you free.

anyway, thats what I feel.

Edited by whoa182, 25 December 2004 - 10:45 PM.

Posted Image

#67    educated cAVEmAN

educated cAVEmAN

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:28 PM

this question is easily answered for religios people...i find THEY are the ones taking the easy way out..those who beleive nothing happens are the ones who have more to live for really...i am atheist so i beleive wen we die..were dead and gone...what i dont get is like 100 year old people who cling to life like crazy...yes i was sad wen my grandmother died but i know that it will be my fate as well...but if i end up being wrong about religion then ill be screwed and have an eternity to "think about what i did"

We are never truely FREE if a God exists. Because he will punish you if you dont believe in him.

i fell the same...its the whole "you are gods sheep" thing...do you really wanna be a sheep?

what ive always wondered is (which would be something interesting and i hope that happens) , when we die.. either in another realm or in our subconscious mind, we sit down and watch our whole life...

i dont know how, but maybe in a more realistic example.. watch a video of our life where we can fast forward or rewind to certain events.. or just sit back and watch your whole life from the day you were born to the day you have died...

it could be a possibility in the subconscious mind, i mean though our body is dead and our brain is dead.. doesnt mean our memories die off with it.... who knows.. 

if this is true will we see it from our eyes or someone elses?

Posted ImageIll get you...and it'll look like an accident

#68    BRT

BRT

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(whoa182 @ Dec 25 2004, 08:43 PM)

We are never truely FREE if a God exists.  Because he will punish you if you dont believe in him.   

I believe that we are god. That we all are pieces of god and our destiny is, sooner or later, to blend with the whole god.  

Therefor, potentially, we are free. The only limits are within ourselves.

Now why would the whole god want to punish a piece of it, if it starts behaving in a certain way? To me, it sound like this idea was made up by people to control other people, sometimes maybe in their best interests.

innocent.gif

#69    LuQy

LuQy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:40 AM

Like i've said previously it is incomprehensible for mankind to understand the existence of god, you have to remember that we're only one of his many creations and that there are far more superior creations than us such as angels and spirits (jinns) that exist in different realms/dimensions to ours. I find some humans very annoying when they just give up on something merely because they don't understand and thus they don't believe in it... I believe those that are atheist have been blinded by their own ignorance and lack of mental strength to have a firm conviction in faith, to them, only seeing is believing... I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion though so let it be.... rolleyes.gif

If you don't believe in the hereafter, what exactly are you here after ??

#70    Q-La

Q-La

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• much to learn for a small cranium

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:08 PM

Your state of consciousness explode or implode?

Qrious at a healthy and happy level.
Examine and study the body
Analyse the mind
But the heart escapes scholarly devices

Verbal violence is the defense of those who think they know enough
You are what you choose yourself to be and you will find out who you are with what you do

#71    kzkid

kzkid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:41 AM

i grew up to believe for myself that when one person dies, somewhere in the world, at the exact same moment, another life is born.

#72    SilverRain Queen

SilverRain Queen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

• Fear does not exist... it must be created...stop creating it!

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(whoa182 @ Dec 25 2004, 12:43 PM)
We are never truely FREE if a God exists.  Because he will punish you if you dont believe in him.

View Post

YEP....with a GOD...there are rules and expectations from you.

Mind you....if he kept us as pets....it wouldn't be so bad LOL

Be ready for the Paradigm Shift at the Quantum Level....

SilverRain Queen
Empathic Diviner

#73    patelvipulk

patelvipulk

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:18 PM

There is a nice book  ( free -- online) titled  "Life Beyond Physical Death"  based on Hindu beliefs on what happens after death.

This book can be downloaded/read from:

http://www.awgp.org/english/books/life_death.pdf

Hope you enjoy the book..

Vipul..

#74    what!!!

what!!!

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:19 AM

Where do we come from before we are born?  And where do we return to? Before we are alive we exist in a place that prepares us for this life.  The final prep is in our mothers womb for the next 9 months before we exist here.  Everytime we die, we advance to the next level like we do here on earth.  From a baby, pre-school, to junior high then high school, from young age to an old age ect.  Life levels! Our life force is like the electricity in a wall socket, our bodies are like say, a lamp.  When the plug is in the socket, we are on and when the lamp dies and is thrown away, (our death and burial in the ground) the electricity is still on in the wall waiting for another lamp or another electrical device to enter the socket to begin to flow into.
If you don't believe me wait till you die, you'll see.....

#75    stealth_alert

stealth_alert

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:04 PM

i dont know how, but maybe in a more realistic example.. watch a video of our life where we can fast forward or rewind to certain events.. or just sit back and watch your whole life from the day you were born to the day you have died...

it could be a possibility in the subconscious mind, i mean though our body is dead and our brain is dead.. doesnt mean our memories die off with it.... who knows..  hmm.gif

God! I don't fancy watching my WHOLE life again.  Only the good bits.  If we have to watch it all again, the worst bits I'd have to endure AGAIN would be my mother's guilt trips which I've been trying to shake off for the last few years.  To watch myself go through all that again would only make me feel angrier than I do already over it!

So, in this case, kzkid, I hope you're wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users