Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

evp

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    smallpackage

smallpackage

This sentence will end now.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures.
    -Ron Paul

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:16 PM

I looked back a few pages and couldn't find a topic that I once saw. But you guys know me by now, I'm blind as a bat.

I was watching the news and saw a commercial, about this new movie that was coming out (EVP) and starting thinking about it again.
Do you guys think that it is real or even possible? I don't see how it is. I'd like to try it, but our house is too noisy.

Edited by smallpackage, 24 December 2004 - 06:17 PM.

#2    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

• It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Posted 24 December 2004 - 08:15 PM

You could always try it when you house isn't noisy (3am, 4am, etc) and see what happens.

I personally have doubts about EVP's from the recordings I've heard. They could be caused by anything.

Oh, and Link.

#3    Aquaryus

Aquaryus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Peaches...

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:35 PM

I finally did my first EVP in Gettysburg...

I hate to hear myself on tape, so I delayed my turn for weeks... finally, two weekends ago I did it... We were in a group of 9 and 6 of the group hiked up the mountain near Pickett's Charge... I stayed behind with an older gentlman that goes with us and my friend's husband, Steve.. Steve was in my car going through pictures and Dave, the older guy, was standing outside with me.. I grabbed the recorder, laid it flat on my hand, and thought I was recording... I came up with an idea to introduce myself by name and to just talk casually to any spirit that might be out and about... I started with "My name is Brandy, is there anyone out this evening who would like to chat?"  I walked back to my car then to listen to what I had... I didnt have anything because, like the goofball I tend to be, I wasn't recording... Steve showed me how to use the recorder then, and when I went back to the spot I was recording, I started with my introduction... There is five seconds of recording before I started talking... in that five seconds, there is a very clear voice saying "Brandy, help me!"  It creeped me out because if I could, I would help, but I can't...  While it's amazing that this may be a ghost, it's also sad for me... In the same area, we got an evp that says "Pennsylvania can't save your ass for sh*t."

We've found that when the guys in our group do an evp, they almost always get sworn at... The girls tend to get pleads for help, or are told to leave... it's very interesting...

"It lurks in the dark. Such an elusive beast. Silly we are to try and ignore creatures that have no place in the animal kingdom. Or do they? Ignorance or fear? You decide..."- Me

Posted Image

#4    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,483 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 25 December 2004 - 05:16 AM

The other night on the PBS channel , Nova did a three hour story of the String Theory, the mathlamatical proof of the nature of the universe.  It shows how a number of universes co exist next to us, but with small differences. Now EVP and some of the other paranormal events may simply be over lap, leakage, something from this parallel space. And be because it happens at a slightly different frequency only some people and animals can see it. yes.gif   Yes-maybe?

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#5    RelicHunter

RelicHunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

• I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

Posted 25 December 2004 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE(ROGER @ Dec 25 2004, 05:16 AM)
The other night on the PBS channel , Nova did a three hour story of the String Theory, the mathlamatical proof of the nature of the universe.  It shows how a number of universes co exist next to us, but with small differences. Now EVP and some of the other paranormal events may simply be over lap, leakage, something from this parallel space. And be because it happens at a slightly different frequency only some people and animals can see it. yes.gif   Yes-maybe?

View Post

Very interesting.  When are they gonna reair it?  Do you have any links that have more info?

#6    shadowcat

shadowcat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself." -Charles Dickens

Posted 26 December 2004 - 06:37 PM

FYI, the movie that is coming out is called White Noise, and it starts January 7th -I've had plans to go and see it opening night for months now.  
I've heard some EVP's that are complete crap, and others that are clear as a bell, and very creepy.  I've never been successful in capturing one - but then again, I don't have the best equipment for it, either.

I've always heard that if you want to be successful in capturing an EVP, you need to have something running (ie, a fan) so that the "spirit" has something from which to draw energy.  Also, you need to be nice and ask permission wink2.gif

#7    KornFreak

KornFreak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• 'Your halo's slipping down to choke you out'

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:37 PM

OK.. I've always been interested in the Paranormal. From ghost to bigfoot to aliens. But evps are the freakiest by far!! Until last month I was interested, now i'm down right obsessed! lol I actually recorded a few here at my home. Now that this movie 'WhiteNoise' is coming out.... i better ease up huh? Anything is possible..... thumbsup.gif   Korn!!!!!!!!  

www.aaevp.com<~~~  this is an awesome site with both EVP examples and video to TV recording.  blink.gif

[edit-fixed link]

Edited by Tommy, 27 December 2004 - 10:10 PM.

"she's turning blue, what a lovely color for you"

#8    Minister Of Emotions

Minister Of Emotions

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:54 PM

Evps are cool.

Edited by Minister Of Emotions, 27 December 2004 - 09:29 PM.

#9    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 01:24 AM

White Noise is gonna be so cool, I cant wait til it comes out. As for EVP's I can understand how a majority of them could be from anything, but there are some that are just too creepy. And if the place they were recorded at has a rep for being haunted, sometimes the EVP's will fit in w/ the stories. So I believe they're possible and real. Cool site btw KornFreak thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#10    riotboy555

riotboy555

Psychic Spy

• 1,509 posts

• Quick, for God's sake, cut off the lights.

Posted 27 December 2004 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(~TheBigK~ @ Dec 27 2004, 01:24 AM)
White Noise is gonna be so cool, I cant wait til it comes out. As for EVP's I can understand how a majority of them could be from anything, but there are some that are just too creepy. And if the place they were recorded at has a rep for being haunted, sometimes the EVP's will fit in w/ the stories. So I believe they're possible and real. Cool site btw KornFreak thumbsup.gif

View Post

nof course its gonna be awesome, Batman's coming out in it!!

"We're here to rock you all, no matter what you believe in."-refused
*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details. :(

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." - Friedrich Nietzsche

#11    shadowcat

shadowcat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself." -Charles Dickens

Posted 27 December 2004 - 03:13 PM

Here is an EVP caught on one of our investigation.
Hope you enjoy it 

That EVP was pretty cool!  I'm impressed!  What kind of recorder were you using?

#12    Minister Of Emotions

Minister Of Emotions

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 09:11 PM

That EVP was pretty cool!  I'm impressed!  What kind of recorder were you using?
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

It was just a little Emerson tape recorder

Edited by Minister Of Emotions, 27 December 2004 - 09:30 PM.

#13    zudo

zudo

Psychic Spy

• 1,279 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:18 PM

yay, I need to try that... maybe I can find the ghost of christmas past wink2.gif

In all the infinite wisdom, none lies in a group, in all infinite power, it lies in the biggest group.
-Islam Sharabash
Aka
Zudo

#14    Seethe

Seethe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:02 PM

Has anybody ever tried (or heard of anybody trying) digital evp? My mp3 player has a record function and a built in mic, it might be interesting to see if I can get some ghostly noise on it.
I remember getting some pretty interesting sounds on audio tape just because I recorded music on the same tape too many times or had a cassette player with a dirty head or whatever. It's a little harder to get latent noise on a hard drive.

Edited by Seethe, 27 December 2004 - 11:02 PM.

#15    KornFreak

KornFreak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• 'Your halo's slipping down to choke you out'

Posted 28 December 2004 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(~TheBigK~ @ Dec 26 2004, 06:24 PM)

View Post

try this one too  www.coasttocoastam.com   bye!! alien.gif

"she's turning blue, what a lovely color for you"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users