Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs, mediumship and the paranormal

UM-Bot

At one point in the history of America the belief in spiritualism was as strong – and as controversial – as the belief in UFOs is today. And a demonstrable parallel can be drawn between the two topics, which even seem to attract some of the same people across the various paranormal research fields – more so in recent years as increasing numbers come to accept the reality of UFOs as being at least partially of a paranormal or supernatural nature.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=303087

I stopped when the initial claim was made namely "..increasing numbers come to accept the reality of UFOs of being at least partially of a paranormal or supernatural nature".

Say what???

1. UFO stands for Unidentified... How in hell can Unidentified things have a 'reality'?  That is just nonsensical hogwash.

2. The author offers NOTHING to back up the claim of 'increasing numbers' believing said hogwash.  I don't have any numbers either, but judging from what I see here and at other less skeptical forums like GLP and ATS, the number of UFO=alien/whatever supporters is rapidly dwindling, in line with the reduction in any decent reports. (and given that we monitor the skies more closely than we ever have and every tom/dora/harry carries a camera in their phone, the reduction in sightings means we are obviously identifying almost everything nowadays - the sightings are going down, when our ability to record them is probably doubling each year?).

The 'halcyon days' of believing in clandestine alien visitation are over, in my opinion.

Silly premise, not wasting my time to read further.   Perhaps I should write an article.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2017 at 0:40 PM, ChrLzs said:

[...]

1. UFO stands for Unidentified... How in hell can Unidentified things have a 'reality'?[...]

There are 'alternative facts', after all... Why not 'alternative reality'?

One can chuckle... What kind of weed Moore is smokin'? Others might be on something even stronger...

• Like 1