Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Blair Witch?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    TigerMeanie

TigerMeanie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• Born In Hull, Live In Hull, Die In Hull

Posted 02 April 2003 - 09:44 AM

After seeing the film afew years ago i looked around the web to see if it is actually true. Some of the stuff seemed convincing but is it really true????????  wink.gif                                                  

Born In Hull, Live In Hull, Die In Hull

#2    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 11:12 AM

It was a complete work of fiction.  All three are all alive and well.

Funny you should mention it though, I recall reading an article back in the day where Michael Williams (who plays Michael) had trouble with too many people thinking he died.                                                    

#3    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 11:58 AM

... and the actress who played the girl in it, Heather I think, has recently been seen in
Spielberg's 'Taken'... so she can't be too dead...

cool.gif                                                  

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#4    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 02 April 2003 - 12:04 PM

I'm surprised she doesn't have a lot more roles,
             seeing as she's a very convincing actress.                                                    

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#5    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 12:31 PM

Huhuh...especially the scene with her nooze pouring some strange material... laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

...she should have received an Oscar for it! laugh.gif                                                  

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#6    TigerMeanie

TigerMeanie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• Born In Hull, Live In Hull, Die In Hull

Posted 02 April 2003 - 02:01 PM

But wasnt they playing the parts of those who went missing??????  wacko.gif                                                  

Born In Hull, Live In Hull, Die In Hull

#7    HD

HD

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 04:55 PM

Yeah but LB by the way the series (Taken) ended she might as well have been   tongue.gif                                                  

"You have to learn to love yourself after all you are the only
person you are guaranteed to be with for the rest of your life.."

#8    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 05:14 PM

when the film came out (the first one), it was publicized that it was real to get people to go and see it, it then came out that all the material had been fabricated to help the film attract an audience.                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#9    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 10:21 AM

I hate that movie I hope I never see it again . Darn you all I was just getting back to being able to sleep without a night light . wink.gif                                                  

#10    LisaMHD

LisaMHD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

• Do I smell lasagna??

Posted 04 April 2003 - 02:11 PM

I own the first Blair Witch, I like it, but the second one really stank!! Wasnt worth renting. YUCK!!                                                  

I will forever believe that anythings possible, no matter how crazy or unexplainable.

#11    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 09:19 PM

The first one would make a great X-File plot; Mulder and Scully investigating what happened to three college students gone missing on a research trip.  Mulder would be all over it.

Otherwise, it would probably do better at some underground film-noir festival.  I think most people went to see it just to convince themselves if it was true or not.  In this the film did great.  Even after seeing it some people still were not sure.

I own the first one, too   blush.gif , but never seen the second.                                                  

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#12    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 04 April 2003 - 10:46 PM

whats the website where it tells that it was fake bucause i thought it was true......

could you show me the website where you heard that it was fake (if you can, can you find a site that has pictures of them alive today)                                                  

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#13    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 10:57 AM

Awww cummon Dowdy... the producers/directors have even been on television speaking about how they did it and why....

Get with the programme. Go to the 'Taken' website and see 'Heather' real and in the
flesh in that series...

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#14    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 05 April 2003 - 09:49 PM

Well I live in Australia and we don't get to see much mystery programs on free to air TV. The only show I saw promoting the film was the documentry 'curse of the blair witch', so that's why i'm so skeptical.

I bought the DVD special edition of the Blair Witch yesterday. It has alot of features on it, including the documentry but I have to return it today because the special features option on the DVD doesn't even work!!! I tell you if i'm convinced when i get it working                                                  

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#15    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 07:10 AM

well, after returning the movie twice and getting my money back twice i bought it again for the third time. I tried to access the special again and the same thing happened. While i was playing with the remote, i just pressed the number buttons and i got the special features working. YAY!!!!! I found out that, like a movie, the special features were broken down into chapters aswell ie. the documentry curse of the blair witch was chapter 2. So if anyone else has the same problem as i did, just press the number buttons.

Anyways........

I looked at the production notes and the character bios, and guess what, it's f*#!en FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so disapointed because i liked that movie because i thought it was real. Now that it's FAKE, it's just a cheap B Grade horror movie.

Atleast the legend is real....i think

Apparently, the movie was filmed in real time and they had a bloody GPS with them (those frauds!). They didn't even pay the people they interviewed in the town

Now i just watch the film for the documentry, because it mainly tells about the legend and only a bit is about the movie.

Plz no one tell me that the legend is fake aswell because then the DVD will just be collecting dust                                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users