Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Blair Witch?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Dowdy @ Apr 5 2003, 10:49 PM)
The only show I saw promoting the film was the documentry 'curse of the blair witch', so that's why i'm so skeptical.

*lol* Dowdy, I hope you mean gullible. rolleyes.gif

Snopes.com gives the straight dope on the matter HERE. Other FAQ's concerning the Blair Witch can be found on the Burkittsville website HERE, but I'd recommend you lower your speaker volume first.  wink.gif Don't say I didn't warn you. tongue.gif                                                  

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#17    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 06:11 PM

What the frick was that horrible tune all about?

MY EARRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

ohmy.gif                                                  

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#18    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 19 April 2003 - 03:37 AM

OH GREAT!!!!

NOW THE LEGEND ISN'T EVEN TRUE mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

well, i guess it's just a dust collector now......                                                  

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#19    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• 1,887 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 04:56 PM

I still think it was a good movie. sad.gif

'Course I have a bunch of Mr. Bean tapes, too... He's cool biggrin.gif

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#20    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,488 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 April 2003 - 03:00 PM

I don't think the fact that it isn't genuine should stop you from enjoying what is still a very unique and entertaining film.

smile.gif                                                  

#21    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 05:08 PM

there was a documentry on tv about "the real blair witch". supposedly this woman god mixed up with these people who supposedly decited to tie her up an bury her alive in the same woods. she went to court after the let her out and won the case i think                                                  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#22    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 04:52 AM

The music from the Burkitsville site 0wNz.  Ah... the good old days of playing Accolde games with MIDI music.  Just makes me want to shed a tear...

The stuff near the bottom of the page is interesting though.  If you listen to the directors offering their commentary on the DVD, they point out a couple of things that are inaccurate with their timeline.  They show the actors buying a certian type of PowerBar (I think) that was not sold at that date and a make of car that is from a couple years after the footage was apparently to have been shot.                                                  

#23    morbidman

morbidman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 01:48 PM

the second dis really dissapoint me thats for sure. sad.gif                                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users