Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

tony blair

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 06 February 2005 - 07:18 PM

Also drop that 'wanting independence is insulting English' rubbish or whatever it was that your implying but claiming I insult 'fellow brits'. As I have stated a thousand times on this site, but always to deaf ears, having national pride and wishing self-determination for your people does not count as racism. Unless you want to claim your fear of Brussels is racist?... as far as I know it isn't. So its actually you should be aware that it works 2-ways.

If i thought that u claiming you were insulting the ENglish then i wouldve said it , your putting words into my mouth, i merley stated im proud to be british how is there amy hidden meaning in that??

I dont know where u got that one from really.

To be honest ive probably been more insulting to english people on this site than you have before and you should know that....

Nonsense. What are you on about? I'm pointing out that your claim that someone's addiction to sport is what determines their patriotism is utter rubbish. And I never compared Labour to the Nazis, I'm pointing out that I'm pretty sure the French resistance were patriotic, but I bet sports were the last thing on my mind

What? You think what football and Rugby you support somehow reflects on how much you love your country? Don't be so stupid. Bet all those guys in the French, Norweigen etc Resistance during WW2 had football as the last thing on their mind. Liking a Sport does NOT define national alliagence

you were the one as you can see who started bringing WW2 into the equation and resitance fighters not me, you were making redundant comments regarding this , i was talking in context of today and modern life , how are you more patriotic than me ? how do you quantify it?

Look my thoughts on independance are if I beleived it would work then great.

I just dont think it would.

I enjoy being british as well.

The insults were pretty petty although you might not admit to insulting me i never directly insulted you if you read what i actually wrote youll see how it was in defence of what u said originally to me.

I cant be bothered gettin into a debate or falling out over this.

We have entirely different views but its not the end of the world lets agree to disagree.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#32    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 06 February 2005 - 07:40 PM

I like Bugger Blair and through all the snivelling at least he makes a stand regardless of the media and half the country being against him. Its better than having 'whats his name again??' Howard. I will leave the country if he is voted in.

#33    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:25 PM

Well then the quicker he is voted in the better  tongue.gif

He makes a stand ,give me a break,how firm is he standing over imagration,giveing us a ferarendum now on EUROPE

#34    foo fighter

foo fighter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 01:47 AM

yo celtic boy, hope the Gers beat youz on sunday

They didn't, hah hah...

Which given that most Gers fans essentially appear to be little-England (ironically), sub-racist, UDA sympathising, quasi fascist ****, is no bad thing, IMO. But then again, we ARE only talking about football, aren't we... ?? (and I support Oxford Utd and live in Wales anyway, so why should I care...  unsure.gif  wub.gif )  

#35    foo fighter

foo fighter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 02:07 AM

PS -- how is patriotism any better than (religious) fundamentalism?

BOTH involve making automatic assumptions (my faith, my country/ race right or wrong, regardless of common sense/ basic HUMANITY  or even history/ experience, etc).

In my opinion, we (human beings) will never progress until we learn to dump BOTH these mindless, illogical & DESTRUCTIVE instincts -- patriotism AND fundamentalism (which are often interlinked anyway, aren't they .. the Nazis were "patriots" (and proud of it), the Russian Stalinists  were also patriots .. ditto Saddams Republican Guard, Cromwells NMA, blah blah etc) .. both are based on similar instincts and both are potentially similalrly destructive.

Dump patiotism AND (religious) fundamentalism and maybe we'll get somewhere .. otherwise, we'll simply have centuries of more Hallabja's, more Fallujah's, etc-- YIPPEE!!!!  Can't wait huh.gif  dontgetit.gif

#36    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 07 February 2005 - 03:26 AM

i whish someone invent FTL engines, so i coul led some people whit comon sense out of this global circus.

I´m an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#37    star_child

star_child

Killer Queen

• 4,213 posts

• dare you to do what you want, dare you to be who you will

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:28 PM

Y'all probably won't like my opinion, but I absolutely hate Tony Blair. Look at 'the Troubles' in Ireland. He has promised to sort them out! As if! I think he is useless and so far up george bushes behind that it is unbelievable!

Although I hate all the government and politics and the monarchy and presidents of the whole world, Tony Blair is one of the biggest twits. Yeah, I'm glad that our country isn't like the one in the Middle East, but come on Mr. Blair! You suck! Go to hell!

Posted Image

Created by Janiel, with a little love!

Meat's No Treat For Those You Eat!

#38    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(star_child @ Feb 7 2005, 05:28 PM)
Y'all probably won't like my opinion, but I absolutely hate Tony Blair. Look at 'the Troubles' in Ireland. He has promised to sort them out! As if! I think he is useless and so far up george bushes behind that it is unbelievable!

Although I hate all the government and politics and the monarchy and presidents of the whole world, Tony Blair is one of the biggest twits. Yeah, I'm glad that our country isn't like the one in the Middle East, but come on Mr. Blair! You suck! Go to hell!

View Post

Lets see how far he is up bushes arse when the Iran question is put to him...he will run a mile
He cant wait to get out of Iraq so he can consetrate on the election and throwing all our powers away to an unalected ,greedy jumped up bunch f-cking wan-ers

the way some people go on about the middle east you would think they were dieing to be there......theres not mutch stoping them when you think of it.go go go

is there any body you do like ?

#39    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:20 PM

I dont know where u got that one from really.

I believe it was this statement here; “Its not that when your insulting your fellow brits like tony blair and so on” Maybe I miss read it and you meant about Tony and Alex.

you were the one as you can see who started bringing WW2 into the equation and resitance fighters not me, you were making redundant comments regarding this , i was talking in context of today and modern life , how are you more patriotic than me ? how do you quantify it?

I’m not trying to blow the situation out of proportion, I used the WW2 example to show the errors in claiming football was a defining aspect of patriotism. I believe that it is indeed likely that supporting Scotland in the world cup etc is a single of nationalism, however it does not define it.

Look my thoughts on independance are if I beleived it would work then great.

I just dont think it would.

I enjoy being british as well.

Yes, which I have been meaning to ask you about. I have some work due in a few months about Scottish devolution in which I need to interview pro- and against- independence individual to gain insight on the two views. As you’re the only person I know who doesn’t vote SNP/SSP could I ask you a few questions sometime on these reasons over. A friendly discussion to find out your points of view on the matter, no arguing, no attempts to covert, no attacking your posistion etc.

I cant be bothered gettin into a debate or falling out over this.

We have entirely different views but its not the end of the world lets agree to disagree.

agreed

I like Bugger Blair and through all the snivelling at least he makes a stand regardless of the media and half the country being against him. Its better than having 'whats his name again??' Howard. I will leave the country if he is voted in.

Oh, I think anyone is better than Howard… unless they called Thatcher out of retirement

BOTH involve making automatic assumptions (my faith, my country/ race right or wrong, regardless of common sense/ basic HUMANITY or even history/ experience, etc).

In my opinion, we (human beings) will never progress until we learn to dump BOTH these mindless, illogical & DESTRUCTIVE instincts -- patriotism AND fundamentalism (which are often interlinked anyway, aren't they .. the Nazis were "patriots" (and proud of it), the Russian Stalinists were also patriots .. ditto Saddams Republican Guard, Cromwells NMA, blah blah etc) .. both are based on similar instincts and both are potentially similalrly destructive.

Actually your making the assumption anyone who is patriotic is an ultra-nationalist, which isn’t the case. Anyone who supports there country in a World Cup can be explained as a nationalist, doesn’t mean they want to ethnically cleanse the opposition.

Dump patiotism AND (religious) fundamentalism and maybe we'll get somewhere .. otherwise, we'll simply have centuries of more Hallabja's, more Fallujah's, etc-- YIPPEE!!!! Can't wait

Not really, nether me or Win are out there killing each other over our disagreements. Those that tend to do so are usually insane or from uncivilized nations.

Edited by Talon S., 10 February 2005 - 10:21 PM.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#40    star_child

star_child

Killer Queen

• 4,213 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(warden @ Feb 7 2005, 08:49 PM)

View Post

Lets see how far he is up bushes arse when the Iran question is put to him...he will run a mile
He cant wait to get out of Iraq so he can consetrate on the election and throwing all our powers away to an unalected ,greedy jumped up bunch f-cking wan-ers

the way some people go on about the middle east you would think they were dieing to be there......theres not mutch stoping them when you think of it.go go go

View Post

no way, not politicians. They are all idiots. The grass in my garden could run the world better than all the politicians in the world could put together!

Posted Image

#41    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE(star_child @ Feb 12 2005, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE(warden @ Feb 7 2005, 08:49 PM)

View Post

View Post

no way, not politicians. They are all idiots. The grass in my garden could run the world better than all the politicians in the world could put together!

View Post

Quick send me some of your GRASS right away if it is that good tongue.gif

#42    star_child

star_child

Killer Queen

• 4,213 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 02:28 PM

grin2.gif lol, thats just it. Its not. But it is better than arse face tony blair!

Posted Image

#43    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 02:31 PM

We must have similar minds on tony blair .what about that excuse he calls his wife,she is a lawyer on human rights,what about our human rights having to watch them sliming all over each other on tv.makes me want to puke

#44    star_child

star_child

Killer Queen

• 4,213 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:31 PM

human rights? dude i never knew that...well at least now I know who to blame when life is crap.

Posted Image

#45    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:41 PM

Yes, which I have been meaning to ask you about. I have some work due in a few months about Scottish devolution in which I need to interview pro- and against- independence individual to gain insight on the two views. As you’re the only person I know who doesn’t vote SNP/SSP could I ask you a few questions sometime on these reasons over. A friendly discussion to find out your points of view on the matter, no arguing, no attempts to covert, no attacking your posistion etc

yeah cool just let me know when.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users