Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What do you think of paranormal investigaters?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1    Sariegn

Sariegn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

• "I don't pretend to understand the universe...it's much bigger than I am."

Posted 03 January 2005 - 01:59 AM

The reason I made this topic is because thats my hobby in the summer. I wonder what people think of us, Strange? Intresting? Or just crazy? Its not that we are bored and fearless, i get scared to death by ghosts. I cant stand to look at them but i still search. I like this hobby because death doesn't bother me, and i have a abnormal feeling when the ghosts are near me.

"There are many mysteries in this universe big and small. Like, why do clowns make us laugh? Why do we love puppy dogs? And why, why do little blue midgets hit me with fish?"

#2    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:27 AM

Very generally speaking, I do not feel they have a firm grasp of either investigative technique or scientific methodology.  The great majority have a tendency to approach any given scenario having with the intent of confirming that a supernatural/paranatural phenomena occured, rather than attempting to confirm that it occured in the first place.

This is not to say that there aren't some who are worthy of the name investiagtor, and even researcher.  Unfortunately, they are few and far between, and tend not to make the news as much as the more sensational, yet less worthy, do.

#3    HolyDevil2053

HolyDevil2053

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

• I deserve a vacation.....

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:31 AM

I think its cool that people do investigate these things...no matter how they do it or if they ever find anything.  Let us know if anything comes up this summer!

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.
Entrance to my world  
avatar animation by Triniant- awesome job!
BACK DOOR ENTRANCE

#4    Sariegn

Sariegn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:39 AM

If you have any questions about them i can try to answer. So far i have been able to answer every question, of course i gave my best response unless there are some secrets even humankind cant know.

The thing i hate about ghosts is they arent predictable... so i dont know when they will deside to show up. I rarely find any in the summer but i figure out them as i go.

I actualy came in contact, with a ghost before, a very strong one that tryed to kill me. Thats one reason why thay scare me. But when i am able to travel around the world to solve and learn everything there is to know.... well either i will be protected from the ghosts or in more trouble with them...

Edited by Sariegn, 03 January 2005 - 04:43 AM.

"There are many mysteries in this universe big and small. Like, why do clowns make us laugh? Why do we love puppy dogs? And why, why do little blue midgets hit me with fish?"

#5    RaginCajun

RaginCajun

Psychic Spy

• 1,022 posts

• "People ask for criticism, but they only want praise."
    - W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965)

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:45 AM

I wish i had people like you around sometimes...i have never but have know many people close to me see ghosts...i think you guys are cool except the fake wanna-be ones.

i have a advice for you...be mentally strong and physicallt strong they will have a much harder time "hurting you".  i think?????

Apocalypse: I am the rocks of the eternal shore; Crash against me and be broken!
::Gambit crashes his jet into Apocalypse::

Jean: Jubilee, we come into this world alone -- and we leave the same way... The time we spend in between... time spent alive, sharing, learning... together... is all that makes life worth living. Uncanny X-Men  #303

#6    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,930 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:46 AM

It's cool that it's your hobby. I'm picking it up also. Ghosts do scare me but I'm still interested and capturing them on film, in pictures, or EVP's makes it all worth it. I think paranormal investigation should be taken more seriously, and people that take part in it should be more investigative and research it well, I think it's a field that deserves that.

Posted Image

#7    Sariegn

Sariegn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:51 AM

Good advice, the only thing that saved me was my balance, oh and the standing lamp that i fell back into that kept me up... Guess i only have my luck to fend them off. The ghost that almost killed me caught me be surprize by wrapping its deathly cold hands around my ankles and tried to pull me under the fuseball table... My friend i was playing said my face was funny to watch because she never seen me scared before. Well there was that one time were a cricket i was staring at jumped up and i screamed... but thats off topic. The worste about the ghost is i saw it under the table... it looked absolutely human! Even the long black hair was defined perfectly as it laced across the concrete floor.

I hate my friends basement... and i think ghosts hate me...

#8    Sariegn

Sariegn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE(~TheBigK~ @ Jan 2 2005, 10:46 PM)
It's cool that it's your hobby. I'm picking it up also. Ghosts do scare me but I'm still interested and capturing them on film, in pictures, or EVP's makes it all worth it. I think paranormal investigation should be taken more seriously, and people that take part in it should be more investigative and research it well, I think it's a field that deserves that.

View Post

The thing is i dont have to do much reaserch... i just know... I can tell their story if they let me. Some are realy sad.  crying.gif

#9    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:09 AM

The thing is i dont have to do much reaserch... i just know... I can tell their story if they let me. Some are realy sad. crying.gif

And with that little line, any possible credibility you might have had as a researcher or investigator goes right out the window.

#10    Elfstone810

Elfstone810

Psychic Spy

• 2,056 posts

• "Today there is no day or night.
    Today there is no wrong or right.
    Today there is no black or white --
    only shades of grey."

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:01 AM

See, the thing is, you can't lump all "investigators" together.  You have to look at each individually to judge how objective they are and how well their methods hold up.  

I've always felt that there are two separate branches of those who become involved in the paranormal.  There are "Spiritualists" and "parapsychologists".  "Spiritualism" is a religion.  If I find myself in the company of Spiritualists, I will treat them with the same respect for their faith that I would treat any religious group.  I don't believe they need to do anything to support their beliefs because they *are* beliefs.  At the same time, they have to understand that their non-scientific methods cannot be used to *prove* anything to anyone.

Parapsychology is a science and is subject to the same laws and demands of any other science.  The available evidence must be evaluated and tested, hypotheses formulated, and then these hypotheses tested.  If anything, the work of parapsychologists is MORE scientifically demanding than the more traditional disciplines.

The problems arise when people confuse the two.  I won't say that your statement eliminates any credibility you may have, but it does place you firmly in the Spiritualist camp, rather than the Parapsychologist camp.

IMO.

The kitty made me do it!

Visit My Website
My Blog

#11    Sariegn

Sariegn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:48 PM

hmm.gif I am not into any religious beleifs or anything like that, i figure that they are all connected with what the people want to beleive. Very intresting that there are two kinds of investigaters.

^^ actualy i figured out that the Marry who gave birth to the 'son of god' might not even have been a vergin. That amazed me that something so minor as a miss communication of the word vergin could change religous beliefs... Vergin could also meen beautiful. Well i only have faith in what i find out, cant trust what people say even about ghosts.

I wish people would stop making fake ghost pictures... thats annoying...

Hey maybe when i get some pictures of the ghosts that linger around my room i can show you guys. Theres been this middle aged man who just stares at me... he gets on my nerves but i think he left a few days ago. I have a few stories about ghosts i investigated... i am moving to Arizona where there is more ghost sightings, and aliens, in a year. I cant wait! Well i could talk your ears off but its best if i stop now. ^^'

#12    Sariegn

Sariegn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(aquatus1 @ Jan 2 2005, 11:09 PM)
The thing is i dont have to do much reaserch... i just know... I can tell their story if they let me. Some are realy sad. crying.gif

And with that little line, any possible credibility you might have had as a researcher or investigator goes right out the window.

View Post

'kay then, you think what you want. I dont expect everyone to beleive me, heck i'm only 14.  happy.gif  

#13    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:33 PM

No disrepect but your info says your 14 years old. How much investigating can you do? You can't even drive, much less have the equipment to investigate the para normal.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#14    Sariegn

Sariegn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:43 PM

I do reaserch on the computer, but i reaserch by where ever i am. I go down to a old private beach every summer and many ghost sightings are there. My equipment is a camera and a few friends who dont mind walking around the lifeless dirt roads next to the abandoned cottages at night. We arent proffesionals and all my friends are idiots about the paranormal but i do figure out the info on the ghouls. My room is haunted my friends basement has a dead witch, i live in the perfect place to investiigate. I dont do anything scientific but in my few years on earth i have been able to take pictures of a few ghosts and other so called fantasy creatures. If i still had them i would put the images pon the internet. I even got a photo of a small winged human standing with a shield next to a candle. I dont take fake pictures and only give what i beleive to be the facts.

#15    Sariegn

Sariegn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(Sariegn @ Jan 3 2005, 05:43 PM)
I do reaserch on the computer, but i reaserch by where ever i am. I go down to a old private beach every summer and many ghost sightings are there. My equipment is a camera and a few friends who dont mind walking around the lifeless dirt roads next to the abandoned cottages at night. We arent proffesionals and all my friends are idiots about the paranormal but i do figure out the info on the ghouls. My room is haunted my friends basement has a dead witch, i live in the perfect place to investiigate. I dont do anything scientific but in my few years on earth i have been able to take pictures of a few ghosts and other so called fantasy creatures. If i still had them i would put the images pon the internet. I even got a photo of a small winged human standing with a shield next to a candle. I dont take fake pictures and only give what i beleive to be the facts.

Off topic: Your info says you have a malamute! isn't that a wolf half huskey if i am right! those are my favorite type of canine! Lucky!  w00t.gif

View Post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users