Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghosts in the machine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:51 AM

Natural background noise or messages from the other side?Williamson, a 47-year-old former cleaner, is a dedicated collector of "electronic voice phenomena", commonly known as EVP - the mysterious voices or voice-like sounds, often distorted amid other extraneous noise, which can crop up on tape recordings, broadcasts, even telephone answering machines.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Scotsman

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Great Big Sea

Great Big Sea

Poltergeist

• 2,459 posts

• We should respect a person not because who they are, but what they do with their life, is the way they earn our respect.

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:50 PM

in which believers simply hear whatever they want to hear. However you may interpret it

Of course! It's just really noise, and some people will "hear" people talking and stuff. I find it interesting but a little creepy.

"This is probably the strangest position I've been in on this show." Adam Savage.

"Notice how he says "On this Show." Kari Byron

Mythbusters.

#3    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,345 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:21 PM

Though I believe in the potential of EVP, I would imagine that in this day and age of household computers and easily obtained audio software, that 80 % or more are simple fakes and hoaxes.

#4    psychic boy

psychic boy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

• psychic and paranormal and mysterieous stuff is my thing

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:40 PM

i think evp and ghost making sounds through a electrical object is cheezy but i still believe it is real cuz most people get attached to the objects they cant let go near death and the souls dont go to the light so they stay with their posetion and how evp work...       i dont know.    lol

#5    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,492 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 07 January 2005 - 07:08 AM

EVP is never going to get scientific validation because to screen out the ambient noise for a clearer signal you block out the lower frequencies that the voices are in. But I have heard some fair samples on the different sights and do not rule out the possibility for future successful communications.

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#6    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:51 AM

Mostly its just peoples brains telling them they are hearing something because they are trying to hear anything so very much!
But not always...................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users