Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ufos and Aliens in Ancient arts :

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    Nans DESMICHELS

Nans DESMICHELS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 07:41 AM

There are frescos throughout Europe which reveal the appearance of space ships in the skies including one from the 14th century showing a small human looking man looking over his shoulder as he flies across the sky in what is clearly a space ship. He is actually being pursued by a similar craft.
user posted image
user posted image

15th Century (!)

user posted image

This one really look like a sputnik !  blink.gif
user posted image

Any comment ?

#2    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:50 AM

Nice to see you again Nans DESMICHELS ,
        Great pics . Should make an iteresting topic.Here's my two cent's worth.

I think the first pic has got me the most stumped . The second and forth ones however could well be depicting comet's as they would have been quite a phenomenom back then , and finally the third picture could well be a represtentation of the Sun in all it's golden glory. smile.gif                                                  

#3    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 11:22 AM

I tend to favour the simplest explanation for these images - the pictures depict
exactly what they are...

... ships in the sky.

People have been seeing Ufos since the Egyptian times and
probably prior to that.

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#4    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 01:33 PM

This link takes you to a site that mentions quite a few of the pictures that show supposed UFO's

Click Here                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#5    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 03:43 PM

Fascinating webpage. I really enjoyed looking at all those ancient artworks.
Makes your mind boggle.

mellow.gif                                                  

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

#6    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 03:59 PM

If I were to post pics of a flying saucer next to the World Trade Center and I said that I took them yesterday, you would all know that they were faked.  This means that I attempted to pull a hoax and this possibility shoud not be ruled out with any of these paintings either.

People have been imaginative and craving attention for as long as history records and probably well before that.  There could be little more to this story than someone getting fancy with a paintbrush in an attempt to be the talk of the town for the next few weeks.

Contemporary humans do not give our ancestors a lot of credit.  We believe that they couldn't understand such a craft as we would know it and thus paint it in a simplistic way.  While some artistic licence would have to be permitted, if someone happened to see a craft that looked like an X-Wing, that is what you would have got a picture of.                                                    

#7    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 06:07 PM

Although you are quite correct, Space Moose, and that explanation may account
for a few of those paintings, it has to be said, some very well might (like our
own Ufo photographs) be genuine.

#8    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 11:32 PM

Nice Link Al
    The pic's nans posted come from a painting of the crucifixion. Could it be that in the future we develope Time travel technologies ?  The crucifixion , birth and resurection of Christ would certainly be times worth travelling back to.                                                      

#9    Tillghast

Tillghast

Forum Divinity

• 2,327 posts

• I'm rather unnatural

Posted 06 June 2003 - 03:01 AM

the first one might be a HUMAN flying machine. rolleyes.gif                                                      

Posted Image

#10    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 08:13 AM

Wow...so amazing...I must confess that, usually skeptic in everything concerning UFOs, those pics encourage me to believe. alien.gif  alien.gif  alien.gif

But we must also think that some of them could be human flying machines like KP suggest, or simply a representation of god...

Anyway, I really would like them to be UFOs!!! original.gif                                                      

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#11    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 01:24 PM

They are just art original.gif
They might be experience shown by art .. or they might just be imagination created by some people unsure.gif
I am not sure but I also agree with ((Ronin6th)) .. they might be human flying machines .. and people at that time were very excited .. that they drew pictures of what they might expect to happen in the future  grin2.gif                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#12    Mutant Snake

Mutant Snake

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 06:54 PM

Has anyone ever heard of the book Fanglith, maybe the picture with the knight in it was proof fanglith actually happened. whistling.gif                                                      

#13    810HA2ARD

810HA2ARD

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:49 PM

Nice Pics. It Seems Throughout Time We`ve Thought About SPace And Aliens...                                                      

Nothing I Am. Nothing You Are. Nothing We Came From. Nothing We Become.

#14    WarGwy

WarGwy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:13 AM

View PostAlthalus, on 14 April 2003 - 01:33 PM, said:

This link takes you to a site that mentions quite a few of the pictures that show supposed UFO's

<a href='http://www.dudeman.n...y/ufo/art.shtml' target='_blank'>Click Here</a>

Many years ago I saw a tv documentary about ancient ufo's. Leonardo's original of his painting Mona Lisa clearly shows a gold colored ufo in the top right hand corner.  I am right now watching a program on the History Channel about the prophecies of Leonardo Da Vinci.  They showed the Mona Lisa. The ufo was clearly in the version they used for the show.  The problem; they didn't show a close-up of it because that's not what the show's about.  I never got a good look at it on the show so I looked it up on-line.  In all the versions I could find the gold colored ufo was smudged out but it was still visible in some of them.  Why was it smudged out?

#15    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:41 AM

I am sure there is some fraud involved but there are probably some period paintings that depict objects we would We interpret as space ships.  Maybe that is what they are or maybe they represent something completely different. Unless some text surfaces that documents them any conclusions are noting more than pure speculation.

Edited by sinewave, 17 September 2009 - 04:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users