Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Dead Zone!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 04:58 PM

Just wondering if any of you have had the pleasure of watching this new series. I think its pretty cool. Main character has abilities that some would die for and others not.

Just wondering if you would consider yourself blessed or damned to have his ability?

I'm still debating whether or not I could handle it my self.

p.s
A girl I work with is best friends with him and I had personally autographed photo of him the other day.... made me feel special  smile.gif                                                  

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#2    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:54 PM

I think itís great too Mystify.

Iíve watched every episode in each of the two seasons

The Dead Zone is cool cool.gif                                                  

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#3    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 16 April 2003 - 06:02 PM

I totally agree with you, Homey!   It seemed like each episode got better than the one before ~ and I'm so  glad this season's finale wasn't a 'cliff hanger'.  

Mystify,  I think you're very lucky to know that girl who knows AMH so well,  but she's the luckiest (imho). smile.gif

In answer to your question ~ I would love to have abilities to help people and see things before they happened,  hopefully to stop a disaster.  
           My favorite parts of the show are when everything is frozen in time (like raindrops) and he walks through it.                                                    

#4    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 08:24 PM

Well... the season finale for me KC isn't till tonight....

Last night i saw the episode before it where he meets "political boy" and gets the vision of the washington in flames.....

I can understand why you would want his ablilities.... but having no control over them must give one a headache   wacko.gif

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#5    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Mystify @ Apr 16 2003, 04:24 PM)

I can understand why you would want his ablilities.... but having no control over them must give one a headache   wacko.gif

I believe he does have a lot of those!  But it would still be worth it
           to me.   I think it would be worse if everytime you helped someone,
          it made you sick (like they showed in an episode of "MIRACLES" ~ which
           I just found out was cancelled!)  sad.gif                                                  

#6    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 17 April 2003 - 06:15 PM

I've been raving...<ok no funny comments biggrin.gif > about this programme  ever since I saw it after being recommended by KC &MM  and it just gets better and better,
But I think as he has pointed out on a few occasions it's a blessing and a curse...                                                  

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#7    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 07:00 PM

It's been my favorite show ever since it came out, and I agree that it keeps getting better smile.gif                                                  

#8    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 11:24 AM

The 1st series has recently finished here and I loved it! Funny though because every time I see him I think of all those 80's movies he was in...
I wouldn't volunteer to have his abilities but if I had them I would accept it and try to use them for the right reasons.                                                  

I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life, there is one that matters more than all the others. It is the trail of a true human being.

#9    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 22 April 2003 - 01:21 PM

Sageghost,  I did that too,  when I first started watching.  
         Although he's definitely changed from that scrawny kid in
        'The Breakfast Club'.  laugh.gif
            Have you been to the show's website?  It's really nice,  I've
         just gotten the screensaver loaded on my pc.
             (I didn't realize he has such blue eyes!)  wub.gif
             I think you'll enjoy the 2nd season even better.   smile.gif                                                  

#10    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:33 AM

Thanx KC I'll check it out!
Yeah looking forward to series II

rainfro.gif  rainfro.gif                                                  

I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life, there is one that matters more than all the others. It is the trail of a true human being.

#11    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:30 AM

Just a quick reminder for Dead Zone fans in the US, the new season starts Sunday, July 6.  original.gif                                                      

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#12    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:35 AM

Thanks Magik, that's my favorite show and I have been missing it original.gif                                                      

#13    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 24 June 2003 - 03:35 PM

Me too Homer!  I try not to rush through the summer, but...
         I do look forward to July 6th cause I really enjoy that show!  original.gif
         btw,  thanks for the reminder MM!   wub.gif                                                      

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#14    Allie

Allie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 03:09 AM

I just LOVE that show.

Anthony Michael Hall is sooooo Yummy!!!! wub.gif  wub.gif

Turned out to be a very nice looking man. wub.gif

Thanks Magikman, I'll be marking it on my calendar. original.gif                                                      

#15    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 03:31 AM

Sweeet..... thanks MM.
Actually just finished watching an episode from series 1.

Still love it.

I think us Canadians up here will have to wait till sept or so before we can see it   sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

ah well.... it's worth the wait.                                                      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users